Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-23-2005, 02:12 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why I missed the end of the Sacto game.....

So there I am all excited that I finally get to watch a game. Yes...Waco cable couldn't even screw up the broadcast. However, I end up getting called back to work and I miss the entire first half. bummer. So there I am settling in for the end of game excitement...I have my laptop, my drink, some chips....all is good.

There are five minutes and some change left in the game when I suddenly hear this popping noise...a loud one come from out in front of my house. I have a pretty good Christmas display going out there...hey...the kids love it you know.....so I knew what had happened.

Three little jackoff teenagers thought it would be funny to pop my inflatable Snow Globe. I bolt out the door and one little bastard is standing next to another yard decoration and he sees me barrelling down on him. If the little sh*t wouldn't have had about a thirty yard head start I would have gotten him. He runs like a scared little bizatch and literally dives into a waiting truck which speeds away. As the truck makes the corner I hear another noise that sounds like a .22 shot.

I've been in instant situations like this before...many times...and have always had the ability to remain level headed. I got the license plate number of the truck, a description and of course some info on the little rabbit turd bastard that popped my snow globe and ran away.

I call the police and tell them what happened. They respond, run the palte, call the residence registered to the truck and BAMO! There was one PISSED OFF momma at the other end of the line. Oh man was she pissed. She starts telling the police about her dipshit son and his yahoo friends. Turns them all in and wants my address so she can come over and write me a check.

As I type this, the police are waiting at the kids house to pick him and stuff his ass in jail. This was a class B misdemeanor and I told them that I expected these kids to be charged. If the kids fess up immediately, I will drop the charges IF they agree to spend 50 hours each as volunteers at either Compassion Ministries (a battered family shelter) or Caritas (a nondenominational assistance agency here) AND write me a letter of apology AND pay for the dmage. Otherwise.....jail time bizatches.

Anyways....I guess I am getting softer as I age. Had I caught that kid there would have been an ambulance ride. I'm actually glad it played out this way instead because I would have pummeled him. The mom never flinched...never told me she thought I was being harsh or anything. It's nice to see the police do good and a mother step up and expect better from her son and his friends.

I should know more tomorrow. I never did find out what the shot-like sound was......the police thought it might have been an air rifle.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-23-2005 at 02:16 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2005, 02:26 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mom was driving the getaway truck? And where was your wristrocket, potato launcher or blowgun? A rock, potato or needle traveling at high speed would have taught that kid a lesson. It works for animals.

Anyway you missed quite a showing by Dirk. Down by 3 and the second Dirk comes in we go on like a 14-2 run

edit: the truck was borrowed...needed to read that one again

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-23-2005 at 02:28 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:34 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Mom was at home asleep and was not impressed that the police woke her up.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:44 AM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you'd shot the kid, you reckon they coulda pressed charges?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:46 AM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go Doc. It was very heads up to you getting that plate! Scoreboard for the good citizens of the world.

BTW, I missed the end of the game too. I wish I had a good story to go along with that, but I just forgot to instruct my TIVO to record 30 minutes longer

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 03:02 AM   #6
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

man, sounds like you had a crazy night! teenagers can be so very stupid! also nice to hear that the mom was supportive. I can't tell you how many times I've phoned parents of my students only to hear, "Oh, my little Johnny could never have said something like that to you" or somesuch. I look forward to hearing how your saga plays out.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 03:05 AM   #7
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Sorry Doc - it was my yahoo friend's idea.

If I had known it was your house...
Old 12-23-2005, 03:06 AM   #8
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts

well done Doc, I always enjoy a good story of pawnage!
DeusDeOmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:53 AM   #9
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default Give me the licence plate, I'll serve them justice!!

Damn, that is too bad Doc. But, revenge is a dish best serve cold. These guys got their iced salad!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:10 AM   #10
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

This just in:

It was QCarFan!
Old 12-23-2005, 12:09 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Mr. Doc,

I'm sooooo sorry for my little prank....it started in good fun....and then we decided that you can suck it so we killed your Santa. I hate you and will never apologize...you and Nash should live together as a couple...

love, U2

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

You don't want to see Doc when he's angry.

Good job.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:43 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

This thread has been therapuetic.

I have spoken to the boys families. I'm going to drop charges but, the boys get to obviously pay for the entire cost of replacement, tax and all.....they get to volunteer ten hours each at a local battered family shelter....they get to write me an apology each detailing their involvement and explaining why they were so stupid (this part was actually a dads idea and they have to actually write the words "why I was stupid").....they get to clean up the million and a half little white pellets that were in the snow globe.....they get to clean up a yard of an elderly neighbor who quire frankly needs the help (I do this regularly).....and they get to live, which is a completely separate option had I actually caught them last night. That would have been very very bad.

I guess it worked out. I feel bad for not charging them (kind of) but it is Christmas and the shelter will benefit greatly from 30 total hours of volunteerism I guess and my neighbor certainly will as well so some real good has come of it. Plus, there are three families who have had the opporuntity to step up and learn.

I'm satisfied I suppose.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:58 PM   #14
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I predict: there will be a reckoning. They are coming back next year. They will pop your snow globe AND there will a little burning sack on your front porch. Had they thought of that this year- they would not have proven to be the amateurs they obviously are...

But, it's all hypothetical...so forget I said anything (insert: quiet maniacal laugh under my breath)
Old 12-23-2005, 01:19 PM   #15
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
...I guess it worked out. I feel bad for not charging them (kind of) but it is Christmas and the shelter will benefit greatly from 30 total hours of volunteerism I guess and my neighbor certainly will as well so some real good has come of it. Plus, there are three families who have had the opporuntity to step up and learn.

I'm satisfied I suppose.
So basically it's a Christmas miracle.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:47 PM   #16
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang, Doc... I'm sure the memory of your huge self chasing and bellowing after them will probably be giving those punk kids some nightmares in coming days ...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 12-23-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:17 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

ya dun good doc!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote