Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-06-2003, 08:59 AM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Any word on Nash?

Is he playing tonight? Thank God there's a game tonight coz this stink is still in my mouth.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:10 AM   #2
philb7777

philb7777 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Any word on Nash?

It says on the Mav's website that Nash is listed as doubtful tonight in Toronto. It sure looks like Nash is incredible valuable to this team (as its been debated before on this board). Clearly, Best is nowhere near the back up point guard we need for our offense. Much of our "O" coems from penetration and creativity, which best has little of. Nash out, Dirk has 9 points. Almost unheard of. Now I'm not posting this to say that if Nash is in, all our problems are solved. Clearly they are not. Seeing how this season is shaping up so far, maek me wonder if the Mavs should have 'stayed put' during the off season and accepted our weaknesses (which we still have) and kept the trading to a minimum. Wonder how we would have faired last night if Van Exel came in for Nash and the stiff Lafrenz was still around? Hmmmmmmmmm.................
philb7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 09:25 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Any word on Nash?

Quote:
Wonder how we would have faired last night if Van Exel came in for Nash and the stiff Lafrenz was still around?
Probably better offensively and much worse defensively...so it might have been 110-95.
no way to tell. Yes, the offense was obviously an issue, but the Mavs horrific play in the zone was a much bigger issue.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 09:45 AM   #4
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life is on a distinguished road

How did nash get injured, i saw him limping, but then they said that it was his shoulder??
Old 11-06-2003, 09:59 AM   #5
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

Steve Nash out with shoulder injury

WASHINGTON, Nov. 6 (UPI) -- Point guard Steve
Nash of the Dallas Mavericks suffered a partially
dislocated left shoulder Wednesday night.

The veteran point guard was injured in the first
quarter of the Mavericks' 100-90 loss at Washington.

"I really don't know how it happened," Nash said.
"I just remembered running back down the court
wondering what I did to my shoulder. It just got
more sore every possession, after every bump.
When I came out, I couldn't even make certain
movements at all."

The Dallas Morning News reported that Nash will
miss Thursday's game at Toronto, and the team's
medical staff is hoping to get a harness shipped to
San Antonio in time for Saturday's game against
the Spurs.

The Mavericks have Tony Delk and swingman
Antoine Walker to handle the ballhandling chores
in Nash's absence. In the team's first four games
this season, Nash is averaging 13.5 points and
nine assists per contest.
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:21 AM   #6
philb7777

That sucks, this will be a lingering problem for him all season.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:24 AM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Nash should sit until the shoulder is healthy. No reason to risk it at this point. The Mavs should just use Delk and Daniels (and Best if those guys foul out) at the point until he can get back.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:08 PM   #8
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
The Mavs should just use Delk and Daniels (and Best if those guys foul out) at the point until he can get back.
You must be really down on Best to suggest that Daniels should play before him. Granted he hasn't looked good this year, but I read a post on LMF this summer that broke down his #'s when he started as opposed to when he came off of the bench last year. Don't remember the exact #'s but basically he was a much better player in every category when he started, even if you adjust for the difference in minutes. I'd have a hard time trusting Daniels with this offense right now, and Delk is just a 2 in a 1's body. If Steve is out long term IMO Best should start at the pg.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:12 PM   #9
philb7777

I agree with KG Veteran (nice ice man king parsons pic!). I'm a doc and if you have a partially separated shoulder you better get it complete rest and rehab before using it again or you will like get a competely separated shoulder that will require surgery. I think Nash should reamain out at least two - three weeks if the report of his shoulder is accurate. At least its his left, and not his shooting arm.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:55 PM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

According to Nellie's postgame comments (and I'm paraphrasing here) - at this point, expecting the guys to play well without Steve is simply too much to ask from them

[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:15 PM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
The Mavs should just use Delk and Daniels (and Best if those guys foul out) at the point until he can get back.
You must be really down on Best to suggest that Daniels should play before him. Granted he hasn't looked good this year, but I read a post on LMF this summer that broke down his #'s when he started as opposed to when he came off of the bench last year. Don't remember the exact #'s but basically he was a much better player in every category when he started, even if you adjust for the difference in minutes. I'd have a hard time trusting Daniels with this offense right now, and Delk is just a 2 in a 1's body. If Steve is out long term IMO Best should start at the pg.
I am down on Best, because he has no confidence in his shot and he just doesn't bring that much to the table at this point.

Daniels is an inexperienced rookie, but he's silky smooth with the dribble and he can get his own shot whenever he wants it. Also, he's a long, rangy defender who's much more athletic (and taller) than Best. He would be much more effective in the passing lanes and in preventing penetration than Best is in the zone.

Delk is a 2 in a 1's body, but he can handle, shoot, defend, and rebound better than Best. I'd prefer to have him out there because I think he also brings more to the table.

Best may have to be used if Steve is out for a few weeks; however, once Steve gets back, I think Best should be phased out altogether, and traded to another team in a package to make this roster better, if at all possible.

Old 11-06-2003, 02:59 PM   #12
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

My 2 cents on Best....

The knock on him at Indy and elsewhere was that
he tends to dribble to much. Thereby getting the
players the ball late in the shot clock. I don't
know if he's done that here yet though.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 03:11 PM   #13
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

Steve Nash is the man that makes the Dallas Mavericks go. They could be stuck for a while.
Nash may not be available to play due to a shoulder injury when the Mavericks travel to Toronto to play the Raptors.

The Mavericks' floor leader and offensive catalyst, Nash was averaging 13.5 points per game and leading Dallas in assists before leaving Wednesday's 100-90 loss to Washington in the first quarter with a left shoulder strain.

``It got real sore in the first couple minutes of the game, and the rest of the quarter it just got sorer and sorer -- every possession, every movement, every bump,'' Nash said.

Nash is unsure how long he'll be sidelined.

``We don't really know what's wrong. I'm hoping I wake up tomorrow morning and I feel great and can play,'' Nash said. ``But I don't think anyone is really sure of where it is, how long it's going to take, and what actually happened.''

from yahoo sports
Old 11-06-2003, 03:47 PM   #14
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
According to Nellie's postgame comments (and I'm paraphrasing here) - at this point, expecting the guys to play well without Steve is simply too much to ask from them

[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Another setup excuse from Nellie to use. This is what irritates me so much about the guy. Excuses. Excuses.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:05 PM   #15
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

How badly was Nash injured after the Rockets game? Does anyone out there know more about his injury? Like if he'll be out and if so for how long? Please post your knowledge.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:08 PM   #16
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I heard Nellie say on the radio that Nash would be a game time decision. He is hurting badly and his leg is beginning to swell. Nellie also said that Nash had to stay in the Houston game because if he took him out Nash's leg would become stiff. He better play because we are doomed without him.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:33 PM   #17
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Any word on Nash?

Quote:
He better play because we are doomed without him.
He had 7 assists. For me the more assists the better PG. Walker had the same number. Nelson said and also Nash that the work was to stop Frances and Mobley, and that it was well done, which I agree with.

However, I would like to watch either Best or Delk to be the starting PG for some games. With that many players able to score what we need, imo, it's a PG that assists more and passes less.

Maybe Nash is very used to pass, mostly near to the 3pts line because it's the way the Mavs have succeed taking advantage of the abilities of Dirk. But it has to change, because Jamison and Walker are always wanting to attack the basket, and Nash doesn't keep the ball closer to the basket as much as it is needed now.

I don't know if Best or Delk are capable to pass better to the last man -which make it an assist- but I would like to know it. Nothing to do with a possible desire to see Nash injured, all the more, I would like to watch Nash changing his usual style of passing many times without any advantage far from the basket.

Old 11-15-2003, 05:59 PM   #18
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

Nash and Nowitzki update

Despite some swelling in his left knee, the result of Thursday's
collision with Yao Ming, Steve Nash was able to practice Friday.
He expects to play tonight against the Memphis Grizzlies. Nash
has missed one game this season -- his first in 2 1/2 years --
with a sprained left shoulder.

"It could be a lot worse, so I feel fortunate," Nash said of the
latest injury. "I haven't had the best bounces so far, but I'd
rather have these little knocks than something serious. I'm
just going to count my blessings."

Nowitzki, suffering from flu-like systems, missed practice but
made the Mavs' charter flight Friday to Memphis. He played
against Houston with an upset stomach and should play
tonight. And if not?

"I'm thinking about activating Coach [Del] Harris," Nelson
quipped. "He can give me a couple minutes at the forward
position. He claims to be as good a shooter as Nowitzki,
so we'll soon find out."

Nelson wasn't done with the funnies.

"I was thinking about punting if they don't play," he added.
"We're going to show up and play no matter who's in or out
of the lineup, unless the league would cancel that game and
play it later in the season."
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:20 AM   #19
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Epic bot bump.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #20
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

indeed, lol
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #21
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Is he playing tonight? Thank God there's a game tonight coz this stink is still in my mouth.
He signed with the Lakers a month or so ago. Letting him walk was one of Cuban's few total screw ups, & one of the all time worst decisions in NBA history. Obviously.
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #22
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
He signed with the Lakers a month or so ago.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #23
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

There is some low-mentality drama gay queen stuff going on somewhere in the world at this very moment!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Is he still available? ITHINK he mite be a better playur at pointguard than Collison. GethimCuben!

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-09-2012 at 07:49 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote