Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-12-2008, 01:43 AM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Try to keep up, what does N.Korea being on our blacklist have to do with how peaceful it is under der leader?
Ask Libya...

(Gaddafi's still their leader but we haven't heard a peep from him since we stopped giving them attention on our blacklist...)

...and they still don't have nukes!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-12-2008 at 01:44 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2008, 01:47 AM   #82
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well the NYTImes says genocide, at least 2000k per month for an unkowable lengths of time.

If you are saying that Obama is right that we should have pulled out, okay...I strongly disagree and believe that was a surrender.
I thnk we should get one thing straight. It's not possible for us to surrender in Iraq. We deposed their leader, and in short order. Now, if their conditions aren't all that great nowadays, sucks to be them. But that is NOT surrender for our troops.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:47 AM   #83
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Ask Libya...

(Gaddafi's still their leader but we haven't heard a peep from him since we stopped giving them attention on our blacklist...)

Again try to stay on topic. We were talking about how peaceful it was under Hussein...

I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge (even though Gaddafi did) that our taking out of Hussein was one of the reasons he stopped that nuclear weapons program.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:49 AM   #84
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I thnk we should get one thing straight. It's not possible for us to surrender in Iraq. We deposed their leader, and in short order. Now, if their conditions aren't all that great nowadays, sucks to be them. But that is NOT surrender for our troops.
I think YOU need to get one thing straight. Just like the mujahadden ran the soviets out of Afghanistan our leaving Iraq would have been a defeat to the Al Queda terrorists. And us leaving in that condition WOULD have been a surrender for our troops.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-12-2008, 01:49 AM   #85
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ask Libya...

Is he seriously still their leader? That shit happened when I was barely in grade school.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:52 AM   #86
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I think YOU need to get one thing straight. Just like the mujahadden ran the soviets out of Afghanistan our leaving Iraq would have been a defeat to the Al Queda terrorists. And us leaving in that condition WOULD have been a surrender for our troops.
I can't even figure out what this means.

What I guess is that you are saying that Al Qaeda will have won if we leave the area.

So what? What would they have won?
Old 10-12-2008, 01:59 AM   #87
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is he seriously still their leader? That shit happened when I was barely in grade school.
Crazy, isn't it???

Doc Brown made reference to that ordeal back in 1985 and ol' Muammar is STILL running the joint!

Last edited by Underdog; 10-12-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:04 AM   #88
Underdog

Quote:
So what? What would they have won?
Exactly!

Hell, the only reason they've found success in terrorism is because people are AFRAID...

In the stock market, no panic equals no crash... In terrorism, no fear equals no victory...

But we're still very, very afraid - enough to give up our freedoms, no less (and guess who's winning the war as a result???)

Old 10-12-2008, 02:15 AM   #89
Underdog

Quote:
Again try to stay on topic. We were talking about how peaceful it was under Hussein...
You're the one who brought up North Korea in the first place, but I like how you pretend that I changed the subject...

(obviously the world inside your head and the world outside don't quite mesh...)

Old 10-12-2008, 02:24 AM   #90
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Exactly!

Hell, the only reason they've found success in terrorism is because people are AFRAID...

In the stock market, no panic equals no crash... In terrorism, no fear equals no victory...

But we're still very, very afraid - enough to give up our freedoms, no less (and guess who's winning the war as a result???)
I can't figure out why we are so afraid of these terrorists in the first place. Maybe we have watched too much "24." In the world I live in, they got lucky and pulled most of their deal off, but they will never, ever get that lucky again.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:29 AM   #91
Underdog

Quote:
I can't figure out why we are so afraid of these terrorists in the first place. Maybe we have watched too much "24." In the world I live in, they got lucky and pulled most of their deal off, but they will never, ever get that lucky again.
Even if they DO get lucky, it's exactly that - luck...

America thwarted over 20,000 REAL terrorist threats in the last century and only failed once (sure, it was an epic fail, but it ain't Israel/Palestine - those people live in REAL fear DAILY!)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-12-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:32 AM   #92
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I was reading through this thread and I realized by the end of the first page that nothing changes. One thing I learned is that Democrats in general do not vote for the Democrat candidate if they don't like him. Republicans do however vote no matter who the candidate is.

Fortunately, Obama has done a good job so far that it looks like Democrats will go vote for him in this election. And yes, he will win. And yes, Republicans will hate him, and yes, Democrats will love him. And this will just keep going until the next election. Argument from either side is futile at this point, as 99% of the people have decided who they'll vote for. But the mud slinging will not stop, and it is expected that it won't... but this election has been decided.

It's such a simple realization, but one that kept me from getting worked up about the absolute absurd posts I have seen, and the spins I have read that at some points get so ridiculous I can hardly believe the words I read.

Carry on though...

Last edited by bernardos70; 10-12-2008 at 02:37 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #93
dude1394
Guru

From instapundit.
http://www.pajamasmedia.com/instapun...es2/025622.php

Quote:
NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE? So we've had nearly 8 years of lefty assassination fantasies about George W. Bush, and Bill Ayers' bombing campaign is explained away as a consequence of him having just felt so strongly about social justice, but a few people yell things at McCain rallies and suddenly it's a sign that anger is out of control in American politics? It's nice of McCain to try to tamp that down, and James Taranto sounds a proper cautionary note -- but, please, can we also note the staggering level of hypocrisy here? (And that's before we get to the Obama campaign's thuggish tactics aimed at silencing critics.)

The Angry Left has gotten away with all sorts of beyond-the-pale behavior throughout the Bush Administration. The double standards involved -- particularly on the part of the press -- are what are feeding this anger. (Indeed, as Ann Althouse and John Leo have noted, the reporting on this very issue is dubious). So while asking for McCain supporters to chill a bit, can we also ask the press to start doing its job rather than openly shilling for a Democratic victory? Self-control is for everybody, if it's for anybody. . . .

UPDATE: Well, here's an opportunity to see how they do.

Plus, days of rage.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Hey, it's not my rage. Remember, I lack fire. "Reynolds, at his most, barely reaches the level of mildly peeved."
Old 10-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #94
dude1394
Guru

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...ccain_sig.html
Quote:
PORTLAND, Ore. - Authorities have arrested two men after a Molotov cocktail was thrown at a 4-foot by 8-foot campaign sign for Republican presidential candidate John McCain in a southeast Portland yard.

Karen Scrutton said she was asleep inside her home at 7956 S.E. 17th Ave. in the Sellwood neighborhood when she saw her sign go up in flames after 1 a.m.

"I screamed upstairs to my husband, 'Jean! Jean!" she said.

A neighbor heard a crash and chased off one of the suspects. Jean Scrutton said his son-in-law found another suspect not far away.

Not long after, investigators picked up Leslie Brockette Leudtke and Kevin Carl Robinson, both 23. After interviewing them, the pair was charged with four counts each of manufacturing and possession of a destructive device. In addition, Leudtke was charged with a single count of reckless burning.

Witnesses said the suspects threw a Molotov cocktail at the sign and used another as a torch.

The Scruttons worried that their home could have caught on fire.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #95
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Legislate a defeat for America...

His name just happens to be Hussein...

Ironic...

There is a reason why the more educated you get, the less likely you are to vote Republican, and the closer to Appalachia you get, the more likely you are.

Keep it classy, bro. Keep it classy.
It continues to amaze me just how bigoted liberals actually are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQalRPQ8stI
Old 10-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #96
dude1394
Guru

Such classy democrats.

Quote:
When Sarah Palin dropped the ceremonial first puck at the Flyers’ opener on Saturday night at the Wachovia Center, she was greeted by resounding (almost deafening) boos. Ed Snider, owner of the Flyers, had her introduced to the crowd more as a hockey mom than as the Republican candidate for vice president. She was flanked by Scott Gomez, the Rangers center, and Mike Richards, the Flyers center.

While Philadelphia fans are known for not being shy about voicing disapproval, the question has been raised — including by me in an earlier version of this post — whether the appearance was appropriate at a sports event like this.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #97
chumdawg
Guru

Stay classy, bro. Stay classy.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #98
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, I guess even Pennsylvania isn't buying that hockey mom stuff.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-13-2008 at 08:30 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #99
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Stay classy, bro. Stay classy.
Same to you...It'll be tough when you are supporting this bunch.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/12...y-insane-rage/
Old 10-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #100
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, you're using the fact that Philadelphia fans booed someone to support your argument? They boo EVERYONE! Even Santa Claus!
Old 10-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #101
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Wait, you're using the fact that Philadelphia fans booed someone to support your argument? They boo EVERYONE! Even Santa Claus!
That is the best they can do right now. Can you even believe Palin would try to put a hockey game into political gain? That has to be one of the dumbest things I have seen. She actually thought that all her hockey mom tales were going to win her over with hockey fans. This lady is silly, and I do believe she felt silly afterwards. Especially with the crowd full of Democrats and Republicans ( )
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #102
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
List of people Philly fans have cheered:

Michael Irvin as he laid their motionless after his spinal chord injury.....

And that's about it lol.

Palin got off easy. I've seen people with Curious George monkey's with noose's around their neck.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #103
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Good point...I should have realized the entire city is democratic.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #104
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

This is an older one, but a goodie - Those classy republicans:

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...pin-in-it.html
Old 10-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #105
dude1394
Guru

Red House maybe.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #106
dude1394
Guru

Ah those classy democrats.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_L6pDyjqqsv...palin+c-nt.JPG
Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 AM   #107
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

How is stating the facts not classy?
Old 10-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #108
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
All I have to say on this is right below this post..LMAO.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #109
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How is stating the facts not classy?
You're better than that.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #110
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
You're better than that.
Obviously not.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #111
dude1394
Guru

So does the C word equal the N word?

Not to a liberal I guess. I wonder how these Hillary Supporters will be voting. heh..

http://hillbuzz.wordpress.com/2008/1...-c-tee-shirts/
Quote:
Barack Obama Supporters Lead By Example and Call Sarah Palin a C*ntPosted on October 12, 2008 by Uppity WomanThanks to Wake Up America for this lovely tasteful Barack Obama supporter photo that we McCain supporters might use as an example of what to strive for. I’m sure we will see it on MSNBC and CNN just as soon as Haley’s Comet rolls around again.From the lying, hypocritical, Race-Baiting, unvetted, tasteless Barack Obama campaign:

As Barack Obama has said himself, the last thing we need from either party is the kind of angry, divisive rhetoric that tears us apart at a time of crisis when we desperately need to come together. That is the kind of campaign Sen. Obama will continue to run in the weeks ahead.

Here are some typical Obama supporters wearing Sarah Palin is a C*nt T-shirts and leading by example for us.”

http://uppitywoman08.wordpress.com/2…h-palin-a-cnt/

Last edited by dude1394; 10-13-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #112
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
You're better than that.
I agree.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #113
dude1394
Guru

So as I understand it Obama was teaching Acorn how to legislate the sub-prime fiasco...has he also been teaching them how to generate fradulent votes.

Quote:
This is one of those news stories you can hardly believe. In Lake County, Indiana, ACORN turned in 5,000 new registrations. The authorities there started reviewing them, and quit after they found that the first 2,100 were all fraudulent. The mind boggles: ACORN turns in thousands of new registrations, and not a single one represents a legitimate voter. Here is CNN's report:
I'll wait to see what he actually DOES after he is elected, before passing judgment. I'm sure he has some good ideas.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:35 PM   #114
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I love how you find this specific examples of people, and then generalize them onto all democrats.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #115
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I love how you find this specific examples of people, and then generalize them onto all democrats.
wake up and smell the coffee. Indiana, Chicago, Florida, South Dakota.....Democrats screaming like banshees that a voter would be FORCED, FORCED mind you to show an ID?

I'll wait to see what he actually DOES after he is elected, before passing judgment. I'm sure he has some good ideas.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #116
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

are you aware that by law acorn MUST turn in every voter registration form that is returned to them? even if they suspect them to be bogus? did you know they alert the officials about the forms they suspect are bogus?

we now have the latest pinata for the right to wave sticks at, and it's acorn....
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #117
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
are you aware that by law acorn MUST turn in every voter registration form that is returned to them? even if they suspect them to be bogus? did you know they alert the officials about the forms they suspect are bogus?

we now have the latest pinata for the right to wave sticks at, and it's acorn....
Which of the first 2100 that were fraudulent did Acorn alert the authorities to? Lake County heavily democratic. So please point me to the fraudulent heavily Republican accusations.

And the argument is that they HAVE to turn in the fraudulent registrations that they sign up, so they are not a fraudulent orgainzation? That is the defense?

Quote:
ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, is a community-based organization that advocates for low- and moderate-income families by working on neighborhood safety, health care and other social issues. ACORN has over 350,000 members and more than 850 neighborhood chapters in over 100 cities across the United States, as well as in Argentina, Canada, Mexico, and Peru. ACORN was founded in 1970 by Wade Rathke and Gary Delgado.[1] Maude Hurd has been National President of ACORN since 1990.

ACORN's priorities have included: better housing and wages for the poor, more community development investment from banks and governments, and better public schools.[2] ACORN pursues these goals through demonstration, negotiation, legislation, and voter participation.[3]

ACORN is made up of several legally distinct parts including local non-profits, a national lobbying organization and the ACORN Housing Corporation.[4] ACORN says it is non-partisan though it is often aligned with the Democratic Party on policy.[4] This political alignment and some of the causes it advocates have made ACORN the subject of partisan conflict.[5][4] Some of ACORN's voter registration programs have been investigated for alleged fraud.[6]

Last edited by dude1394; 10-13-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #118
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

nice avoiding the subject....

acorn MUST turn in EVERY voter registration form that is turned in.

do you understand?

maybe you should follow the story to be informed..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alleging fraud, authorities raid voter group

ACORN's canvassers filled out forms with fake names, addresses, officials say

By ADRIENNE PACKER and MOLLY BALL
REVIEW-JOURNAL
State authorities on Tuesday raided an organization that registers low-income people to vote, alleging that its canvassers falsified forms with bogus names, fake addresses or famous personalities.

The secretary of state's office launched an investigation after noticing that names did not match addresses and that most members of the Dallas Cowboys appeared to be registering in Nevada to vote in November's general election.

"Some of these (forms) were facially fraudulent; we basically had the starting lineup for the Dallas Cowboys," Secretary of State Ross Miller said. "Tony Romo is not registered to vote in Nevada. Anyone trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot."

Agents with the secretary of state and state attorney general offices served a search warrant on the headquarters of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, at 953 E. Sahara Ave. shortly after 9 a.m. They seized voter registration forms and computer databases to determine how many fake forms were submitted and identify employees who were responsible.

They also sought information regarding current and past employees and managers.

"We don't know how many (falsified forms) are here; there may be two, or there may be thousands," said Bob Walsh, spokesman for the secretary of state's office.

Registration fraud typically stems from workers striving to meet their daily quota of submitted voter forms, Miller said.

Most organizations require their workers to sign up 20 voters a day. Fraudulent forms start filtering in when workers struggle to meet their quota and either fill in bogus names or accept documents with names that are clearly falsified, Miller said.

In a statement released by ACORN on Tuesday, Interim Chief Organizer Bertha Lewis said the group based in Clark County routinely flagged suspect applications and notified the Clark County Election Department. The group provided state and county officials with the names of individuals who submitted the falsified registration forms.

"Election officials routinely ignored this information and failed to act," Lewis said. "ACORN pleaded with them to take our concerns about fraudulent applications seriously."

In late July, election officials requested copies of the same documents that previously had been handed over by ACORN, Lewis said. In September, ACORN received a subpoena requesting information on 15 employees, whose names already had been turned in to election officials by the organization.

"Today's raid by the secretary of state's office is a stunt that serves no useful purpose other than to discredit our work registering Nevadans and distracting us from the important work ahead of getting every eligible voter to the polls," Lewis said.

Miller said that is not the case. He said the state's investigation began before ACORN submitted the forms referred to in Lewis' statement. In early July, investigators began looking through ACORN's registration forms. One canvasser turned in 17 applications; only four addresses existed, the investigators alleged.

According to an affidavit filed by the secretary of state, the canvasser was interviewed and told investigators that meeting the daily quota was difficult because it was hot outside and potential voters rejected her invitation to register.

Other canvassers hired by ACORN were residents at the Casa Grande Transitional Housing Facility, a Nevada Department of Corrections institution that offers convicted felons an opportunity to take part in work-release programs.

"It raises significant concerns that they hired prison inmates, some of whom have been convicted of identity theft," Miller said.

ACORN's field director in Nevada and the head of its voter registration effort, known as Project Vote, said the agency is cooperating fully with the investigation.

"We're proud of what we did here," Chris Edwards said. "We've got nothing to hide."

Tuesday morning's raid came on a day when ACORN had been planning a news conference and potluck lunch to celebrate the culmination of its voter registration drive, which the group said resulted in 90,000 new registrants since February, and to launch a get-out-the-vote push for the election.

The event went ahead around noon, starting with a pep talk of the group's staffers and volunteers, who stood to testify to the mission of the enterprise and who said they would remain undaunted.

"This is a great organization," Bonnie Smith-Greathouse, head organizer for Nevada ACORN, told a group of about 15 gathered in front of the organization's office. "We've done great things in the community, and we're going to do even greater things in the future."

Smith-Greathouse suggested that powerful interests were trying to squelch the voices of the poor that ACORN is trying to empower.

"Project Vote has been attacked all over the country because we registered at least 1.2 million voters," she said. "That could sway an election. You should be very proud. Something so significant in history has never happened in Nevada before."

Edwards stressed the mission of empowering those on society's lower rungs. "We don't go to Trader Joe's to register voters," he said. "We don't go to Macy's or Whole Foods. We sign people up to vote at welfare offices. We sign people up at post offices in poor neighborhoods."

ACORN's voter registration drive has consisted of recruiting people from off the street, many of them down-and-outers desperate for work, with the promise of $8 an hour for often grueling work. The canvassers were required to be on their feet, flagging down potential registrants, often in the 100-plus-degree heat of the Las Vegas summer.

Although they were not paid a set fee per registration form collected, which is illegal, they had to meet certain quotas of registrations each day, which is legal.

Clark County Registrar of Voters Larry Lomax, who has been speaking out about the fraudulent submissions and passing them along to the secretary of state's office for months, said under those circumstances, there was an obvious temptation for workers to duck into an air-conditioned library, for example, and start copying out of the phone book or off a sports roster.

"Anybody who decides they're going to pay people to go out and register voters is basically opening themselves up to that," he said. Lomax said he did not think there was a systematic attempt to submit phony forms.

Once turned in, the voter registration forms are subject to a verification process by Lomax's office.

People whose forms listed phony or business addresses would have been sent a letter advising them they would be voided if they didn't respond within 15 days. People who didn't list a driver's license or Social Security number that matched their name and address would be flagged on the voter rolls and required to bring photo identification to the polls to be allowed to vote.

Because of the safeguards, Lomax said he was confident no one will vote who shouldn't be allowed. "People don't need to fear for the integrity of this election," he said.

ACORN said it had a quality-control operation of its own in place to check registration forms before they were turned in. Joe Camp, who was in charge of the effort, said he would call the phone number the registrant had listed and ask whether the information on the form was correct.

"To my standards, to ACORN's standards, everything that was turned in to the Board of Elections was legitimate," said Camp, a 28-year-old Las Vegan who said he previously worked as a real-estate appraiser.

Lomax said he has seen some evidence of quality control on ACORN's part this year. The registration forms legally cannot be discarded or destroyed, and some would be turned in with a note saying that they appeared to be fraudulent and that the canvasser had been fired, but that was "by no means the majority" of the suspect forms, Lomax said.

ACORN is a nonpartisan organization, but it is affiliated with a political action committee that has endorsed Democrat Barack Obama in the presidential election. The Nevada authorities spearheading the investigation, Miller and Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto, are both Democrats.

Obama's work as a community organizer in Chicago in the early 1990s was with Project Vote, but his campaign said it was not affiliated with ACORN at the time. Obama also was part of a team of lawyers representing ACORN in 1995 in a lawsuit that accused the state of Illinois of putting up barriers to poor people trying to register.

A spokeswoman for Obama's campaign would not comment on his past ties to the group but said the work ACORN is now engaged in is separate from the campaign.

"The Obama campaign is not affiliated with nor do we work with ACORN," Kirsten Searer said. "We have our own, separate voter registration campaign."

Republicans seized on the news of Tuesday's raid. The Clark County Republican Party issued a statement condemning voter fraud and calling for full prosecution of anyone responsible.

ACORN's other major activity is housing aid, for which it is eligible for federal grants from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac under newly enacted affordable-housing provisions.

Nevada Sen. John Ensign, a Republican, on Tuesday called for the suspension of the affordable housing funds because they might be going to "controversial groups like ACORN."

Nevada Gov. Jim Gibbons, also a Republican, said the ACORN problem was evidence Nevada needs a law requiring voters to present photo identification at the polls. Assembly Minority Leader Heidi Gansert, R-Reno, has proposed such a bill to be considered by the 2009 Legislature.

In the interim, Miller urged residents who registered with third parties to check the Nevada secretary of state's Web site to reaffirm their voting status. The deadline to register for the November election is Oct. 14. New registrations must be submitted in person at the Clark County Government Center or the Clark County Election Department.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #119
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
So does the C word equal the N word?

Not to a liberal I guess. I wonder how these Hillary Supporters will be voting. heh..

http://hillbuzz.wordpress.com/2008/1...-c-tee-shirts/
What does the N word have to do with that? I guess you found your way to get it in there some type of way. And you wonder why I think you are racist.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #120
dude1394
Guru

Nice gig if you can get it. Your mandate is to turn in every fraudlent vote you can get no matter if you know it is bogus or not. Then count on the system to be too overwhelmed to check up on them. Then you get to blame election officials for not finding the fraudulent voters that you've signed up.

Must be a "non-partisan" orgainzation.

Which of the first 2100 in Indiana were they forced to hand in?

Tags
fluffalicious, got a bit fluffy in here, lefty bigotry, mind readers now, my god- people are idiots, silk's healthcare lies, the sacrificial lamb