Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #41
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
It's actually going to be DoJo's third season... and IMO he hasn't shown any skills that indicate that he's an NBA player.
He collects checks like an NBA player.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #42
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
It's actually going to be DoJo's third season... and IMO he hasn't shown any skills that indicate that he's an NBA player.
Idk, I'm not that down on him. He has shown flashes but more at the PG than SG. I liked some of the things he did with the penetration and he sees the floor fairly well, it's just his finishing isn't all that much better than kidds when he gets close.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #43
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

On a lighter note I arrange my business meeting to coincide with the Summer League in Vegas so i will be there, is anybody else attending?
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #44
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
On a lighter note I arrange my business meeting to coincide with the Summer League in Vegas so i will be there, is anybody else attending?
A lot of bloggers...(not me, tho)
Old 07-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #45
BGMaverick9
Guru

Love Carlisle. Sefko and I were talking to him after the media session was over and we were talking about getting the rookies on the fly training. He said he was looking forward to getting them out on the floor and seeing what they can do. We asked him if he thinks the rookies have any idea of the beating he's going to put them through on the floor with drills and repetition. He looked at us, smiled and said, "No."
Old 07-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #46
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Love Carlisle. Sefko and I were talking to him after the media session was over and we were talking about getting the rookies on the fly training. He said he was looking forward to getting them out on the floor and seeing what they can do. We asked him if he thinks the rookies have any idea of the beating he's going to put them through on the floor with drills and repetition. He looked at us, smiled and said, "No."
I'm a huge Carlisle fan. I don't think you'll find more than two or three coaches who are better. Between he and Dirk, I think this team will likely overachieve, regardless of who is on the roster. But I do believe those rookies are in good hands. If they are willing to work to get better, he'll make them better.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #47
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

A nice piece by EKS - Rookies hoping to begin youth movement in Big D. This last quote from Jae Crowder reminds me of something Tyson said once:

Quote:
“You can’t make the ball go in,” Crowder confessed, “but you can control how tough you play and how hard you play on the defensive end. So, that’s something that I hang my hat on for sure. … That’s something I’ve pretty much been doing my whole life. I feel like as a basketball player you can be able to do a lot of different things, and one thing that I have been able to do is guard a lot of different players. So, I just try to hang my hat on that and try to be tough-minded and get the job done by any means. That’s what I live by.”
Can't find the quote by Tyson now, but it was something along the lines of him having been told early in his career that offense comes and goes, but you never have to have a bad day on defense (because it is mostly just about effort, and you control that), and that thought having really defined his mindset as a defensive player. Here's to Crowder being Tyson 2.0 (different position, of course).
Old 07-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #48
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I really like what Crowder and James said about defense.

I do believe all 3 will have impacts next year. More than DoJo ever did in his first two years.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #49
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Where is our point guard from Greece and UF, Nick Calathes?? I thought he would be in summer league this year. If there is any year we need him, it's this one.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #50
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Yeah I really like what Crowder and James said about defense.

I do believe all 3 will have impacts next year. More than DoJo ever did in his first two years.
It always feels that way... I thought DoJo was going to be light years ahead of Mo Ager (I guess in some ways, he was), but in the end, rookies be rookies. Hopefully one or more of the 3 will prove me wrong.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #51
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Where is our point guard from Greece and UF, Nick Calathes?? I thought he would be in summer league this year. If there is any year we need him, it's this one.
He signed a deal in Russia. No NBA for him.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #52
BGMaverick9
Guru

Tweaks to the Roster:

Dojo, Cunningham, James and Crowder still on board. Here is the rest.

David Jelinek, Justin Dentmon, David Harrison, Booker Woodfox, Micah Downs, Chris Roberts, Keith Wright, Solomon Jones and Drew Gordon
Old 07-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #53
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

So no Dee Brown? Is there another tweak that I'm missing.

Btw, Gordon does have a shot, right? I realize he went undrafted but the Mavs kind of have a history of finding guys like that: Barea/Lin/Marquis Daniels
Old 07-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #54
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone has a shot at this point..

It hasn't been announced, but some of my contacts within the Make A Wish foundation have told me that the Mavs are going to try and grant the wishes to as many terminally ill young male adults that they can this year.. If your wish is just one chance to play alongside Dirk Nowitzki and you're dying, you're likely to find yourself in the Mavs starting lineup at some point this year.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-11-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #55
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

What's the word on Cunningham (hamstring)?
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I've heard he's demanding a trade to a competitive team.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #57
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I didn't exactly put two and two together when he was stretching on Monday night when I saw him, but it makes sense now.

I think the chances for him to actually play in the summer league is dwindling. They'll take the cautious approach. It's nothing major, but they want to make sure they don't skip steps in the process for these rookies so they want to integrate them their way.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:32 AM   #58
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Hopefully this year is different. Summer league for the Mavericks usually sucks. Since they barely have young players on their pro team, the Mavs usually get stuck with castaways. I know in 2010, the Sixers/Wizards pretty much fielded their starting 5 that year which made for cohesive play and good viewing.
This is the case for most summer league rosters
Old 07-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #59
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Justin Dentmon is one to keep an eye on, he is an NBA player
Old 07-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #60
Bayliss

Btw, it is some BULLSH*T that NBATV is not showing the Mavs game live but instead at 3 o'clock in the morning.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #61
BGMaverick9
Guru

https://account.nba.com/summerleaguebroadband
Old 07-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #62
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Rick Carlisle sighting sitting next to Kevin McHale on the broadcast of the Houston/Washington game...or was that Jim Carey? Either way, looking forward to first Mav game tomorrow evening.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #63
Bayliss

BG, it is still 5 bucks. Sorry but I aint going to pay 5 bucks to watch something that comes with my own damn cable.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #64
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
BG, it is still 5 bucks. Sorry but I aint going to pay 5 bucks to watch something that comes with my own damn cable.
Sweet.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #65
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

i want to see jae crowder but i have to pay $4.99
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #66
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
Or watch it on a delay.

Could be worse, could've been $15 when it originally came out.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-14-2012 at 10:47 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #67
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
Capitalism is a mofo, comrade...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #68
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I wish they still played summer games at SMU/TCU/Frisco. Those were really fun games to go to.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:13 AM   #69
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

You can watch it on firstrowsports...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #70
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Or watch it on a delay.

Could be worse, could've been $15 when it originally came out.
Thanks for this. I didn't know they dropped the price. I wasn't sure I wanted to spend $15, but $5 isn't bad at all.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #71
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

what time is the game today?
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #72
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
what time is the game today?
6pm ET. You can also check nba.com...

Last edited by Kante; 07-15-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #73
Kante
Diamond Member

Game about to start: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1307...mavericks.html
Old 07-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #74
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link!

Go Dojo.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #75
Kante
Diamond Member

First time i see either James or Crowder.

Crowder looks pretty good and quick out there.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #76
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

lol David Harrison with 5 fouls already
Old 07-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #77
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Crowder looks great on his off-the-dribble jumper, but has bricked two wide, wide open threes.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #78
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
First time i see either James or Crowder.

Crowder looks pretty good and quick out there.
Yeah, Crowder looks good. He's already created his own shot and converter a few times.
\
Dojo looks good so far too, he's finishing better.

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-15-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #79
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Crowder looks great on his off-the-dribble jumper, but has bricked two wide, wide open threes.
A true, true Marion backup!

Old 07-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #80
Kante
Diamond Member

For James, hmm... Let's see, so far not great!