Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice
Default My Official Mavs' prayer .....Print it out and hang it up in your home

December 14, 2007
Prayer for Maverick
By -------------------
Dear God,
I haven’t asked you for much over the years, but I come to you today to ask a special favor.
I know that the favors you grant are few and far between, so up till now I’ve been content to let you do your work without my input. And you have been kind over the years.
You gave us Mark Aguirre, Rolando Blackman, and Derek Harper. You gave us Roy Tarpley (for a while anyway, before you took him away). That cast made it to Game Seven of the Western Conference Finals. I wanted to ask you for a win that day, but I assumed you had already chosen the Lakers’ side.
Through your infinite Wisdom, you forced us to suffer through the 1990’s. Though we didn’t know it at the time, we needed that experience. We needed to strengthen our commitment to the team, to fully appreciate the forgiveness and humility required of true fans.
You saw that we had suffered long enough, and then you granted us the Three J’s. In our foolishness and ungratefulness, we sinned against you. Intoxicated by our newfound richness, we became arrogant and unappreciative. We were undeserving of such a gift, and so you took the Three J’s away and punished us again.
You could have banished us from basketball heaven for good, but through deep love and grace you delivered us our savior: Michael Finley. You granted us an unproven point guard from Canada, and he flourished here. You sent a seven-foot marksman from Germany to assist in the cause. You showered us with the riches of Mark Cuban.
You watched your children grow, and you helped them out along the way. You gave Calvin Booth a miracle. You granted Jason Terry game-breaking ability for a few short weeks. You guided us once again to the Promised Land that is the NBA Finals.
When the big German injured his ankle, we turned our backs against you. We felt that you had let us down. And so you saddled us with Marquis Daniels.
You could have made it even worse, but in your infinite grace you still protected your children. You gave us Josh Howard and Devin Harris. You gave us Small Ball. You gave us a chance.
Thank you so much, Dear God, for the gifts you have given. And now, may I ask of you a favor. Will you please be with Dirk and the Mavs tonight? Will you please grant them the strength they need to defeat their enemies? Please, Dear God, if you could just grant this one little wish. If you could just do this one little thing for us.
Because I want to BEAT THE New Orleans Hornets’ ASS!!!
Amen
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

that is f*cking awesome, and i am going to copy and paste it and print it out and hang it on my office.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
that is f*cking awesome, and i am going to copy and paste it and print it out and hang it on my office.
Feel free... every mavs fans deserves to hang this up
Old 12-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

update, i printed it out and hung it up AND i told my coworker that i wrote it. Thank you for your hard work in making it..because i just stole it. Either way..its genius.

SUCKERS!!!!!!

EDIT: go mavs. and go Batman

Last edited by MavsX; 12-14-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #5
skylive321

Behold, my prayer came true..
Old 12-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

your welcome

God.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

bump
Old 04-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

everybody read this prayer and print it out, so we can win tuesday night! DO IT
Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

is anybody on glocktalk.com ?

Last edited by MavsX; 02-06-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #10
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

lol...X loves this thread.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #11
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylive321 View Post
December 14, 2007
Prayer for Maverick
By -------------------
Dear God,
I haven’t asked you for much over the years, but I come to you today to ask a special favor.
I know that the favors you grant are few and far between, so up till now I’ve been content to let you do your work without my input. And you have been kind over the years.
You gave us Mark Aguirre, Rolando Blackman, and Derek Harper. You gave us Roy Tarpley (for a while anyway, before you took him away). That cast made it to Game Seven of the Western Conference Finals. I wanted to ask you for a win that day, but I assumed you had already chosen the Lakers’ side.
Through your infinite Wisdom, you forced us to suffer through the 1990’s. Though we didn’t know it at the time, we needed that experience. We needed to strengthen our commitment to the team, to fully appreciate the forgiveness and humility required of true fans.
You saw that we had suffered long enough, and then you granted us the Three J’s. In our foolishness and ungratefulness, we sinned against you. Intoxicated by our newfound richness, we became arrogant and unappreciative. We were undeserving of such a gift, and so you took the Three J’s away and punished us again.
You could have banished us from basketball heaven for good, but through deep love and grace you delivered us our savior: Michael Finley. You granted us an unproven point guard from Canada, and he flourished here. You sent a seven-foot marksman from Germany to assist in the cause. You showered us with the riches of Mark Cuban.
You watched your children grow, and you helped them out along the way. You gave Calvin Booth a miracle. You granted Jason Terry game-breaking ability for a few short weeks. You guided us once again to the Promised Land that is the NBA Finals.
When the big German injured his ankle, we turned our backs against you. We felt that you had let us down. And so you saddled us with Marquis Daniels.
You could have made it even worse, but in your infinite grace you still protected your children. You gave us Josh Howard and Devin Harris. You gave us Small Ball. You gave us a chance.
Thank you so much, Dear God, for the gifts you have given. And now, may I ask of you a favor. Will you please be with Dirk and the Mavs tonight? Will you please grant them the strength they need to defeat their enemies? Please, Dear God, if you could just grant this one little wish. If you could just do this one little thing for us.
Because I want to BEAT THE New Orleans Hornets’ ASS!!!
Amen

As a father, I couldn't be more proud. They say don't let you sons be spur fans. Well, folks skylive is my son, and yes I raised him to be a MAVS fan. Hell, he's become an obsessed MAVS fan. He was part of this forum and I think he mentioned that the ADMINISTRATORS, yes whoever they are, disabled his account. Anyways, I had never actually seen any of his posts, as I joined well after he left for college and never logged on anymore. MAVX thanks, for digging this great post up. You made me happy tonight.

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 02-07-2009 at 12:01 AM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:21 AM   #12
mavsgirl56

mavsgirl56 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsgirl56 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsgirl56 has a spectacular aura about

OMG...What a LONG WINDED prayer/poem/whateveritwas! Couldn't get through it dude.
mavsgirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #13
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I think we just need more bagheads.

Bagheads and people who can start a friggin' gameday thread the right way. And of course some hookers wouldn't hurt either.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #14
MavsX
Diamond Member

you're welcome man