Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-14-2003, 10:29 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Finley update

The Mavericks hope guard Michael Finley will be able to play tonight against Seattle.

Finley has missed the past 13 games with a strained left hamstring that has left the Mavericks and their fans realizing how difficult it is to win without their No. 2 scorer. Coach Don Nelson says he needs Finley at 100 percent for this team to reach their postseason goals.

"He's going to be facing really good players every night," Nelson said. "I think a critical test for us -- really not winning or losing the next couple of games -- but it's just seeing where Mike is.

"If he's going to stumble and needs some games to get his game back where it was, then let's do it now, not in the playoffs. Then, if it's not going to hold up, let's find that out, too, by playing some games and seeing how strong that hamstring is and can he take a playoff series and play at a high level."

Tough decision, imo. It's a slight chance, but still a chance that we can win the division and #1 seed.

I know Finley is going to need a couple games to kick the rust and I'd rather have him do it now instead of the playoffs. Especially if the Lakers our are 1st round matchup.

But, I know he'll be tentative when he returns. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. I remember last year he passed on a bunch of open shots, but took bad ones. And I can already tell you that he'll be really hesitant about driving to the basket the first few games.

I want him to play (even if it's just a few minutes here and there) in these last 2 games, but I don't want him used as a scapegoat if we lose either or both these games cause he has a poor showing.

I do agree with Nelson, though, that we need to know if the hamstring is going to hold up now rather than when the playoffs start.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:54 AM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I think Dallas can win AND work Fin back into the flow of things.

Old 04-14-2003, 10:55 AM   #3
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Fin being Fin, he'll play.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 10:58 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

fin's underrated
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 11:54 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

<< fin's underrated
>>

Whoa!

I agree though.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 01:15 PM   #6
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Let's just get him back, please !!!!!!
Old 04-14-2003, 01:46 PM   #7
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

I sure do miss Finley...
Old 04-14-2003, 03:15 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< fin's underrated
>>

I second that whoa. Whoa.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 05:03 PM   #9
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I can't wait to see him tonite. I hope mavs win and he gets decent minutes and gets his rhythm back.