Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #121
haCORErdMav

haCORErdMav has a spectacular aura abouthaCORErdMav has a spectacular aura about

Not trying to count my chickens before they hatch but if Dojo has played good enough to have trade value or even keep then all i can say is http://youtu.be/eYDkGJmSfy0
haCORErdMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #122
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I tell you one thing... DoJo's shot from 15+ feet is a lot more smooth than it was in the NBA. Hopefully it translates to the NBA. If he had a jumper the last two years, he would have been playing the last two years. That is the major thing holding him back.

So far it looks better.

(But with all that said, I'd rather the Mavs just "dump" to a lottery team for a future pick....)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #123
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

I'd like to give Dojo a chance. The guy can obviously play; he just needs that confidence on the big stage. We need to give him a proper opportunity to do so. This is his year to show us what he's made of.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #124
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

DoJo value is at all time high...just at the right time.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #125
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
is dojo the only player playing in the summer league with a championship ring?
Pretty sure Norris Cole is playing in the summer league.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #126
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Well, I tell you one thing... DoJo's shot from 15+ feet is a lot more smooth than it was in the NBA. Hopefully it translates to the NBA. If he had a jumper the last two years, he would have been playing the last two years. That is the major thing holding him back.

So far it looks better.

(But with all that said, I'd rather the Mavs just "dump" to a lottery team for a future pick....)
It is the major thing holding him back, the jumpshot. But, he has gotten to the rim on many many occasions and just NOT finished. If he would have been able to do that, he would have also logged more minutes.

I think whatever he has improved on should translate in real games . As far as his shot and finishing goes. I have thought he lacked confidence and if he can get over that hurdle we could have a role player. He sees the floor soo much better than Roddy, just needs to finish plays and hit open J's.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #127
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I think whatever he has improved on should translate in real games . As far as his shot and finishing goes. I have thought he lacked confidence and if he can get over that hurdle we could have a role player. He sees the floor soo much better than Roddy, just needs to finish plays and hit open J's.
Yeah, I don't get the disdain for the guy. For 1, he gets no consistent minutes. That's hard, regardless. Then he's a rookie/soph on a team full of supreme vets. I think it's obvious that his confidence just hasn't been there.

But when I watch him play like he's played the last 2 games, I see a contributor. He's got so much going for him, if he can just maintain his confidence into the season I could see him being an extremely valuable player. He's got the size to guard 2's and the quickness to guard a lot of 1's. Great athleticism. Just a lot to like. But it just comes down to confidence. Hope he can somehow manage to pull it all together.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #128
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Jones is already ahead of the curve at PG vs Roddy. I'm pretty sure that was the case LAST year...probably even in their rookie years. Jones' jumper is getting a little bit better.

Crowder is a beast. I love him.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #129
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope Jones plays well enough to convince someone to take him off our hands for nothing.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #130
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Roddy + Over Hyped Rookie Season = Constant sike frustration

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #131
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I just hope Jones plays well enough to convince someone to take him off our hands for nothing.
Add Roddy to that list.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #132
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea if this is happening, but I wonder if the balance is shifting towards Jones over Roddy.

To this point, Jones has been pretty much a major positive for the SL team. He basically IS the team on offense. He's initiating for others and creating for himself.

Again, I have no idea if that's happened (the shift), but it's food for thought. I've been incredibly down on Jones since he pretty much came in (for a multitude of reasons). What I've seen on the court is promising. Still need to see other things tho..
Old 07-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #133
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I have absolutely no idea if this is happening, but I wonder if the balance is shifting towards Jones over Roddy.

To this point, Jones has been pretty much a major positive for the SL team. He basically IS the team on offense. He's initiating for others and creating for himself.

Again, I have no idea if that's happened (the shift), but it's food for thought. I've been incredibly down on Jones since he pretty much came in (for a multitude of reasons). What I've seen on the court is promising. Still need to see other things tho..
I'm hopeful, of course. But...this is not the first time Jones has looked good in the summer league. Maybe he didn't look *this good* before, but he definitely shone in prior appearances.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #134
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
Yeah, I don't get the disdain for the guy. For 1, he gets no consistent minutes. That's hard, regardless. Then he's a rookie/soph on a team full of supreme vets. I think it's obvious that his confidence just hasn't been there.

But when I watch him play like he's played the last 2 games, I see a contributor. He's got so much going for him, if he can just maintain his confidence into the season I could see him being an extremely valuable player. He's got the size to guard 2's and the quickness to guard a lot of 1's. Great athleticism. Just a lot to like. But it just comes down to confidence. Hope he can somehow manage to pull it all together.
I would agree about people being a little harsh on the guy. I've always said that if he can just figure out a way to put the ball in the basket, he'd be a nice piece of an NBA rotation given that he does a number of things well. Of course, that is a little easier said than done, and it might be his undoing.

One thing to note is that it seems like the examples that the anti-Summer League crowd trots out are those players have been in Summer League several times. Dojo probably should be looking pretty good in Summer League competition so the real hope is that this is a guy who has turned over a new leaf that will carry over to the regular season instead of a guy who at this point only knows how to dominate clueless rooks.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #135
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I'm hopeful, of course. But...this is not the first time Jones has looked good in the summer league. Maybe he didn't look *this good* before, but he definitely shone in prior appearances.
Agreed. There's progression, but he's kind of a situation where he's screwed either way.

Bad: WTF? You've been here before and have NBA experience!!!!
Good: Want a cookie? You've been here before and have NBA experience!!
Old 07-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #136
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Jones made all tournament last year in SL, no?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #137
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Jones made all tournament last year in SL, no?
His rookie year, yes. NO SL last year, due to the lockout.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #138
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed. There's progression, but he's kind of a situation where he's screwed either way.

Bad: WTF? You've been here before and have NBA experience!!!!
Good: Want a cookie? You've been here before and have NBA experience!!
Yeah, I know what you are saying. I really wish I had seen the games. (I caught a small part of the first one, only.) If I could identify progress with my eye, I'd feel good about that. The stats in and of themselves don't do much for me, because I know that he could post those stats whether he had improved any or not.

The big thing I want to see from him is a jumper. He showed in his first summer league that he wasn't at all afraid to drive the lane, and that he could finish fairly well to boot. If he can knock some down from outside, there is no reason he can't make a contribution like Barea did.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #139
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you are saying. I really wish I had seen the games. (I caught a small part of the first one, only.) If I could identify progress with my eye, I'd feel good about that. The stats in and of themselves don't do much for me, because I know that he could post those stats whether he had improved any or not.

The big thing I want to see from him is a jumper. He showed in his first summer league that he wasn't at all afraid to drive the lane, and that he could finish fairly well to boot. If he can knock some down from outside, there is no reason he can't make a contribution like Barea did.
Stats are poppycock to me with the SL. I just want to see how you play and how you react to what is going on. He's got a borderline filthy euro-step with his approach to the basket. He's getting better at finishing at the rim. The first game didn't feel like a new Jones to me. It just looked like one who was maximizing his strength and feasting on deer in headlights competition. I saw a little more variety in tonight's game. I wouldn't say he's turned a corner with his jumper, but there is improvement.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #140
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Stats are poppycock to me with the SL. I just want to see how you play and how you react to what is going on. He's got a borderline filthy euro-step with his approach to the basket. He's getting better at finishing at the rim. The first game didn't feel like a new Jones to me. It just looked like one who was maximizing his strength and feasting on deer in headlights competition. I saw a little more variety in tonight's game. I wouldn't say he's turned a corner with his jumper, but there is improvement.
Thanks for the update. I hope I can catch the rest of the games. No way to view the first two, is there?
Old 07-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #141
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Thanks for the update. I hope I can catch the rest of the games. No way to view the first two, is there?
You could pay that 4.99 the league is asking for and go back and watch the games.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #142
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
You could pay that 4.99 the league is asking for and go back and watch the games.
Oh, that's good to know. Thanks very much. I'll definitely do that.

Viewing schedule otherwise, for those who want to see it first, looks like (if I'm not mistaken):

Wed night / Thursday morning: 4am vs Hawks
Fri night 10:30 vs Hornets
Sat afternoon: 2pm vs Hornets replay
Sat night / Sun morning: 4am vs Spurs

Last edited by chumdawg; 07-17-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #143
chumdawg
Guru

Tonight I'm carefully scouting Jones and Crowder in the Denver game. I thought Jones got off to a fairly poor start. He looked like a one-trick pony (drive the lane with reckless abandon), and that one trick wasn't working. He really warmed up as the half went on, though. That first half was a fine piece of work. Surprisingly, I thought he showed some decent PG instincts.

Crowder looks to me like he is NBA ready right now (for what it is he does). Idle question: Does he have the longest hair in the NBA?
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #144
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

Crowder looks to me like he is NBA ready right now (for what it is he does). Idle question: Does he have the longest hair in the NBA?
Fill me in...what does he "does"?

Old 07-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #145
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Scrap, hustle, defend, pick up garbage points, hit the occasional nice shot. You know...Shawn Marion 2.0.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #146
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

He is a scrapper. I was also suprised that he can hit the outside shot alright. That is what is going to keep him in the league. He's smaller than Marion. But his game is reminiscent of it.

Before Najera got broken down by injuries..... Crowder plays similar to Najera only with a 20 foot jumpshot.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #147
Bayliss

Oh and Brandon Lee has to step aside. Well that is... if he was still alive... because their is a new Crow in town.

The Crow is coming to an arena near you.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #148
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Jones is already ahead of the curve at PG vs Roddy. I'm pretty sure that was the case LAST year...probably even in their rookie years. Jones' jumper is getting a little bit better.

Crowder is a beast. I love him.
What's the problem with James BG? I saw you guys wasn't that high on him, and said he's not ready, but then i see the boxscore, and he had a nice double-double in only like, 26 minutes? He was fouling a lot? Or is it his defense? What makes you say he's not ready for a 3rd string role? Didn't see any of those games so far.

Also, if you don't mind, would you tell me about Crowder? My buddy swears he's never gonna be able to play SF in the NBA (i guess he played PF in college) but from what i saw of him, he doesn't look slow, he's athletic, and has a somewhat nice release, i imagine he could knock down those open jumpers occasionally, though i saw he's struggling with it when he's moving.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:50 AM   #149
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Tonight I'm carefully scouting Jones and Crowder in the Denver game. I thought Jones got off to a fairly poor start. He looked like a one-trick pony (drive the lane with reckless abandon), and that one trick wasn't working. He really warmed up as the half went on, though. That first half was a fine piece of work. Surprisingly, I thought he showed some decent PG instincts.

I've just read that, do you also feel he'll be able to play the small forward position in the NBA? That would be awesome.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 07-18-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #150
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Honestly it's not surprising that Jones shows decent PG instincts. The things that impressed me the most about him in the few minutes he got during his rookie season was his court vision and passing.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #151
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never followed him in college, but from what I saw in the first two SL games, Crowder does EVERYTHING - he's one of those "swiss army knife" players... His defense was physical, unafraid to back down, but smart enough not to draw fouls... He was surprisingly strong at getting position around the hoop and seems really crafty when it comes to grabbing rebounds - a little reminiscent of Rodman in that regard... Definitely a bit of a Matrix-lite, but he also nailed a three-pointer from about five feet behind the arc, so his shot is currently better than Marion's... He looks NBA-ready, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him as our backup SF right out of the gate - Carlisle's gonna love utilizing this guy.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-18-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #152
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
What's the problem with James BG? I saw you guys wasn't that high on him, and said he's not ready, but then i see the boxscore, and he had a nice double-double in only like, 26 minutes? He was fouling a lot? Or is it his defense? What makes you say he's not ready for a 3rd string role? Didn't see any of those games so far.

Also, if you don't mind, would you tell me about Crowder? My buddy swears he's never gonna be able to play SF in the NBA (i guess he played PF in college) but from what i saw of him, he doesn't look slow, he's athletic, and has a somewhat nice release, i imagine he could knock down those open jumpers occasionally, though i saw he's struggling with it when he's moving.
James did look better in the second game versus the first game. It just looks like anytime he makes a good play, it gets negated by something that kind of looks like a bball IQ slip up. I guess for the process of being a 3rd stringer, you can handle that, but you have to wonder with the injury ?marks with the guys ahead of him, can you handle that or do you need someone who is a proven commodity?

You're pretty much on with what you've seen or thought with Crowder. I'm going to watch more of Crowder's tendencies on defense in today's game, but it seems like he's got the tools to work as a defensive 3. He'll have limitations to his game, but he's going to maximize his strengths and find ways to make those shine in the time he's on the floor.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #153
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He looks NBA-ready, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him as our backup SF right out of the gate - Carlisle's gonna love utilizing this guy.
Woah. That is high...HIGH praise.

Especially since Carlisle hates rookies. I think it's personal.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #154
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Woah. That is high...HIGH praise.

Especially since Carlisle hates rookies. I think it's personal.
Out of the 3 times I've heard Carlisle talk about Crowder (draft night, intro day and Game 1 of the SL), he's raved about him. You can tell he likes him most out of the 3 guys. I think he respects that Crowder has limitations but he's resourceful enough to do things to make him an asset. Guys that are willing to work and have what seems to be an endless supply of energy will get a coach's attention. I can't remember the exact reference he went with, but Carlisle said Crowder ranked in the top 2-3 for guys coming out in the draft in terms of guys that have a great motor or energy level.

From what I've seen, at the absolute worst he'll be a great practice guy because he's going to push guys and make them have to work. He's not going to back down in a situation either.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-18-2012 at 09:30 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #155
sike
The Preacha

Skin just said that Carlisle has said that Crowder will be on this roster.

Quote:
Out of the 3 times I've heard Carlisle talk about Crowder (draft night, intro day and Game 1 of the SL), he's raved about him. You can tell he likes him most out of the 3 guys. I think he respects that Crowder has limitations but he's resourceful enough to do things to make him an asset. Guys that are willing to work and have what seems to be an endless supply of energy will get a coach's attention. I can't remember the exact reference he went with, but Carlisle said Crowder ranked in the top 2-3 for guys coming out in the draft in terms of guys that have a great motor or energy level.

From what I've seen, at the absolute worst he'll be a great practice guy because he's going to push guys and make them have to work. He's not going to back down in a situation either.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #156
BGMaverick9
Guru

Found the line:

Carlisle said that Jae was one of the top 2-3 hardest playing guys that came out of the draft.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #157
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Skin just said that Carlisle has said that Crowder will be on this roster.
Yes, he heavily implied that on the broadcast of one of the Mavs SL games. I don't remember the exact quote
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #158
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Yes, he heavily implied that on the broadcast of one of the Mavs SL games. I don't remember the exact quote
Coach Carlisle on Jae Crowder: "He's going to be on our team. We're pretty confident of that."
Old 07-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #159
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think with James it's gonna depend heavily on whether he can grasp the system RC implements. IF he can learn where to be with his pick setting and do the little things without getting lost, he could hang in there.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #160
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Coach Carlisle on Jae Crowder: "He's going to be on our team. We're pretty confident of that."
Thanks for posting the actual quote. I was taken back a little by such an early and strong proclamation by coach on a 2nd round player. Goes to show how enamored he is with Jae's game.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote