Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #81
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, technically you are correct Flaco... Especially if you count stunning number 6 visions inside the mind of a physically weak yet logically strong character.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:27 PM   #82
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

W

T

F
Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #83
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The greatness of BG strikes again.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 08-27-2008 at 10:42 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #84
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:50 PM   #85
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The chief? really?

Come on...
Old 08-27-2008, 10:53 PM   #86
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

That was the most shocking to you? I figured the XO would be.... was for me.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #87
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

He had a pretty rough season..and he looks and sounds like a pirate.

But the chief...he's a good guy. I like that guy. (apart from the whole union thing)

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-27-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #88
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

If you think about it though.... he never procreated with Boomer so that was a pretty significant clue....??? Well, maybe not. But in hindsight I think that was done on purpose in S1.

So.... who are you thinking is the elusive number five?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 PM   #89
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well, just looking at the show from a perspective of someone who's seen a lot of television....it's not going to be someone new, right? It's going to be even more "shocking" right?

So just name em off....The president, the old man, Starbuck, or Apollo....or Jesus Baltar.

Take your pick...I really don't know. Starbuck seems to have the advantage right now from my point of reference, I'm sure that will change.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #90
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I absolutely have no flippin' clue. I keep thinking it's going to be the most unexpected, which for me would probably be the old man.... but if it were, he has too much History (with 2 sons, etc...) for that to be possible you would THINK.... but then I keep getting hung up on the line the toasters use "All this has happened before and it will happen again" thing. So I really don't know.

I think it's safe to assume that Laura is not it, seeing as she is dying and it took Cylon blood to "cure" her.... however brief that cure was. But other than that? No clue.

I won't elaborate anymore seeing as you have 10 more until caught up.... but I'd love to finish my thoughts after you do.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #91
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I would be genuinely mad if it were the old man.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #92
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Really though... why? Do you hate Athena?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 08-27-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:15 PM   #93
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

This is all a little too "War of the Worlds" for me.

I don't like when the camera pulls back at the end of something and says "See! It was that way all along! they never even had a say in it!"
Old 08-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #94
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

Yeah it is a little too much "retcon" for my tastes. I'm still waiting on an explanation of how it could be Tigh given how old he is and that Adama has a history with him going back decades.

I love me some Tory though...

There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief...
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #95
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not divulging anything about Season 4 by saying this.....but I've got my money on Ellen Tigh.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #96
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I'm not divulging anything about Season 4 by saying this.....but I've got my money on Ellen Tigh.
They never had kids EITHER!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhh........ nice.

Hurry up and watch S4 part 1 so I can finish this discussion.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #97
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

By that do you mean, Razor, or the actual 1st episode of season 4?

I may watch "Razor" tonight....we'll see. It's not like I'm going to watch our messiah who art in Denver.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #98
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

No, I meant the first 10 episodes of Season 4 that have aired already (we have to wait until January for Part 2). Razor is just a side project... although if you watched the old series (70's version) ever Razor will be awesome for you in one scene in particular.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #99
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So razor is not relevant to season 4? That's disappointing.

Also I had read somewhere that Razor might shed some light on the hybrid thing, is that true? Because that was just weird.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #100
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

The light will be dim.... but yes that's true.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #101
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

sigh i tihnk I accidentally read sometihng about the Chief up there... MOTHER FRACKER!!!

but yes...i am in the middle of season 3...episode 14...the last couple of episodes have really sucked balls...i watched the first 2.5 seasons like in a week..and i am struggling to get through the rest of season 3....UGHHHHHH

Last edited by nikeball; 08-28-2008 at 03:22 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #102
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Patience will pay off.....

edit: And dang it, I forgot you were just starting. Let us know when you get caught up with Flaco.... so we can properly spoil warn stuff.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 08-28-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #103
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh man the truth is a frakking bitch.

Anyway...watched "razor" and 401 and 402.

And...yeah...interesting. That Razor was all over the freaking place. Lesbian Cylons? I'm in!

That old creep hybrid was....well...old and creepy. I read the transcript of what all he said...still can't make heads or tails of it.

Baltar + compartment full of hotties FTW. Seriously...this guy continues to poke hot chicks while being the worst human imaginable.

The old man and the Madame President are so close, and yet so far away.

Please tell me the Major comes back to the fleet before this is all said and done?

And dissension in the Cylon ranks? Pretty classic story telling....but I like it.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #104
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

word on the street is there will be a Battlestar Galactica Prequel (another one yes) and a spin off series called Caprica. this is BG's final season
Old 09-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #105
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Caprica starts in December. I'll be glued to my brothers HD screen for sure.

Any updates on where you guys are at?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #106
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

***SPOILERS maybe nikeball *****

Mrs. Flaco and I have only 5 more to go.

What is up with Tory, man???

And what's going on with Tyrol? I did not care him actually shaking Baltars hand at the end of hte last one I watched.

I hope Baltar dies...I hope he dies so hard.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #107
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
***SPOILERS maybe nikeball *****

Mrs. Flaco and I have only 5 more to go.

What is up with Tory, man???

And what's going on with Tyrol? I did not care him actually shaking Baltars hand at the end of hte last one I watched.

I hope Baltar dies...I hope he dies so hard.
yeah. Baltar is just one of those guys...its really easy to hate him but after taking a second look I kinda felt bad for the guy. but he is certainly the reincarnation of evil, yes...
Old 09-02-2008, 08:05 PM   #108
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Funny little MSN article about the word "frak"

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx/?n...9029&gt1=28103

And watch out....there's a medium sized spoiler in the 2nd half of it. A spoiler that must happen in the last 5 episodes aired because I didn't know it.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #109
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I didn't see a spoiler.... PM me what you are talking about.

edit: never mind.... I found it. Yeah.... well.... just watch.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-02-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #110
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

FINISHED! -- I stopped reading this thread on flac's advice.

I shouldve paced myself since I found out that the last 10 episodes dont come out until 4 months from now...but most of it is all a blur...since I watched it in 2.5 weeks.

I have my hunches on who the 5th one is...

this may or may not be a spoiler for flaco so dont read:

It has to be someone instrumental for Cylon 3 (aka XENA) to exclaim "forgive me i didnt know" or something to that nature...
it seems that the last 4 of 5 were supposed to help find the way to earth..because they have been there?...or know the way to earth..the only other person would be Starbuck..remembering things from her childhood in her visions?--but that is way too obvious? It has to be something way out of left field..like Gaeta or something and yes if it is the Old man Adama...I would be really pissed off and angry too. He is too awesome. I almost stopped watching in the beginning when I found out Boomer/Athena/Sharon Valerii was a cylon. Someone so cute cannot be bad.

I thought it was supposed to be a miracle that Athena and Helo had conceived a baby...but then the Chief and Cally did too? What is that about? and then Tigh and Number 6? I thought Cylons can't reproduce?

On the characters on the show...most of them I love/hate at some point...except Gayus Balthazar. Gosh I hope he gets destroyed. AND WTF on that SEASON FINALE? Is that the future? .

edit: post 1111. sick.

I kind of want to buy a model of Mark 2 Viper from BSG. They look sickkkkk.

Last edited by nikeball; 09-03-2008 at 11:03 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:07 AM   #111
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

3 more to go for me and Mrs Flaco...I don't really think anything is a surprise at this point.

WTF with Athena killing that hot 6? (btw, the sixes that have their hair down and not quite as blond...HOT, unlike caprica 6 or baltar's whore inner 6)

And of course that base star was going to jump when they reconnected the hybrid. Man Roslin is stupid.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #112
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

Regarding the Cylon 3 (D'Anna), I think perhaps when she was saying "forgive me" to one of the final 5, the one she was talking to was Tigh - saying forgive me for taking your freaking eye.
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #113
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereaper
Regarding the Cylon 3 (D'Anna), I think perhaps when she was saying "forgive me" to one of the final 5, the one she was talking to was Tigh - saying forgive me for taking your freaking eye.
Maybe..... It's driving me freaking insane though. I found that odd though when she said that. My wife (a recent convert) and I watched "Tigh me up, Tigh me down" the other night..... and I had totally forgotten about that Ellen's a Cyborg mystery. Baltar makes me want to strangle him sometimes, yet he's such a great character.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:46 PM   #114
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh btw...apparently I never got this joke all the way before watching BSG

It's so especially funny now.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #115
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So...uhh....

That's it huh?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:08 PM   #116
nikeball
Platinum Member

Who dun it?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #117
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The final cylon is not in the fleet...right, that's what she said? Am I taking that too literally? Is there a technicality that I'm over looking? I kind of breezed through these last 10 pretty quickly.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #118
nikeball
Platinum Member

^^correct.

Is he/she on Earth? perhaps caused the nuclear winter?

---Ronald D. Moore confirmed in an interview that the four are indeed full Cylons — however, "fundamentally different".
Moore has also stated that unlike the other Humanoid Cylon models, the Final Five do not have model numbers.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #119
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

See...I just find it so hard to believe from a television stand point that the last one would be a totally new character. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be someone established and shocking...someone in the fleet?

Maybe it's Jesus!!!!

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-05-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #120
nikeball
Platinum Member

Nah...Jesus wasn't around during time when Earth's whole population was destroyed

But maybe a new-age nuclear winter surviving (instead of flood) NOAH.

Tags
excellent television, your mom is a cylon