Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-03-2004, 09:05 PM   #81
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE: Mavs @ New Orleans Gameday thread

Henderson is showing up, he was a good energy guy last night and he is doing the hard defensive work tonight.

That trade is looking better and better.

Where is Calvin Booth? no minutes last night and no sign of him tonight. I haven't read of any injury...
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2004, 09:06 PM   #82
TheBenger

TheBenger is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Mavs @ New Orleans Gameday thread

Murphy, would you please quit with your bickering, it is beyond old.
TheBenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:07 PM   #83
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Henderson is showing up, he was a good energy guy last night and he is doing the hard defensive work tonight.

Where is Calvin Booth? no minutes last night and no sign of him tonight. I haven't read of any injury...
Honestly, Bradley's just a better player than Booth. Perhaps Nellie mentioned Booth ahead of Bradley in the pre season simply to try and motivate the Mantis. But, the Mantis needs no motivation.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:07 PM   #84
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

lets step up our O&D
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:07 PM   #85
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Howard has been playing good defense on the Baron.
Henderson again with solid minutes.
Bad pass by Terry there but a very good half for jason. Nice pushing the ball
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:08 PM   #86
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: orangedays
Quote:
The Hornets aren't very good.
uh...ok

ditto

Don't you have anything better to do? Seriously...like concentrate on the game?
Because you amuse me with your cockiness, I'll let this slide.

Good for you...I'm so glad we can move on with our lives.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:08 PM   #87
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: TheBenger
Murphy, would you please quit with your bickering, it is beyond old.
No. If someone throws out a horrible sports opinion, I will call them on it. If they want to then bow up to me, I will call them out on it again. If you don't like it, so be it.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:09 PM   #88
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Did I just see finley make two plays with his dribble??

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:09 PM   #89
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Yeah what happened to Dirk taking the most shots on this team? Hopefully a half time talk will fix this.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:10 PM   #90
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

throw a Tech
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:10 PM   #91
Murphy3
Guru

How long before Byron Scott tires of Baron Davis?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:11 PM   #92
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mike is the assist machine....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:11 PM   #93
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I'm sure Dirk will turn it up, he's the Man now after all.

EDIT:

For real Murph, grow up. If you are as great a determinant of what passes as a "horrible sports opinion"...as you apparently think you are, by all means go to ESPN or TNT (or wherever you wish if those are ... 'below' you). I am sure they would be honored to offer you a position in exchange for pinches of your infinite wisdom.

In the meantime, I would encourage you (note that I'm not telling you, I know how you don't like that) to just leave other posters alone. If yesterday was any proof, the US remains a free country, and coincidentally this remains a free board. Well...actually that does give you the right to do whatever it is you think you do, so I regress.

But a point I would like to make, when you say something like "I will let it slide", please try and ensure that the individual you are making the comment to cares that you are going to 'do them a favor'. If I made as many derogatory posts as you, I too would have 20,000 posts in no time. Congratulations on being a member of this board since 2001, and I'm sure it's nice trying to bully others on the internet. You're a big boy now. :-)
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:12 PM   #94
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog

Honestly, Bradley's just a better player than Booth. Perhaps Nellie mentioned Booth ahead of Bradley in the pre season simply to try and motivate the Mantis. But, the Mantis needs no motivation.
Last night Dirk played some 5 instead of Booth. Dirk and Henderson in at the same time. There are minutes for Booth, either at the 5 or the 4. I am wondering if there's something we don't know.

A really good 2Q after a very lathargic 1Q.

Old 11-03-2004, 09:13 PM   #95
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I'm liking the sound of this game
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:13 PM   #96
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

JET more like RETard for that foul
Old 11-03-2004, 09:13 PM   #97
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Rebounds 24-22 NO now. MUCH better.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:13 PM   #98
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

dirk has 6 4
he needs to step it up
have they been doubling him?
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:14 PM   #99
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Fin was excellent when he returned in the second quarter

-Josh has been on Baron for most of the game and Davis has only one field goal. Baron has taken a lot bad shots.

-Jason Terry had an excellent half. Came in early and never left. Really pushed the ball.

-Henderson again played some solid minutes.

-Marquis Daniels just makes plays

-Dampier=invisible in the first half.

-Nice plays by Stack.

-Rookie JR Smith took a lot of bad shots, but the kid looks a player. Very explosive and a beautiful jumper.

-Mavs up by 9 at halftime
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:15 PM   #100
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

So why did Atlanta trade Terry, Henderson, and a pick/money for Walker?!?!!?!?!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:15 PM   #101
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
dirk has 6 4
he needs to step it up
have they been doubling him?
Unlike last night, the Mavs have chosen not to use him in the high post much. Much of the time, he's been out beyond the perimeter.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:16 PM   #102
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The second unit rocks! Bradley FORCING Nelson to play him (well, that and Dump laying an egg)
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:17 PM   #103
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lead 54-45 at the half:

Howard (16) 3-7, 0-1, 3-3, 9pts, 3rbs, 1as

Dirk (18) 2-5, 1-2, 1-2, 6pts, 4rbs, 1as, 1to, 1stl

Dampier (14) 0-1, 4rbs, 2as, 2tos

Harris (4) 0-2, 0-1, 1as

Finley (12) 5-7, 2-3, 12pts, 2rbs, 2as, 1to

Terry (20) 4-8, 2-4, 2-2, 12pts, 3as, 1stl

Stackhouse (12) 2-4, 1-1, 2-2, 7pts, 3rbs

Bradley (10) 0-1, 3rbs, 2as, 1blk

Daniels (8) 3-3, 0-2, 6pts, 2rbs, 1as, 1to

Henderson (6) 1-1, 2pts, 1rb
Old 11-03-2004, 09:19 PM   #104
Phil Helmuth

Why isn't Q playing more? He is a baller.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:19 PM   #105
Murphy3
Guru

It's hard not to be ahead by nine when Terry, Stack, Fin, Howard, Bradley, Henderson, and Daniels are all playing solid ball. Why did Atlanta trade for Walker? I suppose they wanted to get rid of some contracts in exchange for an expiring contract.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:21 PM   #106
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Phil Helmuth
Why isn't Q playing more? He is a baller.
Nellie said that he tired quickly last night. Perhaps he's just working his way back into playing condition.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:24 PM   #107
Phil Helmuth

Ahh, I don't think I've ever seen a more productive 8 minutes in my life.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:29 PM   #108
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Finley is playing very good ball tonight.

I'd expect to see a lot of shots by Dirk in the 2 half. Only 5 shots in 18 minutes?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:29 PM   #109
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I'll expect a close game till the end. The tired legs will take their toll in the forth.

Mavs by three on a 3-point buzzer beater by Dirk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:32 PM   #110
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

LOL at Baron Davis
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:34 PM   #111
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Wow I dont mean to jump on a bangwagon, but DEAR GOD what is Baron Davis thinking out there?????
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:34 PM   #112
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Every Mav that has played tonight with the exception of Stack already has atleast one assist. In Stack's defense, he's shot 50% so far and one attempt was a tip in.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:35 PM   #113
Phil Helmuth

What did Davis do?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:35 PM   #114
Mavdog
Diamond Member

This is the Mav team that we saw consistently win on the road in '02-'03. Very confident, able to score and score. Now we're playing some better d...this is good!

Granted, this NOh team isn't very good. very selfish group.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:36 PM   #115
Big_Dog

Big_Dog will become famous soon enough

can´t watch this game here in iceland, but I have one question. why has devin only played 5 minutes?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:38 PM   #116
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

He didn't play that well off the bat, Terry was put in and Terry played well.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:39 PM   #117
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Fin might want to monitor those turnovers.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:39 PM   #118
Phil Helmuth

Come on Damp I want to here your name.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:41 PM   #119
Murphy3
Guru

On a side note, Houston lost again.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:43 PM   #120
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Fin might want to monitor those turnovers.
That would be nice, but he's shooting well. Ultimately, shooting the ball should be his main duty for the mavs along with leadership.