Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-30-2006, 09:57 AM   #201
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

what were arguing about again?
Old 03-30-2006, 10:01 AM   #202
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
what were arguing about again?

whose mom is bigger and 'waste of space' posting
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:03 AM   #203
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
look in the mirror.. and read this back to yourself... over and over..
Good God man, at least learn how to quote properly.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:03 AM   #204
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
whose mom is bigger and 'waste of space' posting
I believe, at last tally, you are well ahead on both counts.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:06 AM   #205
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
I believe, at last tally, you are well ahead on both counts.

and there you have it..orangedays has won the cockfight..
Old 03-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #206
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
and there you have it..orangedays has won the cockfight..
Word up.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #207
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, halle lujah
Old 03-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #208
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe this thread could benefit from being locked, but that's just me.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #209
George Gervin

Pop called ray allen out on his radio program. Said he, Ray, was so happy that he had irrefutable proof from the kick (since ray always complains about bowen) that he called the leage office. Pop goes on to basically punk ray allen... priceless..

he also said that is was petty of ray to call the league office..

take a listen..

http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/podcast.html

Last edited by George Gervin; 03-30-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:30 AM   #210
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

it was Petty cause it was his player that is a punk ass bitch. Had it been the other way around, he would have done the same thing. I am glad he got his ass fined and mabey now the refs will look at his play a little harder.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #211
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Pop punks Ray Allen......... hah, how that's less of a bitch move than Ray Allen calling the NBA league office? I don't know.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:42 AM   #212
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Pop punks Ray Allen......... hah, how that's less of a bitch move than Ray Allen calling the NBA league office? I don't know.

Pop said Ray's frustrated that bruce shuts him down all of the time and complains way too much. His point, in my opinion, is that the league has the tape and they will make a decision based on what is provided them. Ray did not need to call and try to get bruce suspended.. in an odd way ray allen was happy that he tried to get bruce suspended.. if you can't beat thme..get them suspended..
Old 03-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #213
bernardos70
Diamond Member

They did beat them in the game that sparked this whole controversy....... looks like the one that got frustrated was Bruce Bowen, who had to resort to kicking him.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #214
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I guess if getting something done to prevent Bowen from possible hurting someone is a being a punk, then fine by me. He just doesn't shut people down, he plays dirty. plain and simple. He kicks, jabs, fouls, and tries to trip people, stick feet under them on a jump shot. Something needs to be done. If he is such a great defender, defend without being cheap.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:55 AM   #215
George Gervin

Quote:
They did beat them in the game that sparked this whole controversy....... looks like the one that got frustrated was Bruce Bowen, who had to resort to kicking him.

actually we led most of the game including the moment of the kick.. of course that was until the sonics pull a 'cavalier' like 3 pt barrage going 9 of 10 in the 3rd qtr.. ..

Last edited by George Gervin; 03-30-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #216
bernardos70
Diamond Member

And the justification for the kick was.......? Sounds like someone got frustrated and resorted to violence.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:03 PM   #217
George Gervin

Quote:
And the justification for the kick was.......? Sounds like someone got frustrated and resorted to violence.

no justification for the kick... bowen admitted so and apologized.. Pop also said he felt the fine was fair..
Old 03-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #218
bernardos70
Diamond Member

So he kicked him for nothing then? That speaks volumes. Much the same way he kicked Szczerbiak? And his elbow to Finley? Well, I just feel that much better now about his attitude.

Last edited by bernardos70; 03-30-2006 at 12:15 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #219
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Mabey the fact that Bowen COULDN'T guard Ray,
line from the game
13-23, over %50 from the field
5-6 3's, wow
33 pts.
Doesn't look like Bowen did jack against Ray that night.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #220
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
Mabey the fact that Bowen COULDN'T guard Ray,
line from the game
13-23, over %50 from the field
5-6 3's, wow
33 pts.
Doesn't look like Bowen did jack against Ray that night.

he did not that night.. you are correct.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:11 PM   #221
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I think the thing that pisses me off about this whole thing with Pop calling him out is that Ray is one of the best people in the league. Not just one of the best players, one of the best persons. He is committed to his team, he does so much for the community, very smart with his finances, coaches rookies on how to control their spending habits, and just an all around good person. I think I would take his word over many others in the league anyday.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:27 PM   #222
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
actually we led most of the game including the moment of the kick.. of course that was until the sonics pull a 'cavalier' like 3 pt barrage going 9 of 10 in the 3rd qtr.. ..
In the words of a very wise man (The Great Weed 'Sheed):

"The ball don't lie."
Old 03-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #223
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

wow. Bicurious George Gervin called me a girl in his signature. I'm so crushed.

Don't trolls usually get the boot?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:58 PM   #224
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
wow. Bicurious George Gervin called me a girl in his signature. I'm so crushed.

Don't trolls usually get the boot?

your not a female? sorry you acted like one so i assumend you were..

so now the definition of a troll is someone who insults drbi-sexual?
Old 03-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #225
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
can you get off of my mom? I just got of yours so be nice..
I swear I last heard this in the 80s! Wow!