Old 11-03-2004, 12:11 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default What, not even listed?

Old 11-03-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: What, not even listed?

You'd think he'd be up there as long as Carlisle and Saunders are there. Isn't Nelson second all time in # of wins?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:10 PM   #3
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default RE:What, not even listed?

No respect, nelson gets no respect. If he brings Dallas an NBA title he will recieve plenty of respect and accolades.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:53 PM   #4
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

I didn't like Nellie last year for playing Dirk at #5 while Bradley's on the bench. But to say he isn't in the top 7 is a joke.

What did Hubie Brown, Saunders or Carlisle achieve that Nellie hasn't already? And among the others, LB is a clown who just got lucky last year; the other three, although I respect 'em all, would have done nothing if not for Malone, Olajuwon or TD who're arguably among the greatest few to have played their positions ever.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:11 PM   #5
The Hammer

The Hammer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M
I didn't like Nellie last year for playing Dirk at #5 while Bradley's on the bench. But to say he isn't in the top 7 is a joke.

What did Hubie Brown, Saunders or Carlisle achieve that Nellie hasn't already? And among the others, LB is a clown who just got lucky last year; the other three, although I respect 'em all, would have done nothing if not for Malone, Olajuwon or TD who're arguably among the greatest few to have played their positions ever.
Sloan did pretty well without Malone (and Stockton) last year.
The Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:44 PM   #6
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

They exceeded everyone's expectations but they were still a lottery team. Sloan's a great coach and I probably would vote for him as the best coach in the league this year. But I'd base it more on his personality, decision-making and his handling of his players.

I'm just peeved that the league is so fascinated with that clown Larry Brown. He's a good teacher of basketball fundamentals but I don't think he's a good coach. He's always belittling and berating his players, constantly whining throughout the games and many times after the games. The first hint of trouble, he packs up and moves on to another team. I wouldn't put him in the top 5 in my book.

I'm not a huge fan of Nellie but given his record, I think one can make a case for him that's better than some of the coaches listed above.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:41 PM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: What, not even listed?

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of Nellie but given his record, I think one can make a case for him that's better than some of the coaches listed above.
My same thoughts. Probably I am prejudiced about Nellie, but never considered that he wouldn't make such a list.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:50 AM   #8
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

Jerry Sloan and Hubie Brown are the best coaches in the league (in that order) if you ask me.. with Flip, Carlisle and Nellie not too far behind.

But Larry Brown? That guy is the most overrated coach in the league.
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote