Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-03-2004, 01:16 AM   #1
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough
Default Nash Who???? This kid Harris will make us forget.

The kid brought the defense to this team. He bugged the hell out of MiniMe. Also, he have a sweet looking shots. The flow of the game looked a little slow when he was in the game, but who cares. At least, he's not a defensive responsibility like Nash. His stat is not impressive (2-7 8 pts and 7 assists), but you have to see the game to see his effectivness vs Bibby. For once, I see Nelly put 3 defensive players on the court. ( Harris, Dampier, and Howard ). Hopefully, he will keep this up. Harris will be ROY imo.

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2004, 01:46 AM   #2
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Nash Who???? This kid Harris will make us forget.

yeah plus he doesn't constantly need a haircut
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:16 AM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Nash Who???? This kid Harris will make us forget.

Quote:
Originally posted by: bgantz
nice

Harris already does many things better than most point guards...not just Nash. I'll go out on a crazy limb and say I think he'll be a good player man.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:18 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Nash who?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:25 AM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Nash who?
Steve Nash, former Mavericks point guard and current Suns point..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-03-2004, 02:36 AM   #6
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Nash who?
The Wrestler from the WWF.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:42 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Harris has quick hands on defense. Honestly, this is what I'm most excited about. He call lock down on defense like no other PG that the Mavs have had in an extremely long time.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:06 AM   #8
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: bgantz
nice

Harris already does many things better than most point guards...not just Nash. I'll go out on a crazy limb and say I think he'll be a good player man.

wow, going way out on that limb, huh sike? hahaha You're right, he might just end up being a pretty decent ballplayer...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:06 AM   #9
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely "Nash who?"when you look at our new perimeter defense.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:14 AM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

You know Harris frustrated bibby so much that Rick Adelman had to bench him in the fourth quarter. bibby always had his way with the mavs in the past but with Terry and Harris in the back court along with Marquis and Howard, its tough for teams to just penetrate at will. I am excited.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:32 AM   #11
Waschdel

Waschdel is on a distinguished road

It will be interesting to see how he defends the Baron tonight. Maybe it is even the key for our first road victory in the young season.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:27 AM   #12
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

While Harris's play lastnight was exceptional, let's just wait a while before we start saying Steve who... It was nice to see Harris disrupt what Bibby wanted to do, I wish we had that three years ago when Bibby and Christie was having their way against the Mavericks....
Old 11-03-2004, 09:37 AM   #13
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I was SO pumped to see how our rookie was getting under Bibby's skin.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:28 AM   #14
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Someone said it best when describing Harris' defense as a Terrier on a pant leg...

How beautiful a sight it will be to watch Harris frustrate Nash when they finally meet.

life is good in mavsland

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:54 AM   #15
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Waschdel
It will be interesting to see how he defends the Baron tonight. Maybe it is even the key for our first road victory in the young season.
Good point. Davis is much more physical then Bibby and may try to overpower him on both ends of the court.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:02 PM   #16
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

On the defense he may have his way with harris..... but on ofense? How can he be physical with something he can't see, much less touch?!?! This kid's first step is lighting quick, and he can change speed very quickly on both offense and defense.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:49 PM   #17
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
Someone said it best when describing Harris' defense as a Terrier on a pant leg...

How beautiful a sight it will be to watch Harris frustrate Nash when they finally meet.

life is good in mavsland

C'mon man...I know we're all eager to get over Nash but the guy was/is stand-up. It's not cool with him in Phoenix but I say let's wish him the best. None of this Nash Who stuff, we're all grownups here.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:10 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: orangedays
Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien

life is good in mavsland

C'mon man...I know we're all eager to get over Nash but the guy was/is stand-up. It's not cool with him in Phoenix but I say let's wish him the best. None of this Nash Who stuff, we're all grownups here.
Nash is incredibly talented offensive player and one of the top 2 best offensive PG in the league IMO. However Nash is also a huge defensive liability. Harris doesn't have near Nash's offensive game yet and may never have, however he's head and shoulders better defensively than Nash. We really don't need Harris to replace Nash's offense. We just need him to take care of the ball, make good decisions, and hit the ocassional shot. So far Harris is doing admirably. IMO we'll be better off without Nash in the long run. The short run is still in doubt, but last game we were much better off without Nash IMO. Look at the box scores for Jackson and Bibby if you want confirmation.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:21 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Look at the box scores for Jackson and Bibby if you want confirmation.
Bibby looked like he was about to cry....Bobby just looked straight up pissed!

but what is most important is how Devin looked: like all this was no big deal and just another night at the office....I like this kid.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:54 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
but what is most important is how Devin looked: like all this was no big deal and just another night at the office....I like this kid.
I couldn't agree more Sike. Harris' demeanor and composure were world class. When he did make mistakes, and he made a few, he didn't let them get him down. He didn't try and force things either. All this talk about Harris not being a true PG, hell he'd look like about as true a PG as you can get last night.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:48 PM   #21
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see how anyone could say he was not a PG, he set everyone up, he made one mistake which I thought he could have avoided, but it was minor, and he was on Bobby and Bibby like white on rice all night, denying the ball on a few occasions. I remember Miller trying to inbound it to bibby, but harris was hounding him, so he couldn't...... so they gave it to Evans, and he tried to get it quickly to bibby and couldn't....... he had to dribble it up court himself.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:43 PM   #22
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Harris is the truth guys...he never took a shot that wasnt open. He never rushed anything. He is the definition of point guard
Old 11-03-2004, 04:38 PM   #23
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Harris is for real. I bet he's been asked to just focus on executing the offense, handling the ball, passing and of course defense for his first several games. But as he gains experience, he's gonna' slowly open his offensive repertoire. The kid has an unbelievably quick first step, excellent shot from outside, great leaping abilities and an uncanny touch near the basket.

Nash took a few years to develop his offense and I'm sure Devin's gonna' be a better offensive player than Nash ever was within 3 years. He may never get as consistent as Nash from the 3PT line (or the FT line), but with his ability to penetrate and finish near the basket (how 'bout those dunks!?), I truly believe we have a future star who delivers night-in, night-out on both ends of the floor.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:50 PM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Who does Charles Barkely think will be ROY? Our Devin Harris. Charles seems a bit more on our side this year than the previous years. Was it the addition of Damp/Devin Harris or the subtraction of Steve Nash?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:59 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Was it the addition of Damp/Devin Harris or the subtraction of Steve Nash?
Probably a little bit of both. Nash was definitely our worst defender. Add in Harris who has the potential to be one of the best PG defenders in the league and that's a huge swing. Damp finely gives us the needed inside prescense and toughness down low that we needed for so long.

However I could care less whether Charles likes or hates the Mavs. What I'm excited about is having a great 2 way PG or at least one who has shown that he has potential to be great on both sides.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:04 PM   #26
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Definately my answer was the subtraction of Nash. I love Nash and what he brought to this team and not to discredit anything he has done but his defense was a liability and he guarded the most important position on the opposing teams roster. But I just found it funny the tune Barkely was singing last night. As a matter of fact he didn't say one thing bad about us. I really don't much into what Barkley says either but he sure is entertainment. He had me in tears last night when he tired to compare Kobe to OJ. [img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote