Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Celtics come to terms with former Heat forward James Posey

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

I really like what this team is doing. I feel they are close to have bought them self a title, like the Heat did against us. They must watch and be careful of the injury bug but now, not only can they score with Allen, Garnett, Pierce, House they bring in a banger bruiser Pollard and now a lock down defensive man in Posey that can also make a three point shot.

This team goes to almost last place in the east, with then Allen to just make the playoffs, then to Garnett with a top 1 to 4 finish in the east and now to bench guys that brings them from 1 to 2 in the east. I ask myself, why Ainge didn't do this many moons ago but maybe just now he had the younger talent to move for all these stars.

Losers in the east are Miami that just is standing still but Riley now claims PJ Brown might sign with them. Yes, this would help them and have a huge back line with Shaq, Mourning and Posey. Payton is going to leave and Cleveland needs to pick him up. Cleveand has stood still and done nothing. They are a loser in what they have done. Detroit has done good picking up some good young point guards. They have done bad, not getting a man to slow Lebron down. This has been one team Lebron has single handedly destroyed. Usually one man can't beat a team and a good defensive team but Lebron has beat them. I am not sure if Detroit has picked up a Lebron stopper or one to help slow him but i don't think they have. Posey would have been great for this. Celts get him. Detroit needs to sign Webber but we are after him.

The Bulls have improved and yes they lose Brown but they sign more huge back line players that are good. They must mix this young talent with vets. Detroit, Celts, and Boston should be a knock down drag out next year and very good basketball. Miami is playing from behind and even Cleveland is. Get Lebron a point guard. Both Miami and the Cavs are dangerous but both have weak spots and need to go deeper. I like Chicago and the Celts but i could be wrong because i liked Chicago last year and they petered out and Cleveland was the better team.

I also feel the Celts and Bulls are good enough to win a title. Detroit could but they are getting older and these point guards must age fast and do really good, if they was to be able to. To help back up Billups. We need a Webber or Brown and us and the Spurs are a knock down drag out series. Both so good with Houston having an outside shot but Houston has improved and is dangerous. Denver is always a ? mark and Phx besides needing PJ Bown just needs a deeper bench but they are dangerous untill they meet the Spurs.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I meant to say back line of Shaq, Morning and Brown.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

why isn't this with the other thread on posey Damnit. Too many f*cking threads.

Last edited by MavsX; 08-26-2007 at 04:28 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Because since he wasn't a Maverick yet it's "other" NBA team news. If we put every "potential" maverick in the maverick forum it would overload.

So does this mean our chances of getting webber have increased a lot?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Because since he wasn't a Maverick yet it's "other" NBA team news. If we put every "potential" maverick in the maverick forum it would overload.

So does this mean our chances of getting webber have increased a lot?

well now we have a shit-ton of threads with like 4 replies in them. Makes them worthless. I am just trying to cut the fat.

I am just saying..i mean the dude has started 110 freaking threads so with his 574 posts, thats 1 in 5 is a new thread. WTF

41 you have started on 72, out of 4,000+ posts...nothing wrong with that.

i have started 37 out of 2500 posts....again, nothing wrong with mine....so i mean..come on..im just talking about all these useless threads people are starting.

Last edited by MavsX; 08-27-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

really? I'm over here complaining how there isn't enough threads... lol

on the topic of Posey, what a sign by Boston--they are not that thin FYI

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
really? I'm over here complaining how there isn't enough threads... lol

on the topic of Posey, what a sign by Boston--they are not that thin FYI
boo! what are you kidding? I mean all the forums, mavs only area and political is always full of crap.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, they got him for only 3M+?? I think his market value was definitely higher than that. Great signing the the Cs who are suddenly putting a lot of great complimentary pieces together...
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #9
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

the celtics keep getting better and better...
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:04 AM   #10
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

they should bring back antoine walker right antoine walker?

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 12:06 AM   #11
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

What a deal.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #12
alby
Guru

yup, makes you a little more upset about the fact that dallas can't lure these mid level free agents

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 AM   #13
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Because we're not the ones with KG.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 08-28-2007, 12:15 AM   #14
alby
Guru

we've always been consistent 55+ game winners
nba championship appearance
nba mvp player
great fans

there's got to be a reason...

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #15
ty
Diamond Member

At least we're still the deepest team in the NBA......from 2007.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:01 AM   #16
alby
Guru

=\

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 01:02 AM   #17
ty
Diamond Member

=/ is right.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:35 AM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
we've always been consistent 55+ game winners
nba championship appearance
nba mvp player
great fans

there's got to be a reason...

Great fans? I hope this board doesn't equate into that statement... Also, do the coke & boob-job crowd in the front section of every game equate into this statement?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-28-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #19
alby
Guru

yes that definitely plays a role

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #20
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
they should bring back antoine walker right antoine walker?
you read my mind.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #21
alby
Guru

what are you doing nowadays

are you still on the heat?
and buying all new things?

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #22
ty
Diamond Member

Reunion Rowdies >>> ManiAACs

Old 08-28-2007, 03:14 PM   #23
alby
Guru

ManiAACs have gotten old, we need something new Cuban

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #24
ty
Diamond Member

Re-open Reunion.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #25
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I do not blame Posey and everyone in the nba to say please trade me to the Celts now. Like someone stated, they got Allen and KG, so it will be many wanting to play in Boston now. They have some great, great offense and only question is when a team like the Spurs make them play ugly and a defensive game, can the Celts play defense against the Spurs? When you play the Spurs, you do not get to play regular basketball as it is a brutal game and series. They are more of a throw back to the old Celts, Lakers, Bulls, and Pistons.

With the Posey signing, this helps with Lebron and also with the elite teams. Posey was not easy on us in the playoffs. They signed Pollard and i am not sure how much he has left but he is a bruiser. I am shocked Reggie Miller did not come back but i guess he is comphy in his life now. I wouldn't be surprised if PJ Brown, Webber and others are saying please Danny Ainge, sign me to. They must be careful of injury and in the east, they will be beat up on some also and teams will try to physical them. Miami, Detroit and Chicago. The Nets are not that far away from making a lil noise. Orlando is comming on. Cleveland needs Mike Bibby.

This really helps the Celts but it will be brutal all year long in the east. I do feel, if most stay healthy and especially KG, they can win a title now just as good as anyone.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:37 PM   #26
antoinewalker
Golden Member

Quote:
what are you doing nowadays

are you still on the heat?
and buying all new things?
i've been trying to replace all the stuff that was robbed from me.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #27
alby
Guru

If the nets can somehow get jermaine, they can compete with Boston

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
i've been trying to replace all the stuff that was robbed from me.
Its hard earning your dignity back after being the first player in a decade to shoot 4 threes a game when only shooting them at 27.5%

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-28-2007 at 07:59 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #29
alby
Guru

he shoots 27 percent?

dang thats a lot better than I thought

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #30
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

If the Net's get Jermaine wow what a battle in the east would be. Indiana is one of the teams that has sit and got worse. I know Jermaine is still young and plays for a great club and management but they always come up short. If i was him, i would want out and go to a team that could win it all. I don't think Indiana can now. They have gone backwards.

If Bird ever let's him go, Indiana better get a boat load for him or Indiana could be the Boston Celtics of the last 10 years are so. I truely believe Bird can get a boat load for him. He is really good and one of those players that is about unstoppable. I am getting excitted about nba now for next season as it is going to be some good teams. Give us Webber and maybe another minor player and let's take our chances. I won't complain if we get PJ Brown either. I feel we can compete with anyone with one more big man(that has some offense). The Spurs and Mavs are going to be very good next year in the west.

The Suns and Heat are now begging daily for PJ Brown. Phx has left one spot open for him. Yes it helps Phx but still not good enough to put them past the Spurs, plus they lost some minor players. The Heat is also banking on Brown. Riley is trying to put together a monster back line.

Brown is doing what he does best, stall and play all these teams saying, i am not sure, i might retire. He want's those dollar signs to keep ringing up. Highest bidder get's me. He is in a win/win situation for money and regardless he will play for a good team. Orlando and Dallas want's him also.

I say Brown and Webber play next year, but where? Either one put's us in a dead heat with the Spurs or maybe us a tad ahead. Regardless, it is some really good teams next year.