Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #41
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Well...I don't think that's an issue RIGHT NOW. It probably will be down the road, but the idea as I mentioned was for a one year deal.
Yeah, but I cant see Kidd signing for only one year at this point in his career. I think he can essentially hold us hostage for a 4yr deal knowing we have no other option at the PG slot. Thats my concern if we stand pat with his contract. An inflated contract for the next 4 yrs goes against everything we see Cuban doing to lower salary. So, I guess you would just hold out this season with Kidd's contract? Thats a tough one for me, but if I try to look at it from a business standpoint, I think I would have to move that contract for a couple of pieces.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 02-02-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #42
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Yeah, but I cant see Kidd signing for only one year at this point in his career. I think he can essentially hold us hostage for a 4yr deal knowing we have no other option at the PG slot. Thats my concern if we stand pat with his contract. An inflated contract for the next 4 yrs goes against everything we see Cuban doing to lower salary. So, I guess you would just hold out this season with Kidd's contract? Thats a tough one for me, but if I try to look at it from a business standpoint, I think I would have to move that contract for a couple of pieces.
That's probably why many people are suggesting the FO might actually be looking at PGs more than any other position for a trade. It's an insurance policy, bolsters the bench, or grooms a player...all of those work.

Kidd COULD do what you said, but I would be surprised if they went higher than 2 years.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #43
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't really see anyone signing a 36 year old point guard to a long term deal. Even if that PG is Jason Kidd.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #44
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
WHat "great" centers are out there anyway?

Teams dont give up "great" centers.
Exactly. And, so we don't do much at the trade deadline.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #45
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's probably why many people are suggesting the FO might actually be looking at PGs more than any other position for a trade. It's an insurance policy, bolsters the bench, or grooms a player...all of those work.

Kidd COULD do what you said, but I would be surprised if they went higher than 2 years.
Yeah, and maybe that Stack contract is where they will get there PG of the future? If so, who would you target?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #46
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Beating an Orlando team on the road is always a good thing. I don't care how cold they might've been. This was a good win against a very good team.

I'm not near ready to say that this win is the one that's gonna get the ball rolling though. This team just has been so inconsistent that it's absolutely impossible to tell. I'm just gonna take it one game at a time.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #47
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah, and maybe that Stack contract is where they will get there PG of the future? If so, who would you target?
Beno Udrih?
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #48
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're not going to get a PG of the future with Stack's deal alone, not unless you've completely robbed a team.

The obvious choice is the deal that was already mentioned by various sources local and national, Stack for Earl Watson.

I think you're honestly looking at a guy in Watson's range: very credible #2 and can carry the bench, can D up, and he can also move up and down the court pretty well (speed wise).
Old 02-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #49
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
You're not going to get a PG of the future with Stack's deal alone, not unless you've completely robbed a team.

The obvious choice is the deal that was already mentioned by various sources local and national, Stack for Earl Watson.

I think you're honestly looking at a guy in Watson's range: very credible #2 and can carry the bench, can D up, and he can also move up and down the court pretty well (speed wise).
I like Watson, but I am not for sure if he could lead our team if Kidd is gone. I still like the Kirk Hinrich/Hughes trade for Kidd this season. I just love Kirk game and I think he would be the perfect fit with Dirk and Jet. Three very good shooters on the floor at times would be crazy for the defense. I am not as hign on Hughes, but I think he would be better than any other starting SG we have for the next season, plus after next season his contract comes off the books. We could use his expiring contract next season or let it come off the books. If we look at Stack contract, I would like Andre Miller or get a package deal with Memphis to get Mike Conley here.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #50
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499 View Post
Beno Udrih?
Yeah, what do you think about Andre Miller? I like him, and they say he may be on the market.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #51
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, what do you think about Andre Miller? I like him, and they say he may be on the market.
Stack alone won't get Andre Miller.

I just don't see how you can sell how Kidd has taken control and then ship him out. Add to that, Kidd has been very very effective in these 3 games...and you ship him out. They have to be can't miss players if we're selling that now. Hinrich is nice, Hughes has a nice deal...but that's not enough for me.

There is going to be a major feeling out process when you change your point guard (we've seen that). You can't do that unless it's a can't miss move.

To me, the concern about Kidd leaving is just fear. I won't ship him out now for fear and money. If he was stinking, it's a different story, but he's not.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #52
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Stack alone won't get Andre Miller.

I just don't see how you can sell how Kidd has taken control and then ship him out. Add to that, Kidd has been very very effective in these 3 games...and you ship him out. They have to be can't miss players if we're selling that now. Hinrich is nice, Hughes has a nice deal...but that's not enough for me.

There is going to be a major feeling out process when you change your point guard (we've seen that). You can't do that unless it's a can't miss move.

To me, the concern about Kidd leaving is just fear. I won't ship him out now for fear and money. If he was stinking, it's a different story, but he's not.
Yeah, that is why I said from the business standpoint, you have to position yourself for the future. I just see Kidd holding us up for alot of money on an about 4yr deal to close out his career.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #53
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

i remember a certain 03-04 team had a 9 game win streak before the deadline, and that didn't workout well. DONT BE FOOLED MARK!
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #54
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
I don't think so. The Magic were atrocious behind the arc, when they are usually money there (I watched them take down the Flakers as such). If they hit half of their open shots, they probably win or make it closer than it was. I don't know what this team is, but I refuse to call them a contender until Donny does something to this roster.
This is true, but you can't just assume that a team is going to make all of its open shots. The Mavs sure as hell don't, and they missed some tonight.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #55
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Big time win for the Mavs. I still don't know what this Mavs team is at this point but I think it will be a little clearer on how they play next game. They've had these big wins and turn around and get their ass kicked by 30 points as if those wins were flukes. I look at tonight and clearly the Mavs won because the Magic live and die by the 3 and tonight they died going 3-20. But I can't really credit the Mavs for doing that because the majority of those were open. But the Mavs win and if they're going to make a push into the post season the time is now to show consistency atleast. Whether its consistently playing good or consistently playing bad. But atleast we'll know what this team is.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 AM   #56
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

This mini-turnaround allows us to be more selective and wait for the right deal. Except as regards Kidd. Obviously that decision is coming sooner. It would be nice to move J-Ho or Stack but now there isn't a sense of desperation and we might could get more for them in the offseason anyway. Fascinating how many scenarios we've entertained this season though. Maybe in absence of something better we trade Stack for Watson and send Watson and change to Charlotte for Felton in a sign and trade this summer. We seem to have a good relationship with their FO. And if Larry Brown fancies an undervalued player that fits his system he'll find a way. He's proven that. Presti, on the other hand, has one foot still in SA, not sure he's someone we can deal with. It's good to feel like we once again have the upper hand in these trade talks. If only we'd taken this approach in the Harris for Kidd saga...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:59 AM   #57
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Carroll and Stackhouse where all traded at the deadline, Matt for Earl Watson and then Stackhouse + filler for Mike Miller...I wouldn't be surprised if these deals went down, Oh and I did read somewhere that the Mavs where looking for a Pg to be the successor to Jason Kidd like Beno Udrih like someone said in this thread.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:54 AM   #58
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

The Mavs looked good. Maybe it's time to make a run like the Houston Rockets did last year when they won like 20+ games in a row.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:51 AM   #59
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
The Mavs played well.
The Magic did get and miss a lot of open shots, though.
and dallas shot all the open shots? i do not think so.

Dallas was just to good for orlando.

And i hope that it was just a start
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #60
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Kidd for Baron Davis.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #61
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Sometimes I'm asking myself if the writers in the NBA even watch the game before writing a story about it. They wrote that Nelson was fouled by Dampier when he injured his shoulder -> Link. Here it's clearly visible that he stepped on the ball and thus he hit the ground -> Link. That was definitely not a foul (he didn't even touch him), although the refs called it. Well, we won, thus I don't care anymore about the call, but it's sometimes weird to read those stories.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 02-03-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Beating an Orlando team on the road is always a good thing. I don't care how cold they might've been. This was a good win against a very good team.

I'm not near ready to say that this win is the one that's gonna get the ball rolling though. This team just has been so inconsistent that it's absolutely impossible to tell. I'm just gonna take it one game at a time.
I was waiting for someone to point out the obvious... rep for you. Any win against a team that had only 4 losses at home is a very good win (unless Dirk were to get hurt or somesuch). This is a great win for the Mavs. Perhaps it's part of the process of turning this thing around. We'll have to wait and see.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #63
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Have we turned a corner? Hard to tell, but over the last 3 games we've averaged a 111-95 final score - that kind of play is hard to beat in this league...

Hopefully we can keep the momentum up (assuming a big trade doesn't go down...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-03-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #64
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
and dallas shot all the open shots? i do not think so.

Dallas was just to good for orlando.

And i hope that it was just a start
All Dallas players are made out of gold on the inside. That is true. But that doesn't mean that Orlando wasn't playing like they only had 1 NBA player last night.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #65
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Sometimes I'm asking myself if the writers in the NBA even watch the game before writing a story about it. They wrote that Nelson was fouled by Dampier when he injured his shoulder -> Link. Here it's clearly visible that he stepped on the ball and thus he hit the ground -> Link. That was definitely not a foul (he didn't even touch him), although the refs called it. Well, we won, thus I don't care anymore about the call, but it's sometimes weird to read those stories.
My lord....did they actually call a foul on dampier for that!!!!! Unbelievable...I thought the refs were atrocious at the end of the 3rd/4th periods but that's ridiculous.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #66
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I have a feeling this is the team we're going to war with. Maybe a small trade involving Stack or something but no big trades. Just my gut feeling.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #67
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone see Josh Howard in the 4th quarter of the game? Hell, I only remember seeing him twice in the second half... It feels like he's turning into a role player - you know, those guys you completely forget about until they do something on the court...

Could we have won the game last night without him? Probably not... (but we still would have won if a healthy Gerald Wallace or Mike Miller was in there instead of Josh - maybe even by more points...)

Speaking of points - Jason Kidd scored as many as Josh Howard...

(do you see where I'm going with this? TRADE JOSH HOWARD now while his value is perceptibly the highest it's been all season!!!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-03-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: typoz
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #68
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what to think at this point. I finally took the plunge and posted my long "State of the Mavs" in which I admitted that I was ready for the team to be torn down. Now...who knows?

I'm fairly doubtful that simply giving Kidd the keys to the play calling is going to have this large of an impact long term..but who knows?

As far as how it affects things at the trade deadline...I think this removes any possibility of the Mavs trading Josh unless they get an incredible no brainer. So now I think they're back to trying to see what they can get for, say, Stack and maybe Bass.

Kidd was never going to be traded at the deadline because they want his cap space in 2010. There is almost no chance Kidd gets a four year deal because teams are keeping space open for 2010, and a four year deal for Kidd will trigger the special over-36 contract restrictions.

There's no way Cubes makes the short term gamble on the Devin deal and then hedges his bets by trading Kidd before this season's deadline. Just don't see that happening.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #69
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

I think the Mavs have upgraded themselves from "mediocre" to "decent".... eating crow and happy about it!

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #70
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this thread is ballsy, at least the question posed. As if you're trying to test Karma!?!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #71
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe we could get Tinsley for a bag of chips?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #72
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Orlando is a team that lives and dies by the three, but they should have been smart enough to know it wasn't their night beyond the arc and given it to Dwight a little more. We're still lucky they missed all of those shots that usually go in for them, but at the end of the day I don't think a team like the Magic will make a huge splash in the playoffs relying so much on three pointers... unless they go in for four straight series against top teams.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #73
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I still dont trust J-Ho.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #74
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the win but Im really starting to wonder about Green...
Old 02-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #75
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Just not sure where Green can get minutes unless we take Barea out of the rotation and Terry plays some backup point.

48 PG minutes occupied by Kidd/Barea, Terry/J-Ho/Wright occupying the 96 2/3 minutes... and Bass/Dirk/Damp occupying the 96 4/5 minutes... with sprinkles of Singleton/Hollins here and there + George (which I'd prefer to be Green!)
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #76
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe next year on Green....

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #77
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I still dont trust J-Ho.
I've been very surprised with the amount of enthusiasm Howard has shown the past few games.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #78
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I hope you guys that want Beno as our pg of the future are joking.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #79
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I've been very surprised with the amount of enthusiasm Howard has shown the past few games.
I have too, but I'm just not sure how long it will last. Josh's IQ will never be above that of a sea anemone so eventually he's going to be a liability imo.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #80
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Me as well. I am a Josh fan and I don't mind ripping him when he is not playing well, however I have been happy with his play as of late. I hope he continues to get healthy and has a solid second half of the season WITH THE MAVS.
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hope?