Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #1
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Tim MacMahon
@espn_macmahon

JJ Redick says on his @OldManAndThree podcast that he will practice with the Mavs for the first time Saturday. “Hopefully, in the next couple of games, I’ll be available to play,” Redick said. “That’s sort of the plan.”
How much of an impact should we really expect Redick to make? I am hoping it's bigger than the impact provided by Peja Stojakovic. Peja was still an incredible shooter when he was a Maverick. He was highly efficient, and I expect this from Redick. I am just hoping that Redick can get more shots off and make eclipse 10 ppg for us. I'd love it if he could score around as much as Curry did for us. Is that wishing for too much?
Old 04-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
How much of an impact should we really expect Redick to make? I am hoping it's bigger than the impact provided by Peja Stojakovic. Peja was still an incredible shooter when he was a Maverick. He was highly efficient, and I expect this from Redick. I am just hoping that Redick can get more shots off and make eclipse 10 ppg for us. I'd love it if he could score around as much as Curry did for us. Is that wishing for too much?
I think Peja is what I’m anticipating and why I have tempered enthusiasm.

Dude will be cool. He’ll coach from the bench a bit. Counteract some of Luka’s immature emotionality with veteran stability. Keep the guys confident, which has been a huge issue this year: we’ve been either a pack of hungry wolves or the team with the worst confidence in the league and nothing in between.

As for his play? I bet he hits some threes and wins us a game or two. Then sits and doesn’t play. I doubt he plays every one of the 15-18 games he’s available for. Some games he gets 18min and some games he gets DNPs

Then the playoffs is where he can really shine. Again, not every game or every minute of every game but good teams have flamethrowers who can come in and hit three threes in four minutes and then not play the rest of the game.

As for being better than Peja? I’d be very surprised if he was. Redick won’t be asked to do anything more than be a veteran presence who occasionally plays 3-8 min stretches for offense.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-09-2021 at 07:22 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote