Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-27-2006, 03:31 AM   #1
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough
Default Bruce Bowen kicks Ray Allen

you can see it in the video here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260326025

"It's just dirty basketball. It's plain, outright, dirty basketball," Allen said. "You guys have chronicled our battles over the last couple of years and I don't mind the competition, someone going at me on both ends of the floor. ... But when guys start throwing elbows and kick you when you're down, that's dirty basketball and I don't respect guys like that."

Anyone think he'll get a suspension?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:41 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

On the one hand, Allen appeared to give as good as he got. But on the other hand...man, that was saucy!! You don't mess with Bruce Bowen. He will hurt you.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:42 AM   #3
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
On the one hand, Allen appeared to give as good as he got. But on the other hand...man, that was saucy!! You don't mess with Bruce Bowen. He will hurt you.
If by hurt you mean 'stick his legs under you while you are in the air for a jumpshot' - then yes.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:29 AM   #4
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

first of all, this should be in "Around the NBA"...

secondly, that was NOTHING, just a friendly touch with the sole of his shoes...

he didn't kick him in the nuts or anything

as much as I dislike Bruce Bowen's way of playing ball, I wouldn't get upset over this incident

and allen can suck it...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:46 AM   #5
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

That was across the line. It looks like he knew he could get away with it because Allen is between him and the Ref so he tries to get a free kick.

Bruce is a thug. He is a somewhat nice guy which is why he continues to get away with this stuff. I look forward to seeing the fine Bruce will get, and I can hope for a suspension ......
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:10 AM   #6
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus, he's at it again!

Edit: The good thing is I NEVER get tired of seeing that clip.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-27-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:14 AM   #7
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I've tried to give Bowen the benefit of the doubt time and time again because I hear what great things he does off the court. That was dirty. That was something my 7 year old nephew would do if he got mad at me.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #8
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

That one kick above looks like some high flying Karate move.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:53 AM   #9
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

He's a worthless piece of shit, what's new?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

double

Last edited by Five-ofan; 03-27-2006 at 10:12 AM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

anyone who finds an excuse to put the ninja kick in a thread gets props, i love that clip. That the vince dunk in the olympics and a clip in the playoffs where kobe is on a breakway and wally jumps to contest the shot but then decides to pull back and doesnt get within 2 feet of kobe at any part of his body but gets called for a foul are probably my 3 favorite basketball clips.

As for bruce bowen he is a piece of shit. I know ymca ball and nba ball have absolutely nothing in common other than both involve a basketball and a hoop but if someone pulls half the crap he does in a ymca game it ends in a fight yet somehow he maintains a good guy image and i just dont understand how.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #12
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

I am not posting this regarding whether bowen is a dirty player or not. Bowen and allen have been going at each other for years and don't hide their dislike for one another. If you follow the play Allen essentially layed on bowens legs longer than he had to and bruce kicked him off. I agree that he deserved a technical but bowen was telling the referee that he , allen, was trying to hurt him and would not get off his legs. Just thought I would add this info..
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 AM   #13
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Kicking babies, punching elderly women, spitting on priests...

all in a days work for Old Dirty Brusturd.

Last edited by capitalcity; 03-27-2006 at 10:23 AM.
capitalcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 AM   #14
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

The play looked pretty harmless to me. All Bowen did was shove Allen off his leg. Definitely deserved a tech, but it wasn't like it hurt Allen at all. He might get a small fine, but I seriously doubt he gets a suspension for that.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #15
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
I am not posting this regarding whether bowen is a dirty player or not. Bowen and allen have been going at each other for years and don't hide their dislike for one another. If you follow the play Allen essentially layed on bowens legs longer than he had to and bruce kicked him off. I agree that he deserved a technical but bowen was telling the referee that he , allen, was trying to hurt him and would not get off his legs. Just thought I would add this info..
Hm...from the ESPN video it doesn't look like Ray was ever even on Bruce Bowen's legs. At the very most Ray might have fallen on Bowen's left foot but even then it must have been inadvertent because Ray's back was to Bowen the entire time he was falling down. Allen looks like he was focused on complaining to the ref about the foul, then he gets kicked in the back at which point he turned and attempted to retaliate.

Watching it again, it doesn't even look like Allen was on Bowen's foot. The way that Allen landed, it appears that Bowen's foot was caught between Allen's arm and his torso...for less than a second...and it doesn't appear that Allen tried anything malicious.

Bowen's a thug. We've seen it with Wally, we've seen it with Finley, we've seen it with Dirk, and now we're seeing it again with Ray. Just play the game Bruce...

Last edited by orangedays; 03-27-2006 at 10:25 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:25 AM   #16
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Wow, the Spurs are really getting after it lately. First, Horry bites Stack and now Bowen kicks Ray Allen in the back. Classy.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:39 AM   #17
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Allen looks like he was focused on complaining to the ref about the foul, then he gets kicked in the back at which point he turned and attempted to retaliate.

Watching it again, it doesn't even look like Allen was on Bowen's foot. The way that Allen landed, it appears that Bowen's foot was caught between Allen's arm and his torso...for less than a second...and it doesn't appear that Allen tried anything malicious.

Do you realize you contradicted yourself with these 2 statements? Less than a second... now your getting ridiculous..
Old 03-27-2006, 10:40 AM   #18
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Wow, the Spurs are really getting after it lately. First, Horry bites Stack and now Bowen kicks Ray Allen in the back. Classy.

yeah sort of like your best player calling out other teammeates during a playoff run..very classy indeed..
Old 03-27-2006, 10:42 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

George, you're making a fool of yourself.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #20
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
yeah sort of like your best player calling out other teammeates during a playoff run..very classy indeed..

Biting vs. Calling out.....hmm....you're right. Very comparable.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #21
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
George, you're making a fool of yourself.

i just stoop to the level i have to in order to reach some of these posters..
Old 03-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #22
George Gervin

Quote:
Biting vs. Calling out.....hmm....you're right. Very comparable.

my problem is that he did not bite him..but hey you can hang your hat on that ..
Old 03-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #23
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
my problem is that he did not bite him..but hey you can hang your hat on that ..

??
Old 03-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #24
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Uh, isn't that what a star player is supposed to do when his teammates are playing like shit? Nobody seemed to think Larry Bird was being an ass when he called out his teammates the first time they faced the Lakers in the finals.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:50 AM   #25
George Gervin

Quote:
??

exactly my point..you had no idea he did not bite him did you? sort of destroys your petty post doesn't it?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:50 AM   #26
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
...Watching it again, it doesn't even look like Allen was on Bowen's foot. The way that Allen landed, it appears that Bowen's foot was caught between Allen's arm and his torso...for less than a second...and it doesn't appear that Allen tried anything malicious.

Bowen's a thug. We've seen it with Wally, we've seen it with Finley, we've seen it with Dirk, and now we're seeing it again with Ray. Just play the game Bruce...
Totally agree od. I don't know what you're seeing that we don't spiral... The technical foul was fairly levied against Bowen as he was the only aggressor in the situation. I don't see where Allen ever lands or stays on Bowen's legs/feet.

Obviously Allen wasn't writhing around on Bowen's feet - they were being positioned to deliver a kick to the back.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #27
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
I don't know what you're seeing that we don't spiral... The technical foul was fairly levied against Bowen as he was the only aggressor in the situation.
I never said it wasn't. I said it definitely deserved a tech...
Old 03-27-2006, 11:16 AM   #28
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't see it, CC, because it didn't happen. Allen never landed on Bowen's legs.

Bowen's dirtier than a baby's diaper after he ate green giant corn niblets.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:21 AM   #29
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Bowen's dirtier than a baby's diaper after he ate green giant corn niblets.
a sampling of jokes I found on spursreport -
Bruce Bowen is so dirty, that when he sweeps dust, it gives him the right-of-way

Bruce Bowen is so dirty he has to creep up on bathwater

Bruce Bowen is so dirty that you can't tell where the dirt stops and he begins

Bruce Bowen is so dirty he makes mud look clean.

Bruce Bowen is so dirty, plants grow off his ass.

Bruce Bowen is so dirty, the U.S. Army wants to use his bath water as a biological weapon.

Bruce Bowen is so dirty, he jumped in the water, and the water jumped out

Bruce Bowen is so dirty, he gave me an ear infection thru the telephone
Old 03-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #30
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

You see George, when a man opens his mouth, shows his teeth, and pushes his face towards the flesh of another we around these parts generally view that as trying to bite someone. He most DEFINITELY tried to bite him, and saying anything other than that is blatant homerism. If you are going to come to a Dallas Mavs board and start crap because we are calling your little bitch dirty, at least be honest.

EDIT: The link below actually says that his teeth didn't make contact, but even trying to bite someone on an NBA court makes you look like a punk.

In fact, here is your little bitch!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 03-27-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:36 AM   #31
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
You see George, when a man opens his mouth, shows his teeth, pushes his face towards the flesh of another and closes his mouth on that flesh, we around these parts generally view that as BITING someone. He most DEFINITELY did bite him, and saying anything other than that is blatant homerism. If you are going to come to a Dallas Mavs board and start crap because we are calling your little bitch dirty, at least be honest.

so if he BIT him why no fine? suspension for biting him? why no leage outrage for him putting stack's health in jepordy? no teeth marks..see where i come from the mouth/teeth actually need to touch the skin..since big shot did not it was not a bite..if you say stating a fact is blatant homerism what is making something up and defending it? don't bother responding because you cannot defend something that did not happen... my dirty little bitch has been suspended how many times? technicals?... can you even muster a stat that is so out of the norm for his play? compare his tech's to other players? what about comparing suspenions?.. nice try skippy..
Old 03-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #32
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
You see George, when a man opens his mouth, shows his teeth, and pushes his face towards the flesh of another we around these parts generally view that as trying to bite someone. He most DEFINITELY tried to bite him, and saying anything other than that is blatant homerism. If you are going to come to a Dallas Mavs board and start crap because we are calling your little bitch dirty, at least be honest.
Classic. Genius. Bravo.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:41 AM   #33
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Classic. Genius. Bravo.
let me guess your going to stick with he 'bit him'. i guess facts don't enter anything when it copmes to being a mavs homer..
Old 03-27-2006, 11:44 AM   #34
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
let me guess your going to stick with he 'bit him'. i guess facts don't enter anything when it copmes to being a mavs homer..
"Adoyle, I have a feeling your whole family is going down. But for now, I have to study."

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 03-27-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:46 AM   #35
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

are ya'll talkin about the Horry, Stack Bite?

looks like a bite to me. and a push and a shove to the ref.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:48 AM   #36
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
are ya'll talkin about the Horry, Stack Bite?

looks like a bite to me. and a push and a shove to the ref.

so then why no fine? tech? i saw the same thing and initially thought he bit stack..turns out he did not.. so why are you still defending something that did not happen?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:48 AM   #37
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

It truly is sad how you can defend a guy that you KNOW is a cheap dirty bitch!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:50 AM   #38
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Maybe this was Kobe's defense too... Um, sir, I just put my pecker next to her. It never actually touched!

Same theory right??? WHY NO JAIL TIME, WHY NO CONVICTION... I guess Kobe and bitch boy are both choir boys!

Ridiculous!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 03-27-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #39
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

or mabey this pic

or this one.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #40
George Gervin

Quote:
It truly is sad how you can defend a guy that you KNOW is a cheap dirty bitch!

so you could find nothing to back up your claims? figures.. I'll take the guy that shuts down opposing players on the way to 2 championships.. sure I will defend the guy!