Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #81
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the live stream will be working today for you guys! Be sure to listen and call in! We've got lots of good stuff on tap for today.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #82
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you listened live, error on the production part at the station leaves today's episode lost in the ether...no podcast.

Hard to debate between today's show being great or greatest episode known to mankind, we'll never know....but it was pretty darn good.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #83
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Hope you listened live, error on the production part at the station leaves today's episode lost in the ether...no podcast.

Hard to debate between today's show being great or greatest episode known to mankind, we'll never know....but it was pretty darn good.
dang it

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #84
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
dang it
co-sign
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #85
BGMaverick9
Guru

E3 is today, you better listen or you will die*.
Well...we have good stuff for today and lots of audio goodies.

*death is inevitable and may or may not be induced by listening to the broadcast. If pregnant or breast feeding, please ask a health professional before listening.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #86
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Just don't screw up the podcast this time.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #87
BGMaverick9
Guru

That's my engineers problem lol. I made sure he knew it was his problem too
Old 11-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #88
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Get that new episode up for download!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #89
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Get that new episode up for download!
THIS!!! ASAP!

Old 11-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #90
BGMaverick9
Guru

I had a power outage to deal with the past two days, birthday present back to me with it getting fixed.

It's up and running, and now I am working on getting the podcast up. Thiggy, I know you talked about the edits with music...I'll look into it but not this week, just wanna get this on the net since it's been delayed.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #91
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, I wouldn't even bother with the edits if I'm the only one that's bothered by the music. Was just providing some feedback.

Looking forward to listening to it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-03-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #92
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I had a power outage to deal with the past two days, birthday present back to me with it getting fixed.

It's up and running, and now I am working on getting the podcast up. Thiggy, I know you talked about the edits with music...I'll look into it but not this week, just wanna get this on the net since it's been delayed.
Sorry to hear about your power outage...do you think the podcast will be uploaded today?

Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #93
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your power outage...do you think the podcast will be uploaded today?
It should be up within the next 10-15 minutes!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #94
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
It should be up within the next 10-15 minutes!
Well then stop responding to my posts and get to urging that computer to uploading!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #95
BGMaverick9
Guru

http://ballinwithbryan.podomatic.com/

download away!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #96
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Dude, I wouldn't even bother with the edits if I'm the only one that's bothered by the music. Was just providing some feedback.

Looking forward to listening to it.
Me too(still downloading). And you're not the only one.

--

Luckily I'm mostly on board with your(BG) choice of music, but I'd prefer a podcast without long music-breaks too. That's still only two, don't know if that's worth the extra effort to you. But I am wondering if it's even legal to put songs in the context of a radio show up for download, don't think it would be over here in Germany, but I'm not sure.

Generally speaking, I think it's great that you made it a Mavs-related podcast for the season, and now having Rhylan with you seemingly every time loosens the whole thing up and makes listening even more enjoyable. Bravo!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #97
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
Me too(still downloading). And you're not the only one.

--

Luckily I'm mostly on board with your(BG) choice of music, but I'd prefer a podcast without long music-breaks too. That's still only two, don't know if that's worth the extra effort to you. But I am wondering if it's even legal to put songs in the context of a radio show up for download, don't think it would be over here in Germany, but I'm not sure.

Generally speaking, I think it's great that you made it a Mavs-related podcast for the season, and now having Rhylan with you seemingly every time loosens the whole thing up and makes listening even more enjoyable. Bravo!
Like I said earlier, I'll have to look into the logistics of actually editing out all of the breaks. I'm using a free program to edit and it does cause some crackle noises to the end result and I don't want to mess around with that TOO much. If anyone has good suggestions for programs that are top notch...please let me know.

Also...we're always open to suggestions for topics to discuss. You're listening, you aren't calling (yet! but I know you guys will soon ) so let us know what you want to hear.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #98
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I have two suggestions that aren't related to content:

1. You need to get your podcast listed on itunes. I would estimate that most podcasts get more than 90% of their downloads from itunes, and people will stumble onto your show just by searching for Mavericks.

2. I think it's unlikely you're ever going to get much call-in participation at the time of your live broadcast, so I think as your podcast downloads start to increase (and I bet they will if you get on itunes) you should setup a show email address and pimp it regularly for questions during the show. Email questions is a good content generator.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #99
BGMaverick9
Guru

That is something me and Rhylan have discussed...we just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #100
BGMaverick9
Guru

We have more audio delights on tap for today's show. Cowboy fans, you're really running out of excuses...come join the Mavericks fandom. It's still early enough in the season to jump in while the water is warm!

Abbreviated show today, 3-430!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #101
mavErika
Golden Member

Quote:
We have more audio delights on tap for today's show. Cowboy fans, you're really running out of excuses...come join the Mavericks fandom. It's still early enough in the season to jump in while the water is warm!

Abbreviated show today, 3-430!
So you can be there for tonight's pregame presser? Good, let us know what RC has to say!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #102
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
So you can be there for tonight's pregame presser? Good, let us know what RC has to say!
Yeah, I'm leaving a little early to make sure I don't hit traffic and miss what RC has to say pregame.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #103
BGMaverick9
Guru

Show won't be up until late afternoon tomorrow because FBRN is lame...
Old 11-09-2010, 12:29 AM   #104
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Show won't be up until late afternoon tomorrow because FBRN is lame...
Double lame.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #105
BGMaverick9
Guru

http://ballinwithbryan.podomatic.com/

There were mic/technical difficulties, so we apologize for any inconvenience that may bring to the podcast.

It's a 90-minute episode of Mavericks Outsider Report, but there is still plenty of Mavericks information and plenty of audio delights! Here is what we discussed:

Recapping Denver x2 - Intro
Monday Match-Up with Boston - 13:25
Turnover Plague - 27:11
Rhylan's NBA Nuggets - 41:27
Preview Next Week's Slate - 1:00:45
Ask the Hosts - 1:15:04

Whenever I get time, I'll set up an email account for you guys for "Ask the Hosts." For now, just send me whatever questions you want to ask via PM.

Thanks and ENJOY!
Old 11-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #106
sike
The Preacha

After listening, I've gotta say yall's chemistry is getting way better and I love the addition of the new segments.

Enjoyed Rhylan's NBA Bag...or whatever that segment was called.

Also enjoyed hearing you guys answer questions. I know this forum will step up and keep The Outsider well stocked with all kinds of good thought provoking and discussion worthy questions.

I'd also like to give Rhylan props for calling for Stevenson to get some burn. (Only to have RC start him that night.)

I'm really starting to look forward to the Outsider on Mondays...I'm not sure if this is mostly a compliment to yall's high quality of Hoop Chatting Skills or a comment on my own insane levels of Mavs' nerdom, but it sure is cool to have a Mavs only show put on by some our best DM boys.

Keep it up!

Old 11-10-2010, 01:49 AM   #107
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
After listening, I've gotta say yall's chemistry is getting way better and I love the addition of the new segments.

Enjoyed Rhylan's NBA Bag...or whatever that segment was called.

Also enjoyed hearing you guys answer questions. I know this forum will step up and keep The Outsider well stocked with all kinds of good thought provoking and discussion worthy questions.

I'd also like to give Rhylan props for calling for Stevenson to get some burn. (Only to have RC start him that night.)

I'm really starting to look forward to the Outsider on Mondays...I'm not sure if this is mostly a compliment to yall's high quality of Hoop Chatting Skills or a comment on my own insane levels of Mavs' nerdom, but it sure is cool to have a Mavs only show put on by some our best DM boys.

Keep it up!
Thanks sike!

I texted Rhylan at the game and told him that he NAILED it with Stevenson haha, awesome. He's always digging around looking for good NBA Nuggets and you know if it's out there, he'll find them.

Everyone, bring on the questions...we ain't scared! The show is still learning how to walk...eventually, we will crush.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #108
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Thanks sike!

I texted Rhylan at the game and told him that he NAILED it with Stevenson haha, awesome. He's always digging around looking for good NBA Nuggets and you know if it's out there, he'll find them.

Everyone, bring on the questions...we ain't scared! The show is still learning how to walk...eventually, we will crush.
Hey bro, you can totally hear you ask Carlisle that Stevenson question on the mavs post game show on UPN. Pretty cool.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #109
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Hey bro, you can totally hear you ask Carlisle that Stevenson question on the mavs post game show on UPN. Pretty cool.
Nice! I got that one and another asking about the final lineup in the game that eventually led to finding out about Butler's back spasms.

It's not easy getting questions in there and in the locker room, gotta fight for them haha.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #110
BGMaverick9
Guru

Just a heads up for tomorrow, here are some tidbits to look forward to

-We're breaking down the pros and cons of the lineups we've seen early in the season, who fits and who doesn't.
-Recapping last week's games and looking ahead to this week (with a heavier preview for the big games against New Orleans)
- The Good, The Bad and the Ugly: this week it's Dirk Nowitzki

that, more and the Mystery Segment!
we've got email skillllllz now, so send in comments or questions for ask the hosts at
MavericksOutsiderReport@gmail.com
Old 11-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #111
sike
The Preacha

I haven't been able to listen live yet, I'm assuming its something on my end.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #112
BGMaverick9
Guru

Hmm, I've been checking at the studio a few minutes before going live and the feed has been working so that's weird.

A Utah Jazz Podcast is ranked 8th in the Sports Podcast, we are 38th. We need to show we're better than that!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #113
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

So, the show moved from Monday to Sunday ?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #114
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
So, the show moved from Monday to Sunday ?
No, it's still on Mondays.

It'll be another 90 minute show this week with the home game against New Orleans.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #115
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Listening right now for the first time. Great job, BG and Rhylan. Keep it up.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #116
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Hmm, I've been checking at the studio a few minutes before going live and the feed has been working so that's weird.

A Utah Jazz Podcast is ranked 8th in the Sports Podcast, we are 38th. We need to show we're better than that!
I know I've already mentioned this, but you've got to get on itunes.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #117
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I know I've already mentioned this, but you've got to get on itunes.
I know, we're working on it.
I would definitely be screwed if it wasn't for Rhylan...he's helping a lot with everything. Time is hard to come by with covering the games, articles on MMB (which everyone needs to go read and comment...PLEASE? ) and then my regular paying job.

All I can say is we're working on it.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #118
sike
The Preacha

Uhhh, hello?

Old 11-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #119
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I listened to about an hour live on Monday. Pretty good stuff, although it seemed like I came in on the tail end of a discussion that I would like to have heard completely. Waiting on the podcast.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #120
BGMaverick9
Guru

Sorry guys, I've been REALLLLLLY busy today.

Work and then went to Frisco to see the Texas Legends fan-jam. It was worth it, lots of good talking 1-on-1 with players and execs...like Del Harris and Donnie.

I'll TRY to have it up tonight.