Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-10-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough
Question Worst Playoffs In NBA History???

is this years playoffs the worst in NBA History???
With only 1 game 7 and no overtime yet this has been the most unexciting playoffs in a long time IMO.. With all the blowouts,sweeps and non competitiveness...where would u rate this years playoffs so far?
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

This 2nd round has been horrible. 3 of the 4 series will be sweeps. I think every series in the East went 5 games or less except the Atl/Mil series.

1st round in the West was pretty exciting, though. But 2nd round has been a HUGE letdown.

Only 1 series will be going on the rest of the week and that is Cle/Bos which I can not get into at all.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #4
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, they should rig the games and make it more competitive, dammit!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #5
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

ya like last year we had the boston-chicago series which was an instant classic with each game going in overtime pretty much.this years playoffs have been really disapointing to say the least.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #6
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Yeah, they should rig the games and make it more competitive, dammit!
i thought thats already how it is now.i can barely watch the games bc of the refs!!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Your considerable deficiencies in punctuation, capitalization and verb conjugation make it impossible for anyone to take you seriously.

Either you're 7 years old, or your parents didn't love you sufficiently to make sure you're literate enough to interact with others on the internet (or in the real world for that matter.)

Either way, we have very little use for you, and I must spread some reputation around before "giving it to you" again.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Your considerable deficiencies in punctuation, capitalization and verb conjugation make it impossible for anyone to take you seriously.

Either you're 7 years old, or your parents didn't love you sufficiently to make sure you're literate enough to interact with others on the internet (or in the real world for that matter.)

Either way, we have very little use for you, and I must spread some reputation around before "giving it to you" again.
This, coming from resident pessimist, Flacolaco...

Consider yourself pwn't.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #9
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:

Whoops I cursed.

I can't articulate my thoughts without resorting to foul, vile language, and I can't spell articulate much less define it.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-11-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #10
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
u and underdog can burn in hell!!
Can we still spoon?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #11
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Can we still spoon?
im jus trying to start a topic of discussion and yall keep coming at me..good for people who are members on this site and people who were thinking about being apart of this site
Old 05-11-2010, 12:50 AM   #12
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
im jus trying to start a topic of discussion and yall keep coming at me..good for people who are members on this site and people who were thinking about being apart of this site
But I thought we had something going...

I was going to invite you to my Furry Party and everything!

Last edited by Underdog; 05-11-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:25 AM   #13
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

The first round in the western conference was as competitive as it was expected to be. The reason why things changed in the second round is due to the underachievement of the Mavs and the Nuggets. Prior to George Karl's unfortunate health issues, the Nuggets were destined to give the Lakers a very hard time and I thought they might actually be able to beat the Lakers under the right circumstances. Instead, they imploded and couldn't even overcome an injury-ridden Utah Jazz. LA then went on to have a fairly easy time with Utah which was to be expected. The Mavs weren't at their best against the Spurs and allowed them to advance. As we could see against the Suns, the Spurs were indeed just a No. 7 seed and never actually peaked as some people thought. As a result, Phoenix didn't have any trouble beating them. I'm not sure we would have defeated the Suns, but there's no way a healthy team effort by the Mavs would have ended in a 4-0 sweep by the Suns. Sadly, we didn't even make it this far. It could have been rather easy this time.

Last edited by dalger; 05-11-2010 at 03:26 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:08 AM   #14
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Aren't the refs supposed to officiate the games in a way that series last as long as possible?

Does that mean:

A. The refs can't really do much about the outcome of games after all?
B. Stern told them to officiate in a way that there are more sweeps to show that allegations of officials trying to prolong series are wrong?
C. The difference in quality between the teams meeting in three of four of this year's Conference Semi Finals is just too big and refs can't do nothing about it.
D. Dirk is too soft and can't carry us to the promised land?
E. Roddy didn't play enough, Barea played too much, and it's all Carlisle's fault?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 05-11-2010 at 05:09 AM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
The first round in the western conference was as competitive as it was expected to be. The reason why things changed in the second round is due to the underachievement of the Mavs and the Nuggets. Prior to George Karl's unfortunate health issues, the Nuggets were destined to give the Lakers a very hard time and I thought they might actually be able to beat the Lakers under the right circumstances. Instead, they imploded and couldn't even overcome an injury-ridden Utah Jazz. LA then went on to have a fairly easy time with Utah which was to be expected. The Mavs weren't at their best against the Spurs and allowed them to advance. As we could see against the Suns, the Spurs were indeed just a No. 7 seed and never actually peaked as some people thought. As a result, Phoenix didn't have any trouble beating them. I'm not sure we would have defeated the Suns, but there's no way a healthy team effort by the Mavs would have ended in a 4-0 sweep by the Suns. Sadly, we didn't even make it this far. It could have been rather easy this time.
I will agree with this. When upsets happen, the next round is usually less competitive. In this case, there were 2. Yes Denver and Utah were a 4/5 so no real upset there but I still can not believe Denver lost that series especially with homecourt and Utah having 2 of its best players injured. You knew when they won that they would get crushed by LA.

Same as Dallas/SA. Dallas would not have got swept by Phx. Would have been much more competitive than it was.

It reminds me of the NCAA tourney. A lot of the times, the upsets are cool but it makes the later rounds easier for the higher seeds.

I think things will kick into high gear with the conference finals, though. I'll be rooting for Orlando/Phoenix to be in the Finals just to piss off Stern. But I'm sure he will not let that happen.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The coming battles are gonna be great. The potential battles of the big men are great. Howard vs KG and Perkins or Shag, thats gonna be great. Amare vs Pau and Bynum, who can cover Fry outside?

Then Amare vs Shaq or even better, Amare vs Howard.

Bynum and Pau vs Howard or vs Shaq.

No, this is going to be one of the best playoffs in a loong time. Get all the weak teams out of the way.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It is kind of funny that this was hailed as possibly the most competitive West in decades, and both 2nd round series ended up being sweeps.

But no, these playoffs don't "suck."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #18
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Yes, I loved the old days (the 1970s) when the home team won every playoff game until game 7, which was actually contested. If you could find someone silly enough to take the sucker bet on the road team, then you could make serious money.

Yup, when you get old, then you pine for the Good Ol' Days.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You do realize that you are supposed to put a closing period outside of parentheses, right?

Last edited by Male30Dan; 05-14-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #20
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
You do realize that you are supposed to put a closing period outside of parentheses, right?
Not if he attended Underdog's School for Made-Up Grammar - the only rules are that there are no rules...

(.seriously)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-14-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #21
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

The NBA and the NHL are jinxed
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #22
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

OK, let´s blow this one up.

Found Underdogg schooling Cadbane... 0:34 ( right side )
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #23
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
.C. .D. Dirk is too soft and can't carry us to the promised land?
.?
I guess Lebron is too soft and can't carry a team to the promise land either.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:44 AM   #24
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
The coming battles are gonna be great. The potential battles of the big men are great. Howard vs KG and Perkins or Shag, thats gonna be great. Amare vs Pau and Bynum, who can cover Fry outside?

Then Amare vs Shaq or even better, Amare vs Howard.

Bynum and Pau vs Howard or vs Shaq.

No, this is going to be one of the best playoffs in a loong time. Get all the weak teams out of the way.
what u think about it now??? lmao..one of the worst playoffs in history..if not worst, atleast top 3!!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #25
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Boston adds Wallace, Lakers add Artest. The rich got richer. Orlando pretty much moved Hedo for VC. Delonte banged Kings' mom, Stern couldn't have scripted that.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote