Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-28-2001, 04:22 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Since the Cowboys are pretty screwed at qb, should they go after Flutie? As much as I respect Aikman, I really hope he hangs 'em up sometime soon.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2001, 04:36 PM   #2
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Flutie in a Cowboys uniform?? The sheer thought makes me sick...
Old 02-28-2001, 04:58 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I agree, Troy needs to retire. There's no doubt he still got the talent to play but his family is more important.

As for Flutie. Don't really care to see him in a Cowboys uniform.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 05:09 PM   #4
Hales233
Golden Member

75% of ESPN voters think the Bills should have kept Flutie...I'm one of them. I'm so sick of hearing about his age and size...the guy's heart is as big as a lion, something you can't account for.
Old 02-28-2001, 05:59 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

ESPN is reporting that the Chargers are going to release Ryan Leaf tomorrow. I would mind giving him a shot.

Old 02-28-2001, 06:04 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

You'd give Leaf a shot but not Flutie? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2001, 07:48 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yeah. Leaf has alot of talent and is much younger. Don't know how old Flutie is but he's on the back end of his career.

There had been rumors several weeks ago the Cowboys were going to trade Aikman to the Chargers for Leaf. I didn't by it but now that the Cowboys could get Leaf for nothing, why not give him a shot. If Troy doesn't retire then Leaf could be his back up and possibly be ready to take over as starter for next year.

Old 02-28-2001, 07:59 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

John Rocker's pretty talented too, but I wouldn't sign his ass if he were available [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You've got a point on the age thing, but I still can't stand Leaf. The guy has so much talent, but he's blown every opportunity he's been given to turn around his career and rep. He's as thankless and non-deserving as they come imo.
Old 02-28-2001, 08:12 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

That's kinda what I'm saying. Give him a year to play and learn behind one of the best QB's in history and maybe he can get things straighten out.

Old 03-02-2001, 08:17 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

The Bucs picked up Leaf on Friday.
Old 03-02-2001, 09:43 PM   #11
Hales233
Golden Member

Horrible move by the Bucs IMO
Old 03-02-2001, 10:40 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

It's a risky move but I like it. He's better then that King(I think that's his name) guy.

Old 03-07-2001, 03:52 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

It finally happened..the Cowboys waived Aikman today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm sorry to see him go like this, but it's definitely the right move for the Cowboys. They made two steps in the right direction today (re-signing Coakley being the other one).

Link: Cowboys cut ties with Aikman
Old 03-07-2001, 03:56 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I just saw that too. I hope he retires now.

And I'm soooo glad they resigned Dexter. He's my favorite player.

Old 03-07-2001, 04:02 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

Who's going to be our QB now? Is Cunningham going to re-sign? I also hear Banks is a possibility.
Old 03-07-2001, 04:15 PM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Good question. I guess Leaf is out of the question now so can't get him. I don't particulary like the sound of Banks being the QB either. Guess we'll see what happens.

Old 03-07-2001, 04:38 PM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

We should take a gamble on Leaf... Aikman prevented us from aquiring Kerry Collins a couple of years back, and I would like to see someone better than a converted DB or Cunningham as our starter next year... We have got a couple of years of rebuilding ahead of us anyway, so why not take a chance- it shouldn't hurt us in the standings...
Old 03-09-2001, 10:51 AM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

hmmmm.....wonder if Troy would be happy about being a backup. The Chargers signed Doug Flutie today. That leaves NO open starting QB jobs in the NFL.

Chargers Sign Flutie

Old 03-09-2001, 10:58 AM   #19
djb
Administrator

What about the Chiefs?
Old 03-09-2001, 11:11 AM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

There on the verge of trading for Trent Green(Rams). Or so I've read.

Old 03-10-2001, 12:53 AM   #21
djb
Administrator

You just might get your wish guys. Looks like the Cowboys are interested in signing Leaf if the Buc release him.

Link: Replacing a legend?
Old 03-11-2001, 06:05 PM   #22
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

btw, it looks like the Chiefs might sign Aikman after all. Atleast there having talks about it.

Old 03-27-2001, 09:43 AM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Banks it is. 1 year deal. Looks like this is going to be a looooong season [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Banks a Cowboy