Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-10-2022, 04:25 PM   #121
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

We can fix the paint packing by just having even an average shooting night. The interior defense is going to take a roster change via draft or trade.
Myles Turner fixes this issue

In fact I'd see if our buddy Rick would entertain a package of Turner + Hield for Powell, Kleber and THJ this summer.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2022, 04:36 PM   #122
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Dinwiddie might should be starting actually. Brunson has earned it but he can't afford to have back to back games like this.

If he keeps collecting tough outings vs long teams throughthe rest of the season, I could see Kidd bringing him off the bench if we face a lengthy team in the POs.
I think he'll continue to start for the rest of the season.

But come playoff time I think Kidd will close out games with Luka, Dinwiddie, Bullock, DFS & Kleber.

Although I'm still holding out hope that Chriss gets healthy and cut's into both Powell and Kleber's minutes
Old 03-10-2022, 10:00 PM   #123
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Myles Turner fixes this issue

In fact I'd see if our buddy Rick would entertain a package of Turner + Hield for Powell, Kleber and THJ this summer.
That’d leave us pretty thin upfront again. I’ve also come around to the importance of chemistry with this group; they seem to genuinely like each other. Maybe they would do THJ and our 1st for Turner? I think Powell and Mxi are great culture guys and great backups playing around 20 minutes or so per game.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:20 PM   #124
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
That’d leave us pretty thin upfront again. I’ve also come around to the importance of chemistry with this group; they seem to genuinely like each other. Maybe they would do THJ and our 1st for Turner? I think Powell and Mxi are great culture guys and great backups playing around 20 minutes or so per game.
Right now it's Powell and Kleber

But I believe you could still manage better with Turner and Chriss.

Chriss brings a lot of the things that Powell brings to the table and Turner is a stretch big and rim protector like Kleber just on a different level.

Boban still remains your 3rd big

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-10-2022 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2022, 11:40 PM   #125
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I know you can convert a two-way to a regular roster spot up until the last game of the season. I'd do that Moses Wright guy in place of Frank because we need the insurance.

Unless there is some other center we can get?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 08:37 AM   #126
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I know you can convert a two-way to a regular roster spot up until the last game of the season. I'd do that Moses Wright guy in place of Frank because we need the insurance.

Unless there is some other center we can get?

Last edited by mac222b; 03-11-2022 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-11-2022, 08:50 AM   #127
mac222b
Diamond Member

I just did a quick look and Enes Freedom is available. Maybe the best we can do. Not great defensively but better than Bobi and he has lots of playoff experience. I don’t think Robin Lopez asked for a buyout, nor did Dieng.
Old 03-11-2022, 08:54 AM   #128
mac222b
Diamond Member

Playoff rosters need to be set by April 11. I think we will probably roll with Powell, Kleber, Bertans and Bobi as our bigs. Cavs just signed Moses Brown after Jarrett Allen injury.