Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-22-2002, 03:19 AM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

What is the absolute worst movie you've ever seen? I'm watching Glitter right now, which is why I bring it up. I think the worst movie I've ever seen though, was probably Mortal Kombat 2. That movie sucked such marvelous ass, I thought about walking out 3 minutes in and watching The Rainmaker...oh wait, I did.
Old 03-22-2002, 03:43 AM   #2
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

On Any Given Sunday

I walked out.
Old 03-22-2002, 04:14 AM   #3
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

blair witch project
Old 03-22-2002, 09:53 AM   #4
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I think it was Eyes Wide Shut. I remember going to the movies to watch that crap. Everytime I thought it would end it just kept on. I almost wanted to walk out but then I would be wasting my money.
And I was thinking that it would start getting good as the movie went along, but it didn't. Total trash.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 09:56 AM   #5
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Ocelot,

You went to the theatre to watch that suck ass movie.
Tell me your girlfriend made you go. I know you didn't walk up in there by yourself.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:56 AM   #6
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Starship Troopers!!

No doubt there.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 09:57 AM   #7
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

my bad, your talking about Mortal Kombat 2, yeah that sucked too.
Old 03-22-2002, 12:23 PM   #8
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Here are a couple of my least favorites:

Hollow Man: Never seen the antagonist come back to life so many times. Got it on pay per view with a friend, adn we were laughing through the entire climax.

Battlefield Earth: Heard it was terrible so I had to see it. It was terrible.

Crumb: I usually like Indie movies, but this was just an act of masterbation.

Recent stinker: Time Machine

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 12:38 PM   #9
nekked

nekked is on a distinguished road

ghost dad

Old 03-22-2002, 03:26 PM   #10
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Hercules goes to New York with Arnold

Curse of Inferno with Pauly Shore (filmed right here in Forney) lol

OzMavs, there has to be a worse flick than Starship Troopers down there in Oz....
Old 03-22-2002, 03:44 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta agree with Mortal Kombat 2. That movie was just PATHETIC, and unfortunately I did see it in the theaters. Street Fighter, starring Jean Claude "I can't act" Van Damme, was also pretty heinous.

The only movie I've walked out of though is the one with Tim Allen and Kirstie Alley, where they're posing as an Amish couple. I think it's called "For Richer or Poorer" or something like that.

I'm sure there are worst movies but I just can't think of any right now.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 03:50 PM   #12
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

"Wrongfully Accused" with Leslie Nielsen. The only movie I ever walked out of. I didn't even want to see it, but I was with some of my more retarded friends who just HAD to see a comedy, and it was the only one at the 6-plex. I kept telling them, "ya'll aren't going to like this," and sure enough, about 10 minutes into it... we left. Kinda pissed me off because I don't like leaving. But it was BAD.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 04:28 PM   #13
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Joe Dirt..hands down.
So so bad.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 04:42 PM   #14
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Oh yeah, Forces of Nature absolutely sucked Roseanne ass. Baeowolf (is that the right spelling) with the Highlander dude in it was pretty bad as well.
Old 03-22-2002, 04:53 PM   #15
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Hollow man wasn't so much bad, as it was offensive. The rape scene was so bad, i actually thought about writing a letter in complaint.

My call for worst movie (and in my opinion you guys aren't trying very hard) is Hardware.

I saw this movie in highschool. Me and my friends hated it so much, we stood outside the theater afterwards for twenty minutes telling people purchasing tickets not to see the movie. We did this until the theater manager gave us our money back. It was bad, really bad, but not in a laughably bad sense, it was just awful.

Another one is Guilty As Sin with Rebecca De Mornay and Don Johnson. This movie bit as well. But it was laughably bad.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 07:36 PM   #16
BiteMeVescey

BiteMeVescey is on a distinguished road

Two Words for ya: Cool World. Nuff Said, it was absolutely pathetic
Old 03-23-2002, 03:53 PM   #17
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Blair Witch- I thought I was going to see the scariest movie ever made. Instead- well, who knows what the hell that movie was, I know it wasnt scary
Old 03-23-2002, 05:34 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

il iked blair witch
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 05:36 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with reeds...Blair Witch sucked...especially after all that hype.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 05:48 PM   #20
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Blair Witch did suck, did anyone see the 2nd one? I think I was laughing the whole time.
Just remember another movie, Here On Earth *argh* That movie was awful, I wanted to slap everyone involved in the making of it.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 05:52 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

The first one sucked so bad that there was no way in hell I was going to pay for the second one.

Ugh!
Old 03-23-2002, 10:02 PM   #22
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

and bicentenial man
Old 03-23-2002, 10:04 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i loved blair witch..awesome movie.
honestly, i think you have to be a very creative person to really get into blair witch. if you go into it being very cynical and don't allow your thoughts to wander and place yourself into the shoes of the people in the movie,..well, then you wouldn't enjoy it.

yes, bicentennial man sucked horribly bad
Old 03-23-2002, 10:46 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

What is invisible and smells like worms? Bird farts.

That was the best line in Bicentennial man. It did suck.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:01 AM   #25
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Cabin Boy - I was depressed for days that I paid money to see it at a theatre. I thought about suing the filmmaker for pain and suffering.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 12:04 AM   #26
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Blair Witch from the front row and it gave me the worst damn headache and crick in my neck. I actually found it entertaining though, and the ending was rather surprising. Not something I'd watch again though.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 08:39 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

no, it's definitely a movie you watch once
Old 07-31-2003, 02:31 PM   #28
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default The absolute WORST movie you've ever seen.

Add Gigli to the list
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 02:48 PM   #29
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Vanilla Sky
Old 07-31-2003, 02:54 PM   #30
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: The absolute WORST movie you've ever seen.

The Haunting

Vanilla Sky
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 03:09 PM   #31
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I've already walked out of two movies this year - Dumb and Dumberer and Two weeks notice

I also remember paying to see a movie called "Fast Food" when I was in middle school. Needless to say, it wasn't up to the high standard laid down by it's predecessor, "Hamburger, the motion picture", which I also paid to see. I paid to see Earnest Goes to Camp, which many people would label a terrible movie, but which I think is pure genius. The first movie I ever saw in a theatre was "Popeye" starring Robin Williams. I don't remember much about it since I was only four years old at the time, but history has not treated it kindly. And I know that Step Mom has a certain following, but if a movie could ever be classified as a torture device, this is it. By the way MFFL - I absolutely LOVED Cabin Boy. It's one of my all time favorite comedies. I also liked Crossroads starring Brittney Spears. Some friends and I played a drinking game where the rules stated that every time something stupid occured in the movie, everyone drinks. Needless to say, I almost pickled my liver that night.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 03:18 PM   #32
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

maid in manhatten, it wasnt the move that was so bad, as much as the person...but still it was the worst time of my life, boring as hell.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:26 PM   #33
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

You people haven't seen enough movies. I still challenge you to sit through Hardware. Or Jaque Tati's "Mr. Hulot's Holiday".
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 03:29 PM   #34
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Triple X and all useless "Roadtrip ..." and alike.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:32 PM   #35
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Road Trip was awesome, any movie with Sean William Scott is awesome.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:42 PM   #36
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Darkness Falls. If you ever want to see a "horror film" that will make you laugh, this is for you.

And as for bad acting, I'm still plumping for Ben Affleck and Alec Baldwin in "Pearl Harbor". Actually, I'd put the movie itself on my top 10 bad movie list, just for the incredible cheese/predictability/wooden acting factors alone.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Kazaam! Or is it that no one has seen it? Better yet, will no one admit to having seen it?

Old 07-31-2003, 03:48 PM   #37
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

It's tough to choose just one, there's been so many bad flicks:

My Private Idaho
Vanilla Sky
Dude Where's My Car
Escanaba in Da Moonlight
Rules of Attraction

The list could continue forever...each of them being unbelieveable horrible in their own ways.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 03:52 PM   #38
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

"dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?"

comedy grateness
Old 07-31-2003, 04:00 PM   #39
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
"dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?" "dude, where's my car?" "where's your car, dude?"

comedy grateness

no, no, no...you're forgetting about Freddy Got Fingered! Now that's comedic genius!!!

AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 04:01 PM   #40
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

My nominees:

Gosford Park

Drop Dead Gorgeous

I Spy