Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-16-2003, 12:05 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default i'll eat a helping of crow tonight

good job quincy..gutsy performance.. you made more throws on the run and under pressure tonight than you have made in your entire career
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2003, 12:07 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Great game by the third year pro. I can't believe he tossed for 320+ yards and didn't get a touchdown, but damn....nice effort.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:08 AM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

An impressive game. He carried the team most of the night.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:10 AM   #4
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

a win is a win...it wasn't too pretty (and I was ready to kill Q after that first int) but Q played within himself and led the team to a W...

...pass some of that crow to my end of the table, Murph...
Old 09-16-2003, 12:10 AM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: i'll eat a helping of crow tonight

Great, great job Quincy...
Old 09-16-2003, 12:11 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully there are more helpings to come... like i've said in the past, i think quincy's a good kid..i just don't think he has a future in the NFL..

prove me wrong
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:11 AM   #7
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Credit where it's due. Quincy was THE MAN tonight. Excellent, clutch performance.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:14 AM   #8
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'll eat crow on Billy Cundiff. I've wanted him gone forever, and last week reinforced my belief. He saved our butts tonight. Serve the crow over here.

Since I have been a staunch Q Car supporter since his rookie year, today I get to puff my chest a little about Quincy's performance. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:16 AM   #9
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE QCARR, he played inspired and showed real confidence down the stretch of the game where he was needed the most. VERY GOOD GAME QUINCEY
Old 09-16-2003, 12:16 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

For Cundiff and Qok......

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:21 AM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to give up to Cundiff. I didn't think he had the intestinal fortitude to make the kicks he made tonight. The coaches said he just needed a confidence builder. Hopefully this is it and he can keep it going.

On an unrelated note: When is Brian Mitchell free. We're the only nfc east team he hasn't played for.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:51 AM   #12
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

great game quincy
Old 09-16-2003, 03:11 AM   #13
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Quote:
it wasn't too pretty
--Amen to that Xerxes. I'll have a bite of that crow on my prediction....I never expected the Giants to play so lame in the first half or our pass rush to be that strong.

Over 100 yards in penalties by both teams; TD interception returns by both teams when no receiver was close; and a total meltdown by Bryant when the Giants had the game won with 11 seconds left; 1 offensive touchdown by the Cowboys and 7 freaking field goals on stalled drives; allowing the Giants a 19 point comeback in the 2nd half....you're so right ...it was a win, but it sure wasn't pretty.

But I'll take my bite for predicting a NY win.

Feed me the whole crow if the Cowboys win more than 6 times this season.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:50 AM   #14
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

I will definitely make note of that OutletPass
Old 09-16-2003, 08:02 AM   #15
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

That pass to Bryant at the end was perfection. Props to Bryant for holding on running a very precise route. And props to the playcalling.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 09:08 AM   #16
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Not back from my vacation full time yet, but wanted to stick my head in and give a shout out to Quincy, lest my buddy QCarFan think that I only talk about negative performances.

Carter showed me accuracy last night that I didn't think he had in him. Sure, he had a couple of overthrows and poor passes, but by and large his passes were on the money.

Quincy was also very effective *gasp* running the ball. He made good decisions when he decided to run, and he held on to the ball pretty well.

Most importantly, though, I saw a confidence, poise and maturity about Carter that I had never seen before. I actually found myself believing, for once, that if his line could just give him time, Carter could make the throw. That is a HUGE step forward.

Quincy, last night you looked like an NFL quarterback, something I've repeatedly said you'll never become. Congrats to you, man. Now, go out and do it again against the Jets in two weeks.

Old 09-16-2003, 09:19 AM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i'll eat crow, too... cause i actually watched some of the game. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

carter played well, but cundiff was awesome. can't blame him for the one he missed... that was a long one. but man did the 'boys luck out with that kickoff by bryant. ouch.

carter made some bullet throws. the big gain at the end came off of a horrible duck pass, but he got it to campbell, so that's what's important.

also, shockey sucks.