Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all
Default Mavs @ Magic 6:00PM CST 02/02/09 (7:00PM EST)

I didn't see a GDT and its past noon, so I thought I'll start one. I've never done one before so if we lose, I'll take the traditional blame.

Mavericks (27-19) at Magic (36-10)

The Magic have have won three straight games and 13 of the last 14 home games. They also shoot a league best over 40% from threes, which would be a tough challenge for Mavs as their worst losses of the season have been catalyzed by opponents shooting a high percentage from downtown. Magic are also on the second night of back to back but are 6-1 for the season in such situations.

The Mavs have won last two games with authority, after getting embarrassed by Boston. It's an important game for them as they fight to gain some consistency this season as well as improve their abysmal record against elite teams. Should be a good one

Go Mavs!
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

GO MAVS!

GO DEFENSE

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Feb 2, 2009
Dallas @ Orlando--J. Crawford; D. Collins; S. Corbin

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

It will be a tough test, no doubt. Hopefully our perimeter defense will be better than against Milwaukee, otherwise we will get busted.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Dwight is going to get his regardless of what we do to try and stop him. I'd like to see us focus more on the perimeter rather than focusing too much on Superman.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Orlando has been playing just about the best ball in the league. I hope our DA and Kidd mojo will snag us a win here.

go mavericks
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

[QUOTE=fluid.forty.one;960054]Orlando has been playing just about the best ball in the league. I hope our DA and Kidd mojo will snag us a win here.

go mavericks[/QUOTE

would be a miracle
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Mavs show me what you're made of.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

If Damp does not reach and pick up silly fouls early in the game, I'm going to go out on the limb and say Dwight will shoot less than 50 percent and score less than 20 points.

The key to this game is to not allow open looks from behind the arc. If they make it with a hand in the face, then we have to hand it to them. But if Lewis, Hedo, Jameer, and company are jacking up shots that are contested, then we'll take their biggest threat out of the game in Dwight "superman" Howard.

I think Kidd will do a great job on Jameer since he's more of a jumpshooter and doesn't attack (those are the guards that get us in trouble, well gets everyone in trouble).

We also have to keep their bench in check, Courtney Lee and Pietrus have played extremely well as of late so our trio of Terry, Bass, and Singleton will be huge in this game.

Speaking of which, I want to see more minutes from Singleton and less from Barea. Let JET be the primary backup point guard and have Bass and/or Singleton out there for scrappyness and rebounding. Sidenote, who knew Singleton has that kind of range eh?

I want to see smart shots from Josh, Dirk to attack, and Wright to stay in front of Hedo. I would Wright on Hedo and Josh on Rashard because Hedo has the ball in his hands more and IMO, Wright is the more consistent on ball defender. Plus, Howard at his best is when he's in the passing lanes deflecting passes, creating havoc, and helping from the weakside. The last two games have seen the Josh Howard of old come to the forefront. By old, I mean the Josh Howard BEFORE the All-star game where he was all hustle and heart, and he didn't worry about scoring points.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #10
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

Bring it on Dwight Howard! LETS GO MAVS!
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd is going to look young again tonight with more freedom in calling the shots. Go Mavericks! (Yes, I know that was cheezy)

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post

Speaking of which, I want to see more minutes from Singleton and less from Barea. Let JET be the primary backup point guard and have Bass and/or Singleton out there for scrappyness and rebounding. Sidenote, who knew Singleton has that kind of range eh?

I'm not quite ready to give up on JJB yet. I'm willing to admit that his string of success is not his normal playing level but I still think he can contribute in a big way. I especially like JET not having to worry about orchestrating the ball movement on offense, and instead just focusing on scoring. Its also not like trading JJB for JET changes much on D.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #13
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Should realistically be a game where the Mavs may be able to keep it in single digits at the half, but then just get overwhelmed by their firepower and lose by 27.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #14
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

this is gonna be a blowout !
Old 02-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #15
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

damn, i thought this game was tomorrow. I have been writing 2-1-09 on my notes today. oops...
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #16
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

I have good feelings for this game. 2nd night of back to backs, no matter how good the Magic have been at them this season, are always killer. Im going to say Dirk's hot shooting continues tonight and the Mavs roll. 108-97.

Oh and I don't know if this is a good or bad sign, but I recently adopted a black cat and named him Jet. So I hope it helps
Old 02-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #17
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
If Damp does not reach and pick up silly fouls early in the game, I'm going to go out on the limb and say Dwight will shoot less than 50 percent and score less than 20 points.
The thought of Dirk or Bass on Dwight makes the mavfan in me want to cry.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #18
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Damp did a good job on Dwight last time IMO.

Remember earlier in the year when the Mavs were 1st in OPP 3PT FG%? I thought it was a fluke stat, and it turns out it was as Mavs opponents are now shooting 36.6% from behind the arc.

Gotta protect the god damn three point line tonight or else the Magic can literally put up 120-130 on us.

This is a very important game IMO. The reason we aren't very good this year? because we have a 1-10 record against the top 7 records in the NBA. If you can't beat the good teams, you aren't a good team yourself.

LETS BREAK SOME TRENDS TONIGHT BABY.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #19
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

What time does the game start tonight?
Old 02-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #20
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Is this on TXA21 or FSN?
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #21
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
What time does the game start tonight?
Game time is in the thread title
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #22
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

any streaming links on this game guys?
Old 02-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #23
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Just like Saturday, DWade got his, Howard will get his, just don't let Pietrus, Lewis or Hedo go off on us.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #24
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Any links, guys ?
Old 02-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #25
dissentkid

dissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Any links, guys ?
albaa as usual

GAME LINK

if i find some more i'll post em
dissentkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #26
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

GAME LINK

DALLAS - ORLANDO
Old 02-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #27
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

TY!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 02-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #28
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

javascript:%

Last edited by GermanDunk; 02-02-2009 at 07:10 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #29
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Got to close out on 3 point shooters. They just have so many it is unreal.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #30
dissentkid

dissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the rough

wow.. i'm amazed by the quality of the stream
dissentkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #31
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentkid View Post
albaa as usual

GAME LINK

if i find some more i'll post em
weird, finally very good quality

Old 02-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #32
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk with the stroke...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #33
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd creating for himself close to the hoop?

That's different...

Old 02-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #34
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Go Mavs!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #35
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Nice start so far

Old 02-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #36
Underdog

Mavs are lookin' loose today...

Old 02-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #37
Underdog

Nice 3 by Wright!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #38
Underdog

Dammit - another missed alley-oop...

(I'm still aching to see someone throw one down...)

Old 02-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #39
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Hey honey bring me another drink and one for the Underdoggy ! Whatever he wants ! Rum or something stiff.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #40
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, you can't lay off on guys like Hedu.

Don't collapse in the paint on Howard...just stop everyone else. If Howard wants to keep shooting those line-drive hook shots, so be it.

Tags
gdt 08/09