Mavs win by 1-9 1 50.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10+ 0 0%
We all winners - shorter game without Harden free throws 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2021, 09:24 PM   #81
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Sad part is dude just had an 0/10 game not too long ago

Tonight he went 0/9

He's terrible yet some fans will try to hype him up to justify that trade.

I understand when he gets torched by Paul and Lillard but he got torched often by Wall tonight as well.
That trade does not need to be justified. It was an obvious move at the time. Hindsight is meaningless here.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2021, 09:25 PM   #82
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
You are so right. Mavs are terrible! Doncic is washed up and a loser and will leave anyway. All our supporting cast sucks. Might as well trade them all for scraps.
Come on now your putting words in my mouth

I never stated that one time tonight or any other night about Luka.

But your smart enough to realize that Richardson isn't helping with games like this every other night.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-07-2021 at 09:26 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:27 PM   #83
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_D_D View Post
There are so many arguments that could be made right now. But for devil's advocate sake I'll just say "a better coach would have had us more prepared for this game, and not suffer from a mental letdown against a clearly lesser opponent"
They are professional basketball players, not a high school team. They shouldn’t need to be motivated.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:27 PM   #84
FollowedKPtodallas

FollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I understand what you're saying but the truth is they've both been horrible this season.

KP is a MAX guy, we need him to play better than anyone on the roster not named Luka. He is having a decent game shooting-wise, but he's also a team-low -14 for a reason. He's not closing out and he's settling for garbage shots.
You know the gameplan is to leave John Wall open from 3 right?...like teams have his whole career. He just happened to hit 4 tonight with KP on the court. And defense wasn't the issue we gave up 102 pts. If we are gonna shoot 25% from 3 we will probably won't beat anyone.
FollowedKPtodallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:28 PM   #85
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
So the solution is to fire Rick in the midst of a playoff push?

No, not at all! I really do like Rick and think he's elite.

I don't know what the solution is, but I do think it involves limiting Richardson's minutes.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:29 PM   #86
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
They are professional basketball players, not a high school team. They shouldn’t need to be motivated.

Preparation is not the same thing as 'motivation'.

But they weren't prepared OR motivated.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:30 PM   #87
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again you are absolutely right. The Mavs suck. Just salt the earth and start over. Trade Luka to a winning team.

What do you think Luka would bring in a trade? ... Asking for a friend.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:30 PM   #88
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Quote:
Good teams lose games.

Go away with your "I told you Mavs are awful and should fire Rick" schtick.
Oh ya Erica?

First of all, you included quotations as if that's what I said... Is that what I said??

Mhmm thought so... That makes you look like a fuckin antagonistic shitbird.

I was simply challenging the people who like to talk shit to fellow mavs fans about Rick Carlisle. I think I have a very good and simple argument. And guess what? You obviously fall into that despicable category of "fans" who just talk shit to other fans. You literally quoted me with you own made up quotes. I'm a dallas mavericks fan and have been since I went to a game in 1999. That's all I care about. I have opinions. But I don't put down fellow fans. We are all here for one reason. Cuz we love the fucking mavs. We all have different opinions cuz we are unique fucking humans. But you and others just make yourselves feel good by bashing and talking shit about other people's opinions. And what you did with mine is just retarded. I posted a challenge. And you decided to create a quote for me lol. Hey Erica, I don't care how many posts you have or anything, you're a bitch. Gotta set some dumb asses straight here.

Most importantly.... Watch film and grow and Let's Go Mavs!!!
D_D_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:34 PM   #89
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Quote:

End of season would be fine. After the obligatory first-round playoff exit.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:34 PM   #90
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
There are so many arguments that could be made right now. But for devil's advocate sake I'll just say "a better coach would have had us more prepared for this game, and not suffer from a mental letdown against a clearly lesser opponent"
I'm not a big Rick fan when it comes to lineups at times

In fact all my arguments against Rick has always been with small ball.

But sometimes he just needs to recognize when a guy is hurting the team and that guy tonight was J.Rich IMO

Dude should not be playing 30 minutes a night when he's shooting 0/9 or 0/10 and can't stay in front of the opposing teams PG on defense.

Several times he got caught sleeping on back door court.

Yes he plays with intensity much like Patrick Beverly but he's also the same player as Pat Beverly on offense.

That to me is not a 30 minute per game player.

I hated the Redick trade but now I'm he needs to replace Richardson or cut into his minutes because dude shouldn't be having scoreless games as a starting SG.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:34 PM   #91
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Preparation is not the same thing as 'motivation'.

But they weren't prepared OR motivated.
He said “mental letdown against a lesser opponent” aka motivation. What specifically weren’t they prepared for?
Old 04-07-2021, 09:35 PM   #92
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, not at all! I really do like Rick and think he's elite.

I don't know what the solution is, but I do think it involves limiting Richardson's minutes.
Well I won't argue there. He's been the biggest disappointment for me of the guys on the roster. But also who takes his minutes? Kleber was out, Burke was out, and Green's couldn't find his offense if it hit him in the face. With the mins everyone got Tyler Bey or Hinton would have had to get those minutes and I just haven't seen either of them do anything noteworthy to warrant minutes.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:38 PM   #93
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Quote:
You are so right. Mavs are terrible! Doncic is washed up and a loser and will leave anyway. All our supporting cast sucks. Might as well trade them all for scraps.
LOL EricaLubarsky you're such a fucking pathetic hypocrite. You post this shit against other (rightfully) upset mavs fans and like he said, you totally just spoke for him. Just like you did to me. And I have seen you bitch about losses and the Mavs and players SOOOOOOO many times over the years. God damn you are so pathetic. I'll stand up for this dude here. And me and anyone. You act like a child. Grow up and just be an adult mavericks fan (if you are one) and agree to disagree with people's opinions. Like I KEEP SAYING... WE ARE ALL MAVERICKS FANS HERE!!! WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING!!! so stfu. *Extends hand to rejoin us all as a great mavs fan!*
D_D_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:40 PM   #94
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL EricaLubarsky you're such a fucking pathetic hypocrite. You post this shit against other (rightfully) upset mavs fans and like he said, you totally just spoke for him. Just like you did to me. And I have seen you bitch about losses and the Mavs and players SOOOOOOO many times over the years. God damn you are so pathetic. I'll stand up for this dude here. And me and anyone. You act like a child. Grow up and just be an adult mavericks fan (if you are one) and agree to disagree with people's opinions.
Thanks, man. I appreciate the supportive words. I love you too!

Go Mavs!

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-07-2021 at 09:43 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:58 PM   #95
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol what a ridiculous response.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:05 PM   #96
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know the solution here, and I don’t think firing Rick would help unless Luka had someone else in mind. But it feels like we are in the hole every year. Players aren’t good enough and it’s a mix of reasons why. Luka covers up a lot of this teams flaws but I seriously hope they take a hard look in the off-season on getting bonafide starters.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:35 PM   #97
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Lol what a ridiculous response.
Yeah I never said any of that stuff

I just voiced my frustration with the team losing to the worst team in the NBA

Not sure why she decided to change up my words.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:37 PM   #98
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh ya Erica?

First of all, you included quotations as if that's what I said... Is that what I said??

Mhmm thought so... That makes you look like a fuckin antagonistic shitbird.

I was simply challenging the people who like to talk shit to fellow mavs fans about Rick Carlisle. I think I have a very good and simple argument. And guess what? You obviously fall into that despicable category of "fans" who just talk shit to other fans. You literally quoted me with you own made up quotes. I'm a dallas mavericks fan and have been since I went to a game in 1999. That's all I care about. I have opinions. But I don't put down fellow fans. We are all here for one reason. Cuz we love the fucking mavs. We all have different opinions cuz we are unique fucking humans. But you and others just make yourselves feel good by bashing and talking shit about other people's opinions. And what you did with mine is just retarded. I posted a challenge. And you decided to create a quote for me lol. Hey Erica, I don't care how many posts you have or anything, you're a bitch. Gotta set some dumb asses straight here.

Most importantly.... Watch film and grow and Let's Go Mavs!!!
The quote was likely a response to literal every day talk of firing Rick. After wins people call to fire Rick. When Mosley(who is the coach of the defense people complain over) coached one game against the Knicks ppl praised the shit out of him and said see this is why we need to fire Rick.

After every game win or loss for 3 weeks I believe, it's been one or multiples of- fire Rick, redick trade was awful, we should have traded for x player, should have traded richardson, should have traded bruson, should have traded kleber, why are we resting players(turned out they were not just resting and actually had minor injuries), etc

It has been asked more than once to name the coach that makes this team magically turn Richardson into a starting player for a contender, or to make KP suddenly be a + defender again or just out coach a guy who is widely considered a top coach. No name has ever been brought up for discussion from what I've seen.

It's also been asked what trade could have upgraded the mavs and what package would we have given up and nothing from what I've seen has ever been posted. Just standard we didn't get fournier or Gordon despite our limited assets and other teams having better packages.

So if you are going to "challenge" posters who made snide comments about firing rick after a win to state their opinions now after this loss then you have to realize the only reason those comments existed to begin with is because of the seemingly nonstop complaining without the requested input for coming up on a month now. I mean if the argument is "I was giving my opinion"... then give a name or a trade deal to discuss because this is a forum. The nonstop complaints do nothing without something to discuss.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:55 PM   #99
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Anyone else noticed that the Mavs are very much like the Cowboys.

You get excited about their potential and they set you up with a big flop.

The Cowboys have been a tease for years now all hype no substance...

Can you look like world beaters one week and choke artist the next.

This game tonight was typical Mavs fashion just too much inconsistency with this team.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-07-2021 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:59 AM   #100
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Carlisle can only do so much when Luka plays like flaming dog crap. It's a rare occasion, but when it happens, we are not going to win a whole lot of those games.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:39 AM   #101
D_D_D

Talking

Quote:
Quote:
The quote was likely a response to literal every day talk of firing Rick. After wins people call to fire Rick. When Mosley(who is the coach of the defense people complain over) coached one game against the Knicks ppl praised the shit out of him and said see this is why we need to fire Rick.

After every game win or loss for 3 weeks I believe, it's been one or multiples of- fire Rick, redick trade was awful, we should have traded for x player, should have traded richardson, should have traded bruson, should have traded kleber, why are we resting players(turned out they were not just resting and actually had minor injuries), etc

It has been asked more than once to name the coach that makes this team magically turn Richardson into a starting player for a contender, or to make KP suddenly be a + defender again or just out coach a guy who is widely considered a top coach. No name has ever been brought up for discussion from what I've seen.

It's also been asked what trade could have upgraded the mavs and what package would we have given up and nothing from what I've seen has ever been posted. Just standard we didn't get fournier or Gordon despite our limited assets and other teams having better packages.

So if you are going to "challenge" posters who made snide comments about firing rick after a win to state their opinions now after this loss then you have to realize the only reason those comments existed to begin with is because of the seemingly nonstop complaining without the requested input for coming up on a month now. I mean if the argument is "I was giving my opinion"... then give a name or a trade deal to discuss because this is a forum. The nonstop complaints do nothing without something to discuss.
Hey there Bryan Wilson... I've always been just a ,"reader" or "peruser'" of the forum honestly. And I've actually always liked most of your commentary. I 100% get your point about this shit. As for me, I of course have my own opinions. Just like you! And every single person who posts, reads, or knows nothing if this board! I don't busy / bother myself with reading every single thing in this damn forum, so I don't know about everyone's opinion or even the popular or unpopular opinion. I didn't align myself with anyone at all when I tried to "objectively" challenge the people who took it upon themselves to only post to basically be shitheads. And of course I haven't seen anything from them yet. I.e. Spiralgoesdown or whatever his name is.
Anyways no beef with you Bryan. Take care

Erica.. lol.. I love you too! I hope you've thought about how to treat your fellow die hard mavs fans. We all have different opinions okay? Love ya bud!

All that matters on this forum everyone. . . . . .

GO DALLAS MAVERICKS !! !! !!
Old 04-08-2021, 07:15 AM   #102
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

I see it this way. Its better to win vs the best team in the nba in a convincing fasion and loose vs a bad Team, than vis a versa. Its never good to loose vs a bad Team but the win vs utah gives me more hope, than a loss vs houston drags me down.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:19 AM   #103
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/sta...705729537?s=19

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:49 AM   #104
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I personally see this as more of an indictment on Luka or Brunson or Jrich or THJ... the guards need to be a lot more aware of KP's existence, especially closing out halves. It always seems like he's just there to screen for them to go 1 on 1. He gets ignored way too often it seems.

Worth a note is KP was -19 last night, the worst Mav on the floor. He plays a lot with Brunson or THJ and they were +3 and -7 so him being -19 is pretty astounding. Id have to re-watch to see who he was on the floor with though last night and I'm just not willing to subject myself to that kind of punishment.

Edit-
It's also a problem that he played 36mins and had 0 fouls. That usually happens when someone isn't defending much.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 04-08-2021 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:10 AM   #105
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowedKPtodallas View Post
You know the gameplan is to leave John Wall open from 3 right?...like teams have his whole career. He just happened to hit 4 tonight with KP on the court. And defense wasn't the issue we gave up 102 pts. If we are gonna shoot 25% from 3 we will probably won't beat anyone.
KP’s man (Christian Wood) was 5 of 8 from three because KP wouldn’t close out. If you watched the game you would clearly see KP was a liability last night. There’s a reason he had the worst plus/ minus on the squad. Some nights KP looks great, he just isn’t consistent or available enough to be a true star in my opinion. If I’m the Mavs I hope he goes on a run and then I take whatever I can get for him this off-season.

Last edited by tap2390; 04-08-2021 at 09:11 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:13 AM   #106
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:

This guy shot 19 times. If he wants the ball stop camping out on the perimeter. Work on your pick and roll game. Post up more. Stop jacking up early garbage threes that cause your teammates to freeze you out.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #107
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
KP’s man (Christian Wood) was 5 of 8 from three because KP wouldn’t close out. If you watched the game you would clearly see KP was a liability last night. There’s a reason he had the worst plus/ minus on the squad. Some nights KP looks great, he just isn’t consistent or available enough to be a true star in my opinion. If I’m the Mavs I hope he goes on a run and then I take whatever I can get for him this off-season.
Exactly. It was Doncic’s worst game in awhile but he isn’t the issue KP is swapped to relentlessly on D. Including John Wall.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #108
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This guy shot 19 times. If he wants the ball stop camping out on the perimeter. Work on your pick and roll game. Post up more. Stop jacking up early garbage threes that cause your teammates to freeze you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Exactly. It was Doncic’s worst game in awhile but he isn’t the issue KP is swapped to relentlessly on D. Including John Wall.

That's what you get with a 5 out offense. It's not all on KP. If he weren't doing something he was supposed to be doing, Rick would be telling him about it. That's more on the system than the individual.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #109
SMC0007
Guru

It happens with our offensive system when you aren't hitting 3's like we did Monday vs Jazz for example.

It hasn't changed and will not change, Live by the 3, Die by the 3.

Last edited by SMC0007; 04-08-2021 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:25 AM   #110
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Interesting take because they stated he was usually switched on to Wall alot last night and he was instructed to play off and let Wall have the 3

So he might have started off a play on Wood but ultimately he was forced to switch onto a smaller guy.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:28 AM   #111
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:

He can't just create a play for himself

From what I read and heard their sets are designed for him to be outside in those situations

Now should he go to coach in a respective way and say hey I'm not getting the ball?

Do you think the coach shares some responsibility to call set plays more in those situations?
Old 04-08-2021, 10:48 AM   #112
Dallas41
Diamond Member

also anyone notice that back in the day the Mavs used to close games with Terry/Dirk two man game?

It really makes you wonder why in the 2 years haven't we seen a Luka/KP two man game in similar fashion. They simply don't run that type of stuff for some odd reason which seems a like it would fit hand in glove like the Terry/Dirk action
Old 04-08-2021, 12:53 PM   #113
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Carlisle can only do so much when Luka plays like flaming dog crap. It's a rare occasion, but when it happens, we are not going to win a whole lot of those games.
Its not on Luka to carry the entire team every single night. Elites still have off nights, and itd be nice if the rest of the roster could pick it up against the worst team in the league.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:00 PM   #114
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Its not on Luka to carry the entire team every single night. Elites still have off nights, and itd be nice if the rest of the roster could pick it up against the worst team in the league.
Yea, I mean thats why the "seeding" thread gets comical at times. We do not have a roster that is capable of contending. Once we passed the deadline with no tangible upgrades, our success depends on 1.) 3 point shooting . 2.) Role players playing well above their normal ability.

Old 04-08-2021, 02:18 PM   #115
tap2390
Diamond Member

I understand the argument that as a whole we're playing a lot better; good teams lose to bad teams all the time and we shouldn't panic because of one bad loss.

My POV is that we need every win we can get, and we can't afford to give away wins to the worst teams in the league.

Our second issue is the inconsistent shooting of our guys around Luka, especially Josh Richardson. I mention this above, but I hope that the addition of Kleber and Redick alleviates some of the pressure on Luka to score because his teammates can't hit open shots. Redick and Kleber should both get minutes at the expense of J-Rich.

Our third issue, and arguably our biggest, is Porzingis. He doesn't mesh with Luka. It's time to accept that. His game doesn't mesh. His personality doesn't mesh. And he's not available enough to rectify those issue through sheer repetition.

If I were Carlisle, I would start by inserting THJ into the starting lineup and removing Richardson. Some will look at our recent record and argue that we shouldn't fix what isn't broken, I get that argument but also think we clearly see that this team, much like Harden's Rockets, is hot garbage when it's not hitting 3s.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:26 PM   #116
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
I understand the argument that as a whole we're playing a lot better; good teams lose to bad teams all the time and we shouldn't panic because of one bad loss.

My POV is that we need every win we can get, and we can't afford to give away wins to the worst teams in the league.

Our second issue is the inconsistent shooting of our guys around Luka, especially Josh Richardson. I mention this above, but I hope that the addition of Kleber and Redick alleviates some of the pressure on Luka to score because his teammates can't hit open shots. Redick and Kleber should both get minutes at the expense of J-Rich.

Our third issue, and arguably our biggest, is Porzingis. He doesn't mesh with Luka. It's time to accept that. His game doesn't mesh. His personality doesn't mesh. And he's not available enough to rectify those issue through sheer repetition.

If I were Carlisle, I would start by inserting THJ into the starting lineup and removing Richardson. Some will look at our recent record and argue that we shouldn't fix what isn't broken, I get that argument but also think we clearly see that this team, much like Harden's Rockets, is hot garbage when it's not hitting 3s.
I would leave Richardson in the starting lineup but reduce his minutes.

He should be around 25 MPG as a wing defender in the D.Stevenson mode. Wish he could actually knock down shots like Stevenson but that's for another day.

IN the offseason I would look at the Kings roster since Orlando has already gutted their roster with players who I thought would fit in Dallas.

Guy's like Bagley, Heild or Holmes in some kind of package deal might be the best the Mavs can get because I highly doubt a big name FA is coming to Dallas.

Preferably Holmes and & Heild
Old 04-08-2021, 03:03 PM   #117
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I would leave Richardson in the starting lineup but reduce his minutes.

He should be around 25 MPG as a wing defender in the D.Stevenson mode. Wish he could actually knock down shots like Stevenson but that's for another day.

IN the offseason I would look at the Kings roster since Orlando has already gutted their roster with players who I thought would fit in Dallas.

Guy's like Bagley, Heild or Holmes in some kind of package deal might be the best the Mavs can get because I highly doubt a big name FA is coming to Dallas.

Preferably Holmes and & Heild
I also wonder if Luka realizes the guys around him cant always hit the open shot, and hes opting for more isos. It feels like it, but Idk if thats what the statistics say.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:45 PM   #118
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
I also wonder if Luka realizes the guys around him cant always hit the open shot, and hes opting for more isos. It feels like it, but Idk if thats what the statistics say.
I thought that was obvious, but I've grown tired of complaining. The Mavs are stuck in "Cowboy" mode and have been for a while. The biggest difference is Garrett was far easier to bag on than RC. RC has a ring and that gets him a big ass pass, even if it was a decade ago.

As much as I've grown tired of RC, dislike his style of play, and am constantly questioning his decisions, since he's not going elsewhere anytime soon, the laser focus needs to be put on whomever is making the final decisions on how this team is constructed, and I'm not sure how much of that is RC. My guess is not much.

If the coach is not adjusting well enough to the talent, then the talent brought in needs to be a better fit for the coach. I think the disconnect is between coach and roster composition. They always appear to me to be at odds with each other year after year.

The elephant in the room is Cuban.

Last edited by turin; 04-08-2021 at 04:00 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:22 PM   #119
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
It happens with our offensive system when you aren't hitting 3's like we did Monday vs Jazz for example.

It hasn't changed and will not change, Live by the 3, Die by the 3.
That’s the nba.

“It’s no secret that the proliferation of the three-point shot—which generally creates much longer rebound opportunities—has altered the game more than anything. At .696, the statistical correlation between three-point percentage and winning percentage in the NBA (with 0 showing no correlation, and 1 indicating direct correlation) has never been higher than it is now, according to data from Stats Perform.”

The top 5 teams in 3 point percentage are the Clippers, Bucks, Nets, Jazz, and Nuggets.
Old 04-08-2021, 04:58 PM   #120
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
That’s the nba.

“It’s no secret that the proliferation of the three-point shot—which generally creates much longer rebound opportunities—has altered the game more than anything. At .696, the statistical correlation between three-point percentage and winning percentage in the NBA (with 0 showing no correlation, and 1 indicating direct correlation) has never been higher than it is now, according to data from Stats Perform.”

The top 5 teams in 3 point percentage are the Clippers, Bucks, Nets, Jazz, and Nuggets.
The big difference with those teams though is that they all have 2-3 guys that can go get their own shot if needed and they don't have to be hitting 3's in order to win.

Leonard brings great balance to the Clippers offense deadly mid range

Utah might be the exception but Mitchell, Conley and Clarkson can also mix up their game by attacking the rim or scoring from mid range.

Tags
harden still sucks, houston we have problems, lavert for oladipo, lol rockets rebuild