Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #281
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

I havent been impressed with this team in who knows how long but tonight has finally made me re-think somewhat.
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #282
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I was massacred last week for saying, outside of the Lakers, Dallas can beat anyone in the West in a seven game series. Now, look at you guys! =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #283
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33 View Post
It got a little closer than I would have liked at the end of the game, but that was another impressive win for the Mavs. To go into Orlando and work your way to a 20 point lead and double digit type win is hard to do. When Dwight Howard is playing like he was tonight, it's even harder.

This Maverick offense is really clicking right now. I don't know if it's all because Kidd is calling the plays or not, but something has really turned for the better on that end of the floor.

Speaking of Jason Kidd, I thought he was fantastic again tonight. It really has felt like he's been able to make an even greater imprint of these games than usual the last week or so. I don't know if that coincidental or not.

Dirk is amazing. He's so good that we probably all take 30 for granted.

And it sure is nice to have 20 points every game coming off your bench. There's no one even close to Jet in the sixth man competition.

I thought Damp was really good tonight. I'm sure people will remember his alley-oop with Kidd, but he worked hard against Howard and did his job.

Bass and Hollins took turns too. Hollins couldn't stop fouling, and Bass had a little bit of trouble too, but I thought they did an admirable job considering the competition. That is a position that concerns me still though. What happens if you run into a big team in the playoffs?

I didn't see much of Josh in the fourth quarter, but I was in and out and trying to get some other things done. He didn't seem to shoot particularly well though. I still thought he looked pretty decent when I saw him in the first half.

Antoine Wright just continues to impress me and intrigue me. He's got a smoothness to his game that I like, and I really appreciate his defensive work. He did a great job against those perimeter threats tonight. And if he can continue to stick half of his open jumpers, he can really help this team.

But I'm really impressed with how this team has played in the last week. I hope they're finally starting to turn a corner. And I still think they can make another addition to this team to really give them a lift. I don't know if that's Stack coming back or someone else coming in via trade, but I think this team can get better.

Hollins had a few calls against him that made it really frustrating to watch. The most bs calls I have seen consecutively since the finals. Bass and Damp had a few bad calls on them too. The refs were anticipating too many calls on the drive and in the paint, it was pathetic.

I was happy with Jho's game overall. He is probably due for a few stinkers in a row now, but it wouldn't surprise me if he continues to play well just long enough to make it past the trade deadline still in a Mav uniform!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #284
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I was massacred last week for saying, outside of the Lakers, Dallas can beat anyone in the West in a seven game series. Now, look at you guys! =]
I wouldn't trust our perimeter defense CP3

Same with Parker/Ginobili

I do feel the gap between 2-9 is small though, but I still get an impression we're 6th or 7th best.

We'll see, hopefully we can keep this rolling ... next up Blazers.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #285
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I wouldn't trust our perimeter defense CP3

Same with Parker/Ginobili

I do feel the gap between 2-9 is small though, but I still get an impression we're 6th or 7th best.

We'll see, hopefully we can keep this rolling ... next up Blazers.
I'd trust it now on CP3 since he hurt his groin!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #286
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Old 02-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #287
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

NICE WIN!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #288
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Where Can I Download the Game tonight??

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:20 PM   #289
ghazi
Platinum Member

So the early results of Armstrong and Kidd's new found freedom are pretty good.

The past 3 games the Mavs offensive efficiency is 114.9, the defensive efficiency is 97.0.

So, we've played defense like the Celtics and offense like the Lakers, even if only for a 3 game stretch!

CHAMPIONSHIP! :-P
Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #290
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

about to watch this game right now (I was at work).

I'M SO PUMPED
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #291
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
about to watch this game right now (I was at work).

I'M SO PUMPED
online?

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #292
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That was such a BS call on Damp for his 6th foul. He held his ground and committed no foul.
This is one of my pet peeves with the nba. Howard just fouled the crap out of dampier when he bashed into him and damp stands with his hands up and gets called for a foul. Complete crapola. When snack was allowed to just push someone under the basket I quit watching the nba.

For the life of me I don't understand how refs can allow someone 260 pounds to be dislodged by the offensive guy.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #293
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

And Turkolu is under the basket and jumps back into bass and gets the call. I only watched this form the middle of the third on and that crew was pathetic.

From the 3 minute point on the reffing was pathetic...Bass is squared up and backing up, turkolu drives it right into him and gets the call. Wow...how bad can refs get.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #294
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
And Turkolu is under the basket and jumps back into bass and gets the call. I only watched this form the middle of the third on and that crew was pathetic.

From the 3 minute point on the reffing was pathetic...Bass is squared up and backing up, turkolu drives it right into him and gets the call. Wow...how bad can refs get.
A couple of those calls on Bass were just absolutely horrendous. A disaster of officiating in that 4th quarter, there.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #295
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess i missed a sexy game... damn UPS job.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #296
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
online?
NBA league pass Broadband. (they archive the games)
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #297
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I just re-watched some of the end. My god, it's not even basketball when the refs call it like that. Why bother to run sets or pass when you can just run at the basket as fast as you can and get a whistle if a defender gets near you?

Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #298
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I too was bombarded when I said that Dallas was a contender. I'll probably be massacred again after this post...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #299
LonghornDub

I think Dallas is a "contender" if contender spans beyond the Lakers/Celtics/Cavs group. Problem is, I wouldn't put any significant amount of money on any team besides one of those 3 to win the title.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:09 AM   #300
LonghornDub

*edit* Wrong thread.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-03-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:18 AM   #301
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dallas Mavericks picked poison and persevered

ORLANDO, Fla. – Dwight Howard punished the Mavericks for 35 points.

Dallas wouldn't have it any other way.

Orlando forces teams to choose. Do you double-team Howard in the low-post and let yourself be picked off by its outstanding 3-point shooters, or do you stay on those shooters and let Howard hammer away inside?

The Mavericks put their defensive emphasis on Orlando's host of long-range shooters. The result: A team that picks up an average of 30 points a game from behind the arc had just nine points this night, going 3-of-20.

"The idea is to play Dwight Howard straight up and use your size," Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said. "If you take the easy 3s out of their game, it's a step in the right direction."

Sound familiar? It's the same strategy the Mavericks often use against Tim Duncan and San Antonio. Don't give Erick Dampier any help inside, encourage the Spurs to force-feed Duncan and hope that keeps Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili from getting into rhythm.

This night, it worked against Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu.

"It kept those guys out of rhythm," Dampier said. "They were all standing around looking, trying to wait and see what he [Howard] was going to do.

"If Howard scores 30 and they lose, hey, we'll take it."
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.42622b4.html
Old 02-03-2009, 05:52 AM   #302
ghazi
Platinum Member

We got Portland on Wednesday. I think we should win this one. The Blazers won tonight v the Hornets going on a 42-19 run after CP3 went down, but this represented their 1st win in over 2 months against a +.500 team on the road and its a pretty cheap win considering the circumstances that allowed it to occur, so to lose to them would be disappointing IMO and spoil the current good taste in our collective mouths. So lets kick some JailBlazer ass
T
hen the Jazz on thursday, Deron may not play... AK and Boozer are out... they're deep and talented but its a back to back, but so what? Let's kick some Mormon ass.

Then we got Bulls/Queens, scrub teams, and we've already lost to both. IN general, good teams will not lose to the same scrub team twice in one season, especially at home... so lets kick some scrub ass.

Then we got the Celtics. The Celtics punked us a week ago, no way to spin it. If our team has any wherewithal, we will respond with a victory... I also think its a back to back for them.

So lets kick some Fake 3 ass as well.

LETS GO MAVS!

Last edited by ghazi; 02-03-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #303
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I said we'll finish 9-3 in February, I was right on the nose for November and December, but two games off in January. Let's see how February goes for me =]

Contact Me
Old 02-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #304
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I think Dallas is a "contender" if contender spans beyond the Lakers/Celtics/Cavs group. Problem is, I wouldn't put any significant amount of money on any team besides one of those 3 to win the title.

Yes, I think it depends on what one means by contender. I can see when folks talk about us contending to make the playoffs but I'm not sure thats what it means by definition. CONTENDER: a competitor for a championship or high honor <a heavyweight title contender>

We aren't really contenders for a title unless we play as well as we have recently and better. We beat GSW, Miami without marion, and Magic coming off a b2b, great wins but I say let it ride for a while see what happens.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #305
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I just re-watched some of the end. My god, it's not even basketball when the refs call it like that. Why bother to run sets or pass when you can just run at the basket as fast as you can and get a whistle if a defender gets near you?
I think the Refs are still as bad as they have ever been, if not worse. There is never a full game I watch where I don't slap my head in disbelief.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #306
alby
Guru

Quote:
I think the Refs are still as bad as they have ever been, if not worse. There is never a full game I watch where I don't slap my head in disbelief.
how often do you slap your head?

Contact Me
Old 02-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #307
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how often do you slap your head?
You should see what I do when Howard takes a step-back jumper.

Those are loong nights...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #308
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I smell a drinking game!

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-03-2009 at 07:09 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #309
alby
Guru

Quote:

Those are loong nights...
you should expand your horizons for those nights

instead of slapping your head after every Josh Howard bonehead play, you should get a tennis ball and throw it off the wall as hard as you can trying to hit your groin.

you know, something like that. something more painful because I'm sure you're head is used to all the slaps by now =]

after you turn into an expert with the tennis ball thing, let me know. i have plenty more ideas hehe

Contact Me
Old 02-04-2009, 06:46 AM   #310
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
you should expand your horizons for those nights

instead of slapping your head after every Josh Howard bonehead play, you should get a tennis ball and throw it off the wall as hard as you can trying to hit your groin.

you know, something like that. something more painful because I'm sure you're head is used to all the slaps by now =]

after you turn into an expert with the tennis ball thing, let me know. i have plenty more ideas hehe
Don't know why, but the "hehe" at the end doubled this post's scariness.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gdt 08/09