Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #81
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Josh is playing with high energy and the best he can (which he should at all times) so he doesn't get traded. He may very well go back to being his lazy self after the trade deadline passes if he's still a Mav.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #82
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Just not sure where Green can get minutes unless we take Barea out of the rotation and Terry plays some backup point.

48 PG minutes occupied by Kidd/Barea, Terry/J-Ho/Wright occupying the 96 2/3 minutes... and Bass/Dirk/Damp occupying the 96 4/5 minutes... with sprinkles of Singleton/Hollins here and there + George (which I'd prefer to be Green!)
I just feel that we need another scorer and Green already proved that he can score, if we could just build him up a little bit I know in the playoffs Green could give us a spark. But its alright though if they decide to bury Green on the bench, just don't be suprised if he doesn't come back next season.

And on a seperate note this team is going to get killed in the playoffs. Sorry to ruin the party but its the truth. We only have TWO reliant scorers in Dirk and Jet, everybody else is either one dimensional or streaky.If you really think a starting lineup of Kidd, Wright, Howard, Dirk and Damp is going to do well in the playoffs wait till reality strikes in a few months. We should have traded Josh for Wallace or Butler when we had the chance but it seems there were only a few people aside from me that thought that kind of trade wouldn't be "lateral".
Old 02-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #83
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I would like to get Mike Conley Jr here myself, but would only give up Stack + scraps really. ... I love how we have been playing, but we would have to entertain a deal involving Kidd for Baron Davis & Camby. Or a Howard for Gerald Wallace deal. Stack + scraps for Jamall Tinsley would be good as well. They want to get rid of him pronto..
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #84
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
My lord....did they actually call a foul on dampier for that!!!!! Unbelievable...I thought the refs were atrocious at the end of the 3rd/4th periods but that's ridiculous.
Copied the stat-line from the game:

9:12 Nelson Jump Shot: Missed
9:11 Team Rebound
Dampier Foul:Loose Ball (3 PF) 9:11
9:11 Nelson Substitution replaced by Johnson

Nothing more to say...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #85
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

No, I dont feel this is it. Any team can string together a three game winning streak during any given season. I like that the losing teams are averaging 94, and this last win was a quality one. But this season isn't on a track until we have like 8 out of 10 streaks. They can easily lose the next two games. I'll need to see sustained improvement.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #86
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
I would like to get Mike Conley Jr here myself, but would only give up Stack + scraps really. ... I love how we have been playing, but we would have to entertain a deal involving Kidd for Baron Davis & Camby. Or a Howard for Gerald Wallace deal. Stack + scraps for Jamall Tinsley would be good as well. They want to get rid of him pronto..
Doesn't Wallace has a punctured lung?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #87
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

It's not the three game winning streak. It's they way they're playing in earning the wins, particularly on offense. It's very encouraging, even if there are still issues that need to be addressed and big questions to be answered as the trade deadline approaches.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #88
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Copied the stat-line from the game:

9:12 Nelson Jump Shot: Missed
9:11 Team Rebound
Dampier Foul:Loose Ball (3 PF) 9:11
9:11 Nelson Substitution replaced by Johnson

Nothing more to say...
Foul for being big.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #89
Danny Boi

Danny Boi will become famous soon enough

Although I have been pretty down on the mavericks lately, I like the way they're playing the last couple of games. These guy are only like 2 games removed from the 3rd or 4th seed and are looking like good contenders come playoff time. I know some people might think i'm crazy but i've seen crazier things (see Rays in World Series, Cardinals in Superbowl, and Celtics going from worst to first)
Danny Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #90
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Basketball isnt like baseball or football though, teams dont just get hot in the postseason
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #91
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Basketball isnt like baseball or football though, teams dont just get hot in the postseason
You make a fair point. Although teams have the ability to start warming up around the All-Star break and finish the regular season strong to make a push in the playoffs - a la Spurs. I think this is a perfect time for the Mavs to start showing us what they're really made of, if anything at all.

Go Mavs!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #92
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Contrary to the Avery years, I actually think this team is predicated on playing good defense. What are we averaging, 100+? and that's with Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse out for a large portion of the season. During the Avery years, we had trouble adjusting on the offensive end because of elementary and primitive schemes. Although that problem has not completely vacated, we have one of the most creative point guards in the game who have done a fantastic job alleviating it. Our most glaring weakness, IMO, is at the defensive end... especially when we can't string a couple stops in a row because teams tend to score in BUNCHES against us and it continues to snowball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
I just feel that we need another scorer and Green already proved that he can score, if we could just build him up a little bit I know in the playoffs Green could give us a spark. But its alright though if they decide to bury Green on the bench, just don't be suprised if he doesn't come back next season.

And on a seperate note this team is going to get killed in the playoffs. Sorry to ruin the party but its the truth. We only have TWO reliant scorers in Dirk and Jet, everybody else is either one dimensional or streaky.If you really think a starting lineup of Kidd, Wright, Howard, Dirk and Damp is going to do well in the playoffs wait till reality strikes in a few months. We should have traded Josh for Wallace or Butler when we had the chance but it seems there were only a few people aside from me that thought that kind of trade wouldn't be "lateral".
In a nutshell, I just don't buy that. We are doing more than fine scoring the ball... it's been our defense that has been inconsistent IMHO.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #93
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't know what to think at this point. I finally took the plunge and posted my long "State of the Mavs" in which I admitted that I was ready for the team to be torn down. Now...who knows?

I'm fairly doubtful that simply giving Kidd the keys to the play calling is going to have this large of an impact long term..but who knows?

As far as how it affects things at the trade deadline...I think this removes any possibility of the Mavs trading Josh unless they get an incredible no brainer. So now I think they're back to trying to see what they can get for, say, Stack and maybe Bass.

Kidd was never going to be traded at the deadline because they want his cap space in 2010. There is almost no chance Kidd gets a four year deal because teams are keeping space open for 2010, and a four year deal for Kidd will trigger the special over-36 contract restrictions.

There's no way Cubes makes the short term gamble on the Devin deal and then hedges his bets by trading Kidd before this season's deadline. Just don't see that happening.
Like mac222b mentioned, our current winning streak and standing in the western conference makes it a little easier to negotiate any possible trades. We’re no longer looking as desperate as we did when we were in 9th place, and could at least make other GMs believe that we don’t have to make changes at all cost to even make it to the playoffs. We’re not where we want to be, however, we’re not in desperation mode either. That’s a comfortable starting position.

As far as our last three games are concerned, I just don’t think that they have a huge effect on the big picture. We’re still no contenders, and to believe that more freedom on the court for an inspiring Jason Kidd, who is just a joy to watch, and the morale boost of adding DA to the coaching staff will help us beat the Celtics or Cavaliers from now on in a 7-game series seems somewhat unrealistic. After all, that’s what we want to achieve.

I do believe that we have the potential to beat any opponent, but we have to be consistent as a team. Besides our defense, consistency has been this team’s biggest weakness for quite some time, and I don’t expect it to change. Hopefully, a few impressive wins don’t influence the FO’s judgement to the extent that they come to the conclusion that we can try to win the big one again with the current roster and just “like our team”.

Quite frankly, I don’t know which moves would make most sense and help us become a contender again. Stack, Bass, Josh, and Kidd appear to be the most likely candidates for possible trades. I would be willing to trade them if the respective deals were promising.

In regards to Kidd, I don’t want to see him go, but he could really get us some nice pieces in return. Additionally, I’m a little scared that he could be offered a 2-year deal by the Lakers after this season and take it, even if it wasn’t the most lucrative contract. A line-up of Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Bryant, and Kidd seems unbeatable and alluring on paper, especially to a guy like Kidd who has made more money than he can spend and wants to cap off his career with a ring.

By the way, Josh has indeed been looking good and upbeat recently. Did anyone see him grin from ear to ear after JET finished that tough layup against Orlando? Still, I don’t trust him either, even though I would like to.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #94
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Isn't it funny that we're all talking about how energetic, upbeat, and focused Josh has seemed on the court....

While his scoring totals are way down?

But the guy seems to fit into what's going on more when he's not forcing it and trying to score. I would be totally happy with Josh Howard getting 14ppg.... but he needs to get his rebounds up. If he can give you 14/8 playing like he, then you have something. But last game he was more like... 14/4? No good. Need more from him while at the same time maintaining the flow, focus, and energy he has displayed recently.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #95
hinzundkunz

hinzundkunz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Sometimes I'm asking myself if the writers in the NBA even watch the game before writing a story about it. They wrote that Nelson was fouled by Dampier when he injured his shoulder -> Link. Here it's clearly visible that he stepped on the ball and thus he hit the ground -> Link. That was definitely not a foul (he didn't even touch him), although the refs called it. Well, we won, thus I don't care anymore about the call, but it's sometimes weird to read those stories.
Agree, and this one is even worse, as the guy attributes the foul to a collision.
Apparently he neither watched the game nor the highlights before writing the recap. I kind of like the headline, though.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....12f50b0d.html

Quote:

Dallas Mavericks whip up some Magic in Orlando, 105-95
Orlando point guard Jameer Nelson dislocated his right shoulder after a collision with Erick Dampier in the third quarter and left the game. There's a strong possibility the injury will force him to miss next week's All-Star Game. "I don't remember hitting [Dampier] and what he did, if he grabbed my arm or whatever," Nelson said. "I'm quite sure that he didn't do it intentionally to pop my shoulder out."
hinzundkunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:10 AM   #96
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"I don't remember hitting [Dampier] and what he did, if he grabbed my arm or whatever," Nelson said. "I'm quite sure that he didn't do it intentionally to pop my shoulder out."
Nope, your dumb ass just stepped on the ball (but don't let the national sports writers know - it might expose the fact that they never actually watch Mavs games!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #97
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Nope, your dumb ass just stepped on the ball (but don't let the national sports writers know - it might expose the fact that they never actually watch Mavs games!)
That sounded like a weird thing to say. Would Nelson lie that blatantly to cover for the refs on a play with no contact? I looked at the play a couple more times (thanks sportstudi), and their actually is contact, before Nelson falls down. He gets his arms tangled up with Dampier a bit. That's when he seems to do something to it. He drops the arm awkwardly and starts to go down, stepping on the ball in the process. The thing is, Damp is grabbing the rebound when Nelson comes in and tangles their arms, creating the loose ball. The foul could easily be called on Nelson.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 02-04-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #98
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
That sounded like a weird thing to say. Would Nelson lie that blatantly to cover for the refs on a play with no contact? I looked at the play a couple more times (thanks sportstudi), and their actually is contact, before Nelson falls down. He gets his arms tangled up with Dampier a bit. That's when he seems to do something to it. He drops the arm awkwardly and starts to go down, stepping on the ball in the process. The thing is, Damp is grabbing the rebound when Nelson comes in and tangles their arms, creating the loose ball. The foul could easily be called on Nelson.
This is where the nba says a big FU to it's customers. Instead of clarifying the bad (or good call) they ignore it...po'ing at least on segment of the fandom and it's players.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #99
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
Right. It didn't happen on the fall to the floor. It happened when Nelson banged into Damp.

It was a ridiculous foul call.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #100
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

At least they didn't suspend Dampier or anything.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #101
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
At least they didn't suspend Dampier or anything.
yet.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #102
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Right. It didn't happen on the fall to the floor. It happened when Nelson banged into Damp.

It was a ridiculous foul call.
If I remember correctly, the whistle was late, too. It was as if the ref thought to himself, "uh oh, a star is down. I have to call something now." And yeah, another FU to everyone who enjoys basketball. It's another sign that they'd rather have fans' money than have fans.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #103
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Orlando is an easy team to defend, allow Howard to get his 20-10 and keep the others from going off.

I'd really like to see Howard move for say Salmons and a chip. Stackhouse moved for Miller. I think that would give you a nice 3 man rotation at the wing along with Terry. Salmons can actually run the offense with Kidd resting. Miller spreads the floor for cutters and drivers.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #104
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

It was clear an offensive foul by Nelson.

Damp (standing!) had the ball around his hips and pulled his hands with the ball up to secure it over his head. Nelson comes with speed from the side going for the steal and the moment he stripes the ball out of Damps hands he also bump hard from the side into Damps arm. Hello offensive foul...

Last edited by sefant77; 02-04-2009 at 03:47 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #105
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
It was clear an offensive foul by Nelson.

Damp (standing!) had the ball around his hips and pulled his hands with the ball up to secure it over his head. Nelson comes with speed from the side going for the steal and the moment he stripes the ball out of Damps hands he also bump hard from the side into Damps arm. Hello offensive foul...
It's kind of hard to commit an offensive foul when your team doesn't have possession...

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 02-04-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #106
MavericksFan5912

MavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Doesn't Wallace has a punctured lung?
Yes. Andrew Bynum broke Gerald Wallace's rib and collapsed his lung by giving him a dirty elbow to the chest on a drive that G. Wallace made... it was really, really un-called for. A week later, Bynum blows out his knee and is done for 8-12 weeks.

Karma, anyone?

MavericksFan5912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #107
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

How long does a collapsed lung sit you out? is he done for the year? Or expected back?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #108
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
It's kind of hard to commit an offensive foul when your team doesn't have possession...
lol, too long day at uni. Of course it cant be anymore an offensive foul.

Well, it was a foul by Nelson then

Wallace is expected to be back after the ASG

Last edited by sefant77; 02-04-2009 at 04:45 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #109
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
How long does a collapsed lung sit you out? is he done for the year? Or expected back?
Right now 2 weeks+.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #110
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't it.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #111
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

BG, your karma is coming back to haunt us all.

fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:46 AM   #112
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
BG, your karma is coming back to haunt us all.

If you don't like it...

Go find another BG to like. I hear basketballgirl is looking for takers.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #113
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
If you don't like it...

Go find another BG to like. I hear basketballgirl is looking for takers.
fluid and bball girl... they would make a pretty good match

just kidding just kidding!

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #114
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
fluid and bball girl... they would make a pretty good match

just kidding just kidding!
You joined after BBgirl was banned...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hope?