Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #801
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

This could have a bigger effect than even just these playoffs. What if Jason Kidd leaves because he doesnt think the Mavs get a fair chance at winning? Dont know if anyone has considered that but it's possible.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #802
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, didn't consider that. There's other PG's if he doesn't wanna comeback here. For whatever reason.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #803
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNugs View Post
Well....certainly the first scenerio is better because he made the shot. I suspect that not a single Mavs fan would be saying anything about the non-call if he had missed the shot....and I'd suspect there would be plenty of Nuggets fans complaining that they should have called a foul.

Wright broke a cardninal rule of all sports. You don't stop playing until you hear a whistle.
I wouldn't be complaining about the non-call if it had worked out in our favor. Of course not.

But IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED. If Melo misses, then Denver fans are pissed. If Melo makes it, like he did, then Dallas fans are pissed. IT WAS THE WRONG CALL!!

Whether Melo hits or misses that shot is irrelevant, because Wright fouled Melo! I'm telling you, I'd prefer my chances any day for a time running down, contested, long range off-balance 3 pointer.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #804
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
This could have a bigger effect than even just these playoffs. What if Jason Kidd leaves because he doesnt think the Mavs get a fair chance at winning? Dont know if anyone has considered that but it's possible.
And actually on top of that it wouldnt surprise me if Cubes sells the team.

Neither may happen, but both are possible.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #805
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Frankly - if you make the call noone can complain. If you don't make the call one side will cry murder (the losing one) so obviously you would call it.
Wether or not denver can catch and shoot to win this is a different story (it's certainly harder to do with 2.4 seconds left than shooting an offbalance 3 with no defender on you) but this way it's just a messed up game that will be remembered for just this one thing. And it costs us this season.
Kidd cant get the same kind of money anywhere else so I don't see him leaving unless it is in a sign and trade which I can live with as well.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #806
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

If I'm Cuban, I seriously think about selling. He knows the end is near for this group and he knows the NBA hates him and yes, he has warranted some of the hate. If I was him, I'd sell and get what you can before they become a team like the Kings later on down the line and their value drops.

I would not want to be an owner in the NBA at all.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #807
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

Wow, what a finish. Me personally, I don't like games like this that have a lot of foul calls, but I didn't see many fouls that I disagreed with on both sides. I don't even know what to say about that last play, if that had happened in the 1st through 3rd it would have beeen called a foul. That inconsistent officiating just bothers me to not end.

Throughout this series I have gained infinate amount of respect for Dirk(although I already had a lot) He plays the game the right way, hard and passionate. And also handles everything with class. I hope he can someday win a championship with Dallas (just not this year ) but he deserves it...
NugsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #808
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Yeah it's pretty funny how Rick took basically the exact same team Avery had and took them a whole round further in the playoffs.
Agreed. Was just saying Avery isn't missing days like these, being the coach during playoff debaucles.

Sheesh, take it easy.
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #809
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoble View Post
Agreed. Was just saying Avery isn't missing days like these, being the coach during playoff debaucles.

Sheesh, take it easy.
Avery would be splayed flat on his ass by now, and have lost his team to boot.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #810
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

George Karl is a douchebag! He says he didn't see a foul? If Melo would have missed that shot he would have seen a foul.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #811
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
If Cuban offers 3 years 24 million to Kidd, Kidd will stick, otherwise he probably would take a 2 year max MLE offer from Cleveland or LA, 2 years 14 million.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #812
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
If Cuban offers 3 years 24 million to Kidd, Kidd will stick, otherwise he probably would take a 2 year max MLE offer from Cleveland or LA, 2 years 14 million.
I wouldn't pay that much to keep Kidd, nor do I think he should be signed for 3 years either.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #813
ray_sir_6

ray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the rough

I think they should have kept Harris, and got rid of Damp for a REAL center.
ray_sir_6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game 4 comeback!, gdt 08/09, great foul wright, kick their ass, my anus is bleeding!, nba is rigged., no funeral, salvadore beats us again, worst gdt ever