Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #2001
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is Finals MVP. I can't get over that.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #2002
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Me neither...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #2003
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3rded.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #2004
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

I loved this video, sorry if it has already been posted but damn... Dirk's game is just beautiful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE6J9...eature=related
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #2005
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

One word:

Redemption.

That is all, my fellow MFFLs.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #2006
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

You know what makes this so goddamn sweet?

The year the Spurs, the Celtics and the Lakers get put down, and the media and the nation are ready to hand it to the Heat, the Bulls and the Thunder... the forgotten boys, the never beens, the almost had its, the MAVERICKS come up.

The year people are looking for the next icon: Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, LeBron James... and ready to put this old generation to rest. People are ready to take TD out to the pasture, KG is one good game and dead the next and everybody, even Laker fans, are acknowledging Kobe has no lift... Dirk averages 11 points in the 4th quarter and is the Finals MVP.

This German is LEGEND. He has talent and skill and size, yes, but his heart and work ethic. Unstoppable.

YOU'RE A FREAKY FREAK, DIRK.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #2007
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Dirk Dirk Dirk ...

What can one say but simply, DIRK.

Congrats and a HUGE thank you from all Mavericks fans.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #2008
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post

If i would ever turn gay...it would be for this man...this beast...this half-god!
One last motherf*cking BUMP!

Thinking about a Dirk tattoo right now...prolly a bad idea
Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #2009
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

damn this one gets better now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mx8B4zruZo

Last edited by Dan1; 06-13-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #2010
MavsRChamps

MavsRChamps will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

About 13 years ago, I was pretty mad at Dirk for leaving Germany after he and his Würzburg team won the 2. Bundesliga title, promoting the club to the 1. Bundesliga (top german basketball league). Would've loved to see the man play against my team (ironically, we had LeBrons former Akron teammates Dru Joyce and Romeo Travis on our roster two years ago).

I would've loved to see that. But hell, he's way too good for this. 2011 Dirk was far better than 2006 Dirk. He's developed some really nice inside game, some decent post moves...and I was like "WTF, the man can play in the paint like this...holy sh.t!".

Just WOW! What a run...what a career....

Last edited by MavsRChamps; 06-13-2011 at 03:42 PM.
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #2011
salva41

salva41 is on a distinguished road

Hej,

I surfed the web for hours, days, months and years about dirk and the mavs. There is so much nice stuff arround but one video/song (even professional one) which ranks absololut on my top favorits, is quite unknown.
Since I am so unbelievable stunned and happy right now, I feel like sharing this with you Dirk / mavs fans, I promise you will love it !!!!

Song name: "DFW Digs Dirk" by Ben Rogers
Produced by The Axis (Cho & Milad)
Featuring the Dallas String Quartet

YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoqYFeSpWro

Best Regards
salva41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #2012
DIRK LEGIONS

DIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hakmj...layer_embedded
DIRK LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #2013
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

So... I wonder how many seconds it will take after Dirk retires for the Statue to be up?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #2014
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Why does he have to be retired? Erect that statue now!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #2015
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Already done.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 06-13-2011 at 10:43 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #2016
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk has said for years that he's accomplished everything else in this league and has money, and all that's left for him was winning a championship. Now he's accomplished his dream, winning the championship for the city of Dallas and also winning the Finals MVP award.

Is there anything else left for him? Breaking scoring records maybe? Or are there no other challenges left out there? You think perhaps he set a new goal to win multiple championships now?

Are there any more major accomplishments we can look forward to him reaching in the upcoming years?
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #2017
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
Dirk has said for years that he's accomplished everything else in this league and has money, and all that's left for him was winning a championship. Now he's accomplished his dream, winning the championship for the city of Dallas and also winning the Finals MVP award.

Is there anything else left for him? Breaking scoring records maybe? Or are there no other challenges left out there? You think perhaps he set a new goal to win multiple championships now?

Are there any more major accomplishments we can look forward to him reaching in the upcoming years?
He should marry that hottie Swedish princess and make beautiful babies...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #2018
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq and MJ are in some nice company these days:

Most Points Per 4th Quarter
NBA Finals Past 20 Seasons
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3
1993 Michael Jordan 10.3
>> From Elias Sports Bureau
Old 06-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #2019
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

I love that we wear all black to close out games because all black is what you wear to a funeral.

Most badass team ever.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #2020
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
I love that we wear all black to close out games because all black is what you wear to a funeral.

Most badass team ever.
from now on, that's my ritual when the mavs play in a closeout playoff game. in fact, if it's a home game, we should have a "blackout" and they should give out black mavs shirts, lol
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:37 AM   #2021
MavsRChamps

MavsRChamps will become famous soon enough
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
Don't worry. He's a competitor and he'll sure as hell go for a repeat. Cuz doing it twice is that much better than doing it once. And he's in his prime. Biggest problem is that this team is pretty old and needs some fresh blood added to the roster.
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #2022
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
Already done.
You could shop Liberty Dirk on my tank
Old 06-14-2011, 04:44 AM   #2023
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ce7...1/be-like-dirk
Old 06-14-2011, 05:19 AM   #2024
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post
One word:

Redemption.

That is all, my fellow MFFLs.
I would rather use the term vindication.

help me fight cancer. click on the link above
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:06 AM   #2025
dcrabb

dcrabb is on a distinguished road
Default Great Deals on Mavericks Gear

Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions Gear
http://bit.ly/mHvtwB
dcrabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:08 AM   #2026
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Well I'm not sure about the statue part.....but the erection is no problem...
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #2027
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Just in case anyone missed it....DIRK RULES!
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #2028
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Only fitting.

Dirk Nowitzki DETHRONES LeBron in Cleveland Beef

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/13/dirk-n...ck-miami-heat/

Quote:
Talk about adding insult to injury -- a day after LeBron James' dreams were dashed to pieces, one of the biggest delis in Cleveland renamed its famous "King" sandwich ... after Mavs star Dirk Nowitzki.

TMZ spoke with Earl Stein -- the co-owner of Corky and Lenny's in Cleveland -- and he tells us, the deli redubbed the $10.50 sandwich in honor of Dallas' victory over Miami Sunday night.

What was once the "King Size Corned Beef Sandwich" is now the "The Dirk Nowitzki Corned Beef Sandwich."

We haven't tasted it ourselves -- but it looks delicious ... and probably goes real well with an ice cold can of spite.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #2029
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Ohio = epic schadenfreude.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #2030
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Ohio = epic schadenfreude.
What else do they have to be excited about?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #2031
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
You know what makes this so goddamn sweet?

The year the Spurs, the Celtics and the Lakers get put down, and....
....and Dirk had the last laugh. Dirk's championship will be the "freshest".

And what makes it even more impressive ?

This:

Some of them will become HOF's and all time greats. And Dirk beat em all.

Duncan faced NJN and CLE in the finals. Just to put it into perspective.

Last edited by markus1234; 06-14-2011 at 11:29 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #2032
Dirkules41

Dirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the rough

NBA on ESPN asked on Facebook if Dirk is a Top 10 all time great. Seems like there are many haters who think hes not even Top 100...

I would say hes not Top 10, but Top 20 for sure!
Dirkules41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #2033
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkules41 View Post
NBA on ESPN asked on Facebook if Dirk is a Top 10 all time great. Seems like there are many haters who think hes not even Top 100...

Look at what the the man has done and just ponder on it. He's a top 10.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #2034
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkules41 View Post

BTW I need some help there

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6660685

markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #2035
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I love Dirk more than anyone...but he isn't Top 10...YET. Another ring and a few more All-NBA seasons, and he has a real argument. However, he definitely is Top 25 now, and I'd argue Top 15 myself.

I laugh when clueless asshats like Wilbon are like "you can't throw him as better than guys like McHale" lmao.

McHale isn't even in the discussion! McHale had a great prime, but it was incredibly short. McHale doesn't touch TD-Dirk-Barkley-Malone-KG.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #2036
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I love Dirk more than anyone...but he isn't Top 10...YET. Another ring and a few more All-NBA seasons, and he has a real argument. However, he definitely is Top 25 now, and I'd argue Top 15 myself.

I laugh when clueless asshats like Wilbon are like "you can't throw him as better than guys like McHale" lmao.

McHale isn't even in the discussion! McHale had a great prime, but it was incredibly short. McHale doesn't touch TD-Dirk-Barkley-Malone-KG.
Pretty much this.

Dirk is probably top 20 right now and will be top 15 with 3-4 more years of solid numbers in the regular season and the playoffs. He needs to start moving up the statistic lists, if he can't win another ring.

edit: "omg I just typed ANOTHER ring. That felt amazing".

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 06-14-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #2037
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
BTW I need some help there

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6660685

I like this comment from 'Curvature JR':

Quote:
all-time PF? Dude named Karl Malone woulda eaten his lunch...
Someone needs to tell Mr. Curvature that the hypothetical ("woulda") matchup is unnecessary.

Dirk - 1
Karl Malone - 0
Old 06-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #2038
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

^^Yeah, that same bozo apparently doesn't realize that young Dirk smoked KG.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #2039
Arayo
Banned

Arayo is infamous around these parts

Haha check out this hipster Dirk!!!
http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/0...irk-is-so-alt/

Zach Nims
Also if you have time help a mavs fan win a commercial contest just click on the link below and give it a thumbs up if you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuRos...el_video_title
Arayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #2040
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Pretty much this.

Dirk is probably top 20 right now and will be top 15 with 3-4 more years of solid numbers in the regular season and the playoffs. He needs to start moving up the statistic lists, if he can't win another ring.

edit: "omg I just typed ANOTHER ring. That felt amazing".
The arguments will get really interesting if Dirk keeps this up for a few more years. He has a realistic shot at of being in the top 5 all-time in scoring, and reaching 30,000 career points. I guess doing that didn't really help Karl Malone, but it would be a lot harder to ignore now that Dirk has a ring (you're right that does feel awesome to type ). If Dirk got another ring, his profile would be a lot like Hakeem's: really good for a long time, and 2 rings playing with a bunch of role players (assuming Dallas doesn't pick up another star).
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer