Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default Ahhhhh Dirk gets the pass again : )

Sooo once again Dirk gets the pass. I admit I have seen a few posters get on him and all. I am sure we are all busy getting on Josh over the last few months, with good reason and we all hope that he gone, well most of us including me.

All the reactions I have seen today have been

"we have......."

"we looked........"

"Damp was bad....." ???

"Kidd was bad......."

"why does Dirk always play bad on sunday...."

Damp actually battled, Kidd could have been better, Jet was decent, and the rest well were a few hustlers of the bench, but thats all they were. BUT DIRK, come on people, Dirk SUCKED. I can say that and not even need an explanation to back it up. He got shut down by KG. In the first few minutes he looked good and actually looked good on D, BUT then things got a lil rough and Dirk became a lil bitch. THA STAR player can have a bad game here and there, they are human. BUt what Dirk did today was NOT a bad game. He was pathetic, frustrated, mentally and physically weak lil bitch. I know this doesn't happen to him a lot, but it shouldnt happen period. Dirk will bounce back and the Mavs will be fine, but what if we in the finals and this happens.

All I am asking is that people knowledge how pathetic Dirk was. Just acknowledge it and move on as I am going to. The whole team was bad, but Dirk SUCKED and our star he cant do that.

GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

First
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

2nd!

Dirk can be horrible sometimes.

But he is stellar most of the times.

So it evens out.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Dirk's not getting a pass, it's just when you lose by 24 and are down by as much as 35 why single someone out?
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It's not about him getting "a pass." The simple fact of the matter is that Dirk is by far the best player on the team and should be the least of our worries, even when he has a bad game. Every superstar has terrible games from time to time.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #6
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Im past the point of getting upset at anyone in particular... you cant pinpoint our atrocious perimeter defense, our inability to get to the line, our inability to shoot 3's, our inability to slash, our inconsistent bench, our lack of points in the paint, our inability to force turnovers... and so on on missing Devin's legs or Josh howard not having his head on straight. It's beyond 1-2 players at this point, the bottom line is the Mavs have gotten worse over the past 2-3 years and other teams have gotten better, that's basically the difference between winning 60 and winning 45.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Eh, dirk just had an off night, let it rest fellas

I think he was experiencing side effects from that fever he had a few games ago...

Lets go after J-Ho. He didn't do his part on the rebounding game.. Only 5? grrr! Off with his head!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #8
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The Celtics know how to take him out of his game. Be physical against him. It is a problem because Miami did the same thing in the Finals and Golden State did the same in Round 1. We need a punishing offensive bruiser low post scorer (Kaman etc..) or we will never win an NBA Championship.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 01-25-2009 at 09:19 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #9
ghazi
Platinum Member

Chris Kaman isn't that good FWIW.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
The Celtics know how to take him out of his game. Be physical against him. It is a problem because Miami did the same thing in the Finals and Golden State did the same in Round 1. We need a punishing offensive bruiser low post scorer (Kaman etc..) or we will never win an NBA Championship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
and he is far from a "punishing offensive bruiser"
Old 01-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post

All I am asking is that people knowledge how pathetic Dirk was. Just acknowledge it and move on as I am going to. The whole team was bad, but Dirk SUCKED and our star he cant do that.

GO MAVS
See, most people can't do that...they'll latch on and won't leave it be. I have no problem admitting Dirk had a crappy game, he's allowed to, last I checked he is a human being. He finds a way to balance it out to where his average is very damn good. He'll have some games where he is untouchable and then some games where he stinks up the joint. The meat and potatoes of his game where the average really lies is left at a really high mark.

I think you're way off base to say Dirk isn't allowed to have games like today. Really? It's just flat out not allowed because he's our star? The bottom isn't allowed to fall out for Dirk? The last I checked we had quite a few problems with the roster and he does a pretty good job of masking it. He has to carry the load because frankly he only really has one legit threat along side of him to carry the scoring load. The guy is going to wear down in the process. It's ebb and flow, there will be highs and there will be lows...today was a low. There are problems, he isn't one of them.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #12
Re-Dirk-ulous

Quote:
Better than what we have right now... or in other words, the best we can get right now.

If we want a center/low poster scorer, a 2nd tier center like Kaman is the best thing we can get
Old 01-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #13
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It doesn't have to be a low-post guy. They need someone who isn't afraid to fight back in general, they need to have a swagger. Players (I think D.J. Augustin was one of them) have said once you bark back at the Celtics and you battle back, they will wilt away. They're just bullies, so you need someone who isn't afraid and won't back down.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Or really just someone to make teams pay when they double Dirk and take him out of his game. Michael Redd is on IR for the rest of the season, we're not going anywhere this season anyway. Give up J-Ho for him and ask for a 1st round pick then start getting excited about next year.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 01-25-2009 at 09:29 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #15
ghazi
Platinum Member

Is Kaman back anyway? Dude's been out for weeks if I'm not mistaken.

Anywho, the good teams will find a way here and there to win a game where its best player has a poor shooting night. the Cavs do it, the Celtics do it, the Lakers do it. Dirk's bad shooting becomes magnified due to our poor roster and below average defense.

All the elite teams this year have limited Dirk tremendously... he had poor games both times against the Lakers, he had a HORRIBLE game against the Cavs, and today v the Celtics. Decent game v Magic I guess.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Is Kaman back anyway? Dude's been out for weeks if I'm not mistaken.

Anywho, the good teams will find a way here and there to win a game where its best player has a poor shooting night. the Cavs do it, the Celtics do it, the Lakers do it. Dirk's bad shooting becomes magnified due to our poor roster and below average defense.

All the elite teams this year have limited Dirk tremendously... he had poor games both times against the Lakers, he had a HORRIBLE game against the Cavs, and today v the Celtics. Decent game v Magic I guess.
It's because they know Jet and Dirk is really all they have to worry about...you'll take your chances of Howard/Kidd/Wright/George beating you.

I think with Kaman, they're not rushing him back...is there really a need to for them anyways?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #17
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

maybe Dirk should learn something from the game and try being more like KG
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #18
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

The Mavs should try to bully the next teams were up against..
Old 01-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #19
ghazi
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
maybe Dirk should learn something from the game and try being more like KG
Dirk should talk shit to point guards?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #20
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on starting yet another thread. Well done.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is a steaming pile of crap.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #22
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk gets a pass 'cause there's nothing you can do about him.
You need multiple superstars to win it all these days. We've got one of those in Dirk. Everyone else represents potential to become another. We can dream about trading Josh for a real superstar, or try to wish and complain him into playing like one. We can do the same for Terry and Kidd, too. But we can't improve on Dirk. Unless you think he can improve to the level of Lebron James (who is 2 superstars in 1 body), or you think you've worked out a trade to get 2 superstars in return for Dirk, there's not much to do. Dirk is what he is, 1 of the multiple superstars we'll need to win a championship.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #23
Re-Dirk-ulous

Quote:
Then he'll be accused of racism and it will break into a big story and the league will conduct a thorough investigation into the matter
Old 01-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #24
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I love Dirk too much to say anything bad about him.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #25
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Axdemx0 can you never post here again.

Thanks.

ps - ^^^ this has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Dirk did suck. You just suck way, way more.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #26
Danny Boi

Danny Boi will become famous soon enough

I can feel your frustration axdemx0. However, Dirk is the least of the pathetic Mavericks problems. Dirk does put up some ugly games but that will happen to a star once in a while when nobody is there to help him. Teams can zero in on Dirk because there is not another reliable scorer to help him out but Jason Terry, and even he is very streaky. When you take that into consideration you should be happy to have a guy that averages 27 ppg and 8rpg. As painful as this game was to watch I hoped it opened Cubans eyes so he can stop all the BS about "I'm not trading Howard." We have seen what he can offer and if a team wants to trade us a player with some upside for him we should do it, and yes I'm talking about Bargnani.
Danny Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #27
Re-Dirk-ulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
Dirk gets a pass 'cause there's nothing you can do about him.
You need multiple superstars to win it all these days. We've got one of those in Dirk. Everyone else represents potential to become another. We can dream about trading Josh for a real superstar, or try to wish and complain him into playing like one. We can do the same for Terry and Kidd, too. But we can't improve on Dirk. Unless you think he can improve to the level of Lebron James (who is 2 superstars in 1 body), or you think you've worked out a trade to get 2 superstars in return for Dirk, there's not much to do. Dirk is what he is, 1 of the multiple superstars we'll need to win a championship.
Yes, and good chemistry also makes "multiple superstars"

Another problem is having a 7-foot offensive foward as the first option doesn't cut it. Didn't work when Garnett was the superstar, didn't work when Gasol was the superstar, it's not working with Bosh as the superstar. Those type of players need to be the 2nd option to go places and win titles, unless the player is a Duncan-type 7-foot foward. But even that alone won't get it done the way the league plays today.

Maybe I'm being harsh with "2nd option", just get some really, really good guys around him.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #28
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give him a pass, I suppose.

Still, he didn't just have an "off night". Dirk hit NOTHING that was a layup, missed 20 shots, had the ball stolen, had passes go off/through his hands, made bad passes, made bad fouls, misses multiple FT's (bad by his standards), and got to the line usually on bad fouls by Boston.

That was probably the worst game Dirk had ever had. Debatable, obviously, but it was abysmal.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #29
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
no play better and hit shots, sure Dirk can have off nights so can KG and every other player in the nba, but hitting shots and playing D helps and from what I saw KG was pretty good at making his shots. Althought Dirk could talk shit to point guards as well if he wants
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #30
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
no play better and hit shots, sure Dirk can have off nights so can KG and every other player in the nba, but hitting shots and playing D helps and from what I saw KG was pretty good at making his shots. Althought Dirk could talk shit to point guards as well if he wants
Are you seriously going to try to make a comparison between the two without taking the rest of the rosters into consideration?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #31
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Dirk-ulous View Post

Another problem is having a 7-foot offensive foward as the first option doesn't cut it. Didn't work when Garnett was the superstar, didn't work when Gasol was the superstar, it's not working with Bosh as the superstar. Those type of players need to be the 2nd option to go places and win titles, unless the player is a Duncan-type 7-foot foward. But even that alone won't get it done the way the league plays today.

Maybe I'm being harsh with "2nd option", just get some really, really good guys around him.
It didn't work when Kobe was the only option, and it didn't work when Paul Pierce was the only option, either. And neither of them is 7 feet tall. Dirk is better than KG and Gasol, but he does need someone that can occassionaly be the finals MVP.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:16 AM   #32
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
KG's a trash talking punk that should, in theory, have way more technicals than he does because of all that taunting (every... single... game).

KG needs to learn from Dirk and calm down. I think it's pathetic how the league praises such an obnoxious, arrogant, jerk (And that's the persona he's given the whole Celtics team, why do you think they are so disrespected despite being champions? Everyone wants a piece of them). Dirk on the other hand always seems to get the shaft and STILL takes it all in strides as a professional.

He doesn't need his own fans criticizing his game, he gets enough of that from the rest of the league.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:23 AM   #33
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
You said it perfectly. First of all Mark Jackson said as we destroyed the Pistons, in the middle of the game as one person said, if the Mavs beat the Celts on this road trip they will be 2-1 and have a good series. Jackson said, the Celts are completely differ from the Pistons and the Celts will take Dirk out of the game. Was he ever right. By 5 mins into the game, Dirk was taking the ball out of bounds and handing the ball to Garnett, under our own basket and it turned into a 5 point play. We lost the game within 5 mins of the game as Dirk was scarred to death and terrible. I do not sugar coat it.

They made Dirk no more than a bomber and told him, don't you step in this painted area, so he didn't. Plus on the defensive end, just give it to the guy that Dirk guards and go dunk or lay up on him. We was going to lose but he should have jerked Dirk out of the game if he is scarred. In his and our teams defense, we have zero chance of beating a team like the Lakers or Celts in a series. I very seriously doubt we can beat the Spurs either. The Celts was going to win another title untill they got Bynum back and trying to make Gasol and Bynum a beast in the middle like all the Celts are and the Lakers have done a great job of it. That is if the Celts don't tell Bynum and Gasol not to step in the paint and they say ok, we won't.

This team beat Detroit because Detroit played a horse game with us with RH and AI. We can beat people in horse games and no defense. Teams that play in the paint and get physical and play defense, especially on Dirk, we can't beat. I have railed on Dirk but i must say on most of our guyhs, it was a layup fest and we did not play defense as Rondo or anyone could have made a layup every single time down if they wanted.

Orlando needs one more good inside man to help Howard. Cleveland maybe needs a defensive paint guy possibly also but both these teams are very good and can challenge the Celts. Detroit is gone, they have a one man show in AI now and it won't work. Out west, the Spurs better pick up some big physical young guys or they risk of going old like us and no good. They could use a David Lee to help bang on Gasol and Bynum but they can possibly give the Lakers some probs, maybe. Nobody out west is close to the Lakers and really not all that close to the Spurs in a series.

We are so easy to guard because we have zero paint players and have no one to go to, so defenses can sluff off and just guard Terry and Dirk and make Kidd shoot. Those trees just stood inside the paint like Mourning and Shaq did with us when we played Miami. Miami had one physical forward also that rebounds and was a load sometimes back then. They reduced us to a horse team after the first 2 games.

So now, we still have no inside game or player but we threw away one person that could penetrate thru the painted area and now we have zero post game and we now have no guard to penetrate to the rim. Then we do not play defense. I just wished all teams played us in horse games like Detroit did and outlaw the painted area. It must be a nightmare for Dampier saying, Hey Damp, could you stop those 5 Celts comming down the lane to dunk, I am back here and can't come back in that paint. Damp don't play squat on offense but he is about the last defensive player we have or maybe Howard or teams would go 130 a night on us, if they come in the paint. We will beat them or get close if they play us in horse.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #34
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Your thoughts that you need a different player the way the league is officiated these days is dead-on. You almost have to have a guy who will get the hand-checking fouls and the small baby bumps in the lane that dirk will not get. You just have to.

Mavs are desperate for a guy like that. We don't have him on this team.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:34 AM   #35
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
KG's a trash talking punk that should, in theory, have way more technicals than he does because of all that taunting (every... single... game).

KG needs to learn from Dirk and calm down. I think it's pathetic how the league praises such an obnoxious, arrogant, jerk (And that's the persona he's given the whole Celtics team, why do you think they are so disrespected despite being champions? Everyone wants a piece of them). Dirk on the other hand always seems to get the shaft and STILL takes it all in strides as a professional.

He doesn't need his own fans criticizing his game, he gets enough of that from the rest of the league.
I also agree with you on KG. The Lakers have a good shot at them if Bynum and Gasol will be tough. Stay in that paint and take it to KG and them from 10 feet in or at the basket. I would play Bynum, Gasol, Kobe at same time or Odom in there somewhere at times also and go big with the Celts. KG will keep on, if they let him get away with it. The Cavs might not be far from challenging them also.

When KG was in MN, Gasol would take him out at 15 ft and then blow by him to the rim and even dunk on KG. He didn't have any help behind him where he does now. KG is a great player and can flat score but you must make him play defense also. I do not like his atitude either and hope someone beats them and i never thought i would pull for the Lakers but i sure will if they play the Celts. Mainly against KG.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk has his good games...his great games..and the occasional bad game. Yeah, you can gripe for him having an off night. But, anyone that believes that there's a blueprint for stopping Dirk is an idiot other than running multiple defenders at him virtually all the time. Otherwise, every team in the league would simply guard dirk that certain way without dedicating multiple defenders to him.

Hey, stopping the Mavs is based upon one thing.. slow dirk down. Obviously, there's not one way to slow him down or he wouldn't be having one of the greatest seasons of his career.. he wouldn't be on pace to be an All-NBA player again... he wouldn't be headed back to the All-Star game.

Anyways, suck my nuts
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #37
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Quote:

As great as Duncan is and has been, he had to have Gino, Parker and a stopper like Bowen. Plus usually he has had another banger helping him rebound. This was probably a good spanking and loss for the Spurs today because Pop saw that they must have another physical man in the middle. I feel they will try to go out and get one more physical paint guy and make teams beat them from the outside and not run lay up drills on them to.

KG has so much help now where he didn't in MN. I sure hope for a another big guy in the middle someday for Dirk to play with that is also a good option on offense. He has had Shawn Bradley, Fortson, Damp, Diop, Jamison.

We are down so much now with money, draft pix and not much trade options left, untill can we ever get that guy to help Dirk? The organazation went the wrong way chasing a pg when that wasn't our problem. We needed a big sg and needed a monster in the painted area that demanded the ball on offense. If Dirk and Terry ever play together somewhere and have them a beast in the middle, they will both put up really big numbers. On offense. I'm afraid Dirk might not get that player while he is here.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #38
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk owns.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:16 AM   #39
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Ahh okk well at least you guys had a nice lil conversation and posted 37 times while I was at work, Dirk still sucked today though, but better days are ahead : )

GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:12 AM   #40
MainEv3nt

MainEv3nt will become famous soon enoughMainEv3nt will become famous soon enough

lol im really surprise u made this thread lmao.

Tags
dirk's still amazing