Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #321
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

mental GIANTS!!!!

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #322
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Let this be a note as well...

a TON of ya'll need to take a second and get the foot out of your mouth.

PAAAAAAAAAALEASE
Old 04-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #323
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Nice tags on this thread. Quitters.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #324
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

CARLISLE IS A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!! He played a craaappppy lineup and tricked Minnesota UNTIL IT WAS WINNING TIME!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #325
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

i dont care how we got the win we did a win is a win
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #326
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

And if people go back and look at my posts, I don't care. I thought they would certainly lose down by 5 with a couple of minutes left.

It is infuriating why Carlisle goes away what works with the Mavs. What works with the Mavs is playing Dirk + Damp. Keep them on the damn floor. The only reason Damp should be sittin' is if he is in foul trouble.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #327
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
boy do we suck w/out jho
This Mavs team sucks WITH Josh, just less.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #328
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
CARLISLE IS A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!! He played a craaappppy lineup and tricked Minnesota UNTIL IT WAS WINNING TIME!
that was it
Old 04-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #329
tcat075
Diamond Member

dam mavs didnt meet vbookie
Old 04-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #330
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
What's the fun in watching basketball if you all you can think about is negative things after a last second game winner? I mean, holy crap..
my stream was crappy in the end so I missed most of the last 25 seconds. I'm glad we won but this was ugly in a lot of ways and we have to thank Dirk for even keeping us anywhere near the wolves and terry to heat up in the 4th.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #331
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pth View Post
This Mavs team sucks WITH Josh, just less.
they look good at times, ie utah and phoenix
Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #332
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

i almost didn't watch the last 3 minutes or check the score, because I knew I'd be too upset to study if we lost.

All is good in mavs nation tonight!

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #333
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
my stream was crappy in the end so I missed most of the last 25 seconds. I'm glad we won but this was ugly in a lot of ways and we have to thank Dirk for even keeping us anywhere near the wolves and terry to heat up in the 4th.
same here, i hope they upload the highlights to nba.com quickly
Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #334
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
boy do we suck w/out jho
After teams are eliminated from playoffs, they just play on another level to play as a spoiler. Just look at the games last week. A lot of playoff teams losing to bottom feeders. Plus we were on a 2nd night of back to back.
I think how tonight's game went was expected and in no way indicates that we suck. But you are right, we do need JHo
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #335
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRookie View Post
After teams are eliminated from playoffs, they just play on another level to play as a spoiler. Just look at the games last week. A lot of playoff teams losing to bottom feeders. Plus we were on a 2nd night of back to back.
I think how tonight's game went was expected and in no way indicates that we suck. But you are right, we do need JHo
I understand.

I am not freaked out by this. I saw how we played against NOH, Utah, and Phoenix. We've played the playoff teams good recently. Not always won, but we've played good.

There aren't going to be any crappy Minnesota teams in the playoffs. If there were, maybe this game would concern me. But strange as it may sound, it seems like all I really care about is how we play playoff teams.

I just wanted a win. I don't give a crap that it was a buzzer beater. Actually, I'm not disapointed in this team's effort or play. I'd disapointed Dirk couldn't get any rest.

I don't htink struggling to beat Minnesota means we automatically get swept in the playoffs. That's all.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #336
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I understand.

I am not freaked out by this. I saw how we played against NOH, Utah, and Phoenix. We've played the playoff teams good recently. Not always won, but we've played good.

There aren't going to be any crappy Minnesota teams in the playoffs. If there were, maybe this game would concern me. But strange as it may sound, it seems like all I really care about is how we play playoff teams.

I just wanted a win. I don't give a crap that it was a buzzer beater. Actually, I'm not disapointed in this team's effort or play. I'd disapointed Dirk couldn't get any rest.

I don't htink struggling to beat Minnesota means we automatically get swept in the playoffs. That's all.
The only way you get upset at this point is if you lose. You've got the right vantage point with this.

Win by 1 or 2...or 20, I don't care. Just f'n win.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #337
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Ugly win but still a win!!!!

Thank you JET for that clutch shot! Thank you Dirk for the game long brilliance. Thank you Kidd for the timely steal. Thank you Damp for the great defense/rebounding and clutch steal.

Go Mavs!!!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #338
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he only way you get upset at this point is if you lose. You've got the right vantage point with this.
Yep. A fan, player or team has got to take the Fast and the Furious motto on winning:

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #339
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

What annoys me most this season is the how good the Mavs aren't and how bad they aren't. I can accept a suck ass team (did it for 11 years). I loved the decade or so run they had. I don't want them to be another Clippers/Bullets (Wizards)/Twolves. Good enough to be in the playoffs, and get mid-level 1st round picks every year, and just be mediocre. The only place to go when you are mediocre is mediocre. You need to either be really good or really suck in the NBA. Otherwise, you are just treading water.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #340
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

Wow!! That was too close for comfort. I was hoping to get an easy win and be rested for Houston. Both New Orleans and Dallas looked real flat tonight after their game yesterday. Good thing we were playing a crappy team. Even a decent team would have ran us out the building. If we show up like this on Wed, we will lose by 30 easily. But good win, though! This loss would have seriously ruined the season and the whole 3 good wins of last week against good teams.

Did not like small ball at all. I hated it when Nelly did it, too. It does not work with these players. I'm not a Damp fan but he is a factor and you can't deny that. Barea is so frustrating to watch. I think he will be an achilles heel in the playoffs against good teams. I would not trust him one bit after what I saw tonight. Kidd better shape up, too for the next game and playoffs.

At least I can rest easier tonight.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #341
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
It is infuriating why Carlisle goes away what works with the Mavs. What works with the Mavs is playing Dirk + Damp. Keep them on the damn floor. The only reason Damp should be sittin' is if he is in foul trouble.
I definitely agree with this for the most part, but even if Rick did that for most of the game, it doesn't solve the problem if the minutes when Damp needs to rest. I suppose Hollins can be the stop-gap, but he only sporadically gets any burn.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #342
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

God, this is fun.

GO MAVS!

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:30 AM   #343
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Nice tags on this thread. Quitters.
Evidence that twitter signals the end of civilization.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #344
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

wow, after lookin at tags first, then some posts, then subject of the game review, i finally see (after having a hreat attack and coming back out of it and having it again!) that we friggin won by 2.

dont kno what happened at all, im tryin to review posts now to see what happened and get an idea. now time to look at box score. WOW...well we won right? thats good then...heres some rep but im sorry i didn't join ya'll tonight. tax time, and late night at work...

but we won

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L

xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #345
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Gimmie my money.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bring on the lakers!, gdt 08/09, i added a tag, i lost my vcash, i'm so cool, incredible loss, minnesota timberwolves, of course they blow it., premature etagulation?, premature tags!, still alive, we lost by -2!, what? tags said we lost