Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs vs Jazz Postgame

Dirk friggin' sucked. The Mavs followed suit. The Mavs may have been playing on a back to back there showed absolutely no heart, passion, energy. They just seepwalked through the entire game. Perhaps if someone would have gotten Dirk's head out of his @ss the Mavs may have had a chance.

My God has Dirk been sh*tty the last two games.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Dirk friggin' sucked. The Mavs followed suit. The Mavs may have been playing on a back to back there showed absolutely no heart, passion, energy. They just seepwalked through the entire game. Perhaps if someone would have gotten Dirk's head out of his @ss the Mavs may have had a chance.

My God has Dirk been sh*tty the last two games.
He doesn't get a pass for tonight, but as I've said, he finds a way to balance it out.

It's the quickest postgame thread I've seen...but I understand!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:43 AM   #3
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

LoL @ the premature thread.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #4
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

This really does take the good taste of the last 4 games out of my mouth.

I dont wanna sound like a debbie downer, but... 94-66 after 3 quarters?

This is our 7th loss by 19+ points in 49 games. 1 in every 7 games we get blown the hell out? Good teams shouldn't do that.

A W is a W and a L is a L, but I sure as hell would feel better if we lose a hard fought game by 8-10 points than fold after 3 quarters.

Last edited by ghazi; 02-06-2009 at 12:44 AM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Is this poor form, or is my TNT delayed?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Is this poor form, or is my TNT delayed?
lol
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post

This is our 7th loss by 19+ points in 49 games. 1 in every 7 games we get blown the hell out? Good teams shouldn't do that.

A W is a W and a L is a L, but I sure as hell would feel better if we lose a hard fought game by 8-10 points than fold after 3 quarters.
What a roller coaster of emotions in the past 7-10 days for you, my good friend.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:54 AM   #8
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
What a roller coaster of emotions in the past 7-10 days for you, my good friend.
Such is the case in 82 game seasons

The loss doesn't bother me as much as the fashion in which we lost. You never see teams like the Lakers/Celtics/Cavs/Magic lose games like THIS... not saying we're on their level, but you get my point.

I see the Suns and Pistons lose games like this though, and they're mediocre, and I don't wish that upon our mavs.

Last year after the Kidd trade every loss was close, and we had a few blowouts ourselves.

7 blowout losses this year? We had like 1 or 2 last year if I remember correctly!

Once every 7 games? Are we due for 4-5 more of these?

Hopefully we take care of the final 3 games before the all star break.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:01 AM   #9
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

This team just didn't play that hard honestly. Dirk got rattled, it affected his game and his attitude on the court; and it seemed the entire team followed his lead.

I tell you what. When the Mavs get beat.. they get destroyed. I don't know why that is, but it seems the entire team gives up once they hit a rough patch. The makeup of this team is really quite questionable at times.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:04 AM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

Stack and a pile a beans better bring us something of good value.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:13 AM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Stack and a pile a beans better bring us something of good value.
I wonder what can it bring at this point. I think the Kidd contract is the one that can give us a legit scorer in here.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:13 AM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

I think it can get you a better than average SG...maybe a serviceable big man. You just have to pick which one you want. His contract is of great value to teams, and as others have mentioned on here, the value will only get stronger as time wears on. Even if it goes to the summer, it's still strong.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-06-2009 at 01:14 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #13
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It's the no-show that is embarrassing.

I really don't think it's that much of a talent issue. The team just won't play with consistency. I doubt a small or even medium trade will magically cure this issue. Getting blown out like this has to take a mental toll on the team, especially with the way the players/org reacted after that Boston blowout.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 AM   #14
ghazi
Platinum Member

I would say it is a talent issue. No scoring big man, no consistent penetration, not many FTA's due to lack of slashers/players that can draw fouls, no great outside shooting. It is a flawed, incomplete roster.

I see the Lakers, Celtics, and cavs... and I think man, those teams have more talent than us... and the Lakers/Cavs have a better superstar.

I see the Celtics... rondo/pierce/allen can get into the lane and cause defenses to collapse leaving shooters open... beautiful ball movement, due to defenses collapsing. KG doesn't even have to work for his offense, his midrange jumpers are always WIDE frickin open. I never see our beloved Dirk get easy buckets like that, since our ball movement is less efficient.

Same with Kobe on the Fakers and Lebron on the Cavs.

This team just... at times, shows such an ugly brand of basketball. The offense is stagnant. We give it to Dirk, he dribbles dribbles, shoots a shot over a smaller defender. It can work sometimes, but it doesn't look pretty. I want some pretty basketball from our beloved Mavs.

When the jumpers are falling, when the transition game is in full effect, and when Kidd is able to get into the lane, it is indeed an aesthetically pleasing brand of basketball. Also, when 4-5 guys are clicking.

But nights like tonight, ugh, gives me a headache, breaks my heart.

Last edited by ghazi; 02-06-2009 at 02:09 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:12 AM   #15
ghazi
Platinum Member

Anywho, my beloved Mavs fans, we shouldn't be terribly upset with tonight's performance.

I guess it depends on our expectations for this season

A title? lolz, then yes, be very upset indeed

a WCF appearance? Yeah, be very upset indeed

1 playoff series win? Do not be upset, this is still achievable

Just making the playoffs? I still like our chances.

What a difference a year makes... the "c" word.... championship... a year ago it wouldn't have been taboo to discuss it, now it seems inappropriate and completely out of the question.

Oh how I weep
Old 02-06-2009, 02:29 AM   #16
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh we could certainly win a championship. We just need to follow in the footsteps of the teams in the first TNT game and rape someone in a "trade".
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:36 AM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely think the roster needs an upgrade but getting blown out like the Mavs have in recent weeks is just lazy, lack of focus, and lack of effort.

A good example is the Minnesota home game when the Mavs dug themselves a 29 pt deficit before clawing back. We massively out-talented them but came out the first half completely lethargic.

And when the Mavs come out lethargic, it is usually going to be a long night.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:55 AM   #18
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Get Shaq....Shaq would give us a post scorer and also give the Mavs some toughness that they need really bad...Shaq and Dirk would be scary good.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:18 AM   #19
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Considering Shaq is probably Phoenix's best chance at a championship, they'll much rather give up Stoudemire and try to build around Shaq, as opposed to the opposite, especially with all of the drama we've been hearing about.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:29 AM   #20
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Even if you are tired and shots aren't falling, isn't it common sense that after a couple of missed shots in a row, to start taking the ball to the hole before the game gets out of hand? It's not rocket science. Even if we still lose, the game would have looked a lot better in terms of team production, team effort, and team heart.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 02-06-2009 at 03:32 AM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:53 AM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
Even if you are tired and shots aren't falling, isn't it common sense that after a couple of missed shots in a row, to start taking the ball to the hole before the game gets out of hand? It's not rocket science. Even if we still lose, the game would have looked a lot better in terms of team production, team effort, and team heart.
This is, in my opinion, why the Mavericks aren't a championship team. When I watch the Lakers/Spurs/Celts, they are almost always trying to find easy baskets. The Mavericks at the end of the day always seem to settle for contested jumpers. Those are great when they go in but really negative when they don't.

Find easy baskets. Drive to the hole. Find ways to get close shots and/or lay-ups. This isn't rocket science. I really don't think this is the case of trying to find some "formula" that works. Just do it.

I like what someone on here said recently about why not to get Baron Davis. If you HAVE to motivate a player, then they probably aren't worth it. Well unfortunately, this basically applies to the entire Mavs squad this season. If you NEED someone like Darrel Armstrong to motivate a bunch of grossly over-paid players....maybe a near blow-up is inevitable at that point.

115-87....ridiculous.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:20 AM   #22
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

pwned
Old 02-06-2009, 05:54 AM   #23
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

Dirk needs help around him. He is playing in his prime and I just don't see how he hasnt yet to demand a trade for either himself or for others to be brought in to help him. WTF has cuban been doing this year??????
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:20 AM   #24
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anywho, my beloved Mavs fans, we shouldn't be terribly upset with tonight's performance.

I guess it depends on our expectations for this season

A title? lolz, then yes, be very upset indeed

a WCF appearance? Yeah, be very upset indeed

1 playoff series win? Do not be upset, this is still achievable

Just making the playoffs? I still like our chances.

What a difference a year makes... the "c" word.... championship... a year ago it wouldn't have been taboo to discuss it, now it seems inappropriate and completely out of the question.

Oh how I weep
With all that said, I am glad I missed this aspiring game. I have an early tee off time, thus forwent the 10:30 start.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:31 AM   #25
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
I have an early tee off time, thus forwent the 10:30 start.
Yeah, Left delivers !!!
Old 02-06-2009, 06:54 AM   #26
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope it was teh Mav's inability to play back-to-backs and move on.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:34 AM   #27
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs played in UTAH.........the outcome was already determined long before the Mavs got there.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #28
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question: How bad of an idea would it be to make a gameplan involving Dampier more in the scoring part of the game?

I know, I know, he's hardly Shaq or anyone, but I've seen some decent moves by Dampier when he has the ball in his hands in the low post. Problem is, that very rarely happens...

Its not like Dampier usually takes more than 4 shots a game, and so how would we know how good at offense he could be this year? Those shots are usually wide open feeds. I'm not saying make Dampier a 20 shot center who is expected to score 18 and still grab 15 boards. I'm just wondering if that some games, Damp takes, say, 8 shots, half of them on the low post, even if this strategy is more of a backup strategy in case our shot isn't falling...

Is this total heresy? Or do a have a point, even if it'll never happen...
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I have a question: How bad of an idea would it be to make a gameplan involving Dampier more in the scoring part of the game?

I know, I know, he's hardly Shaq or anyone, but I've seen some decent moves by Dampier when he has the ball in his hands in the low post. Problem is, that very rarely happens...

Its not like Dampier usually takes more than 4 shots a game, and so how would we know how good at offense he could be this year? Those shots are usually wide open feeds. I'm not saying make Dampier a 20 shot center who is expected to score 18 and still grab 15 boards. I'm just wondering if that some games, Damp takes, say, 8 shots, half of them on the low post, even if this strategy is more of a backup strategy in case our shot isn't falling...

Is this total heresy? Or do a have a point, even if it'll never happen...
Damp can't catch a ball in motion and he can't drive - he's usually only good for put-backs and the occasional bounce-pass/dunk while he's standing unguarded under the hoop... I've seen Kidd try to alley-oop the ball to him several times in the past few games and Damp hasn't been able to sink a single one...

We need a center with softer hands if we want to get points out of the 5...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-06-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #30
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Back to backs are hard enough. Add in a tough game on the first night, include over 1,000 miles of travel in less then 24 hours to an elevation of near a mile high, and playing a team that has had 2 days rest and thier star player coming off 5 days rest and you are already in a hole. Yeah, they played flat and they should have attacked the rim, but a blowout where the starters rest might not be the worst loss. A loss is a loss and i would rather take one and have rested players then work hard and risk injury just to get a loss anyway.
MX425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #31
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I would have preferred to see a win just so we could get a decent streak going... How many 10/12-game winning streaks did we have a couple seasons ago??

Our best win-streak this season is 5 games - that's not the sign of a contender...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-06-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #32
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

This game showed us nothing we didn't already know. This Dallas team is mediocre.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #33
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I've seen Kidd try to alley-oop the ball to him several times in the past few games and Damp hasn't been able to sink a single one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JKh4uLsoQ
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #34
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Embarrassing

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #35
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

this was another one of those games where I hoped the mavs would really show some stones and....well.... I was thinking same thing when they went to Boston -- Here's a chance to show what you're really made of! As much as I hate it I can only conclude that this is, in fact, what they're really made of.

They are what they are -- a group of guys who know damn good and well that they can't achieve anything this season that they haven't achieved before.

Kidd has been to the finals, Dirk has a finals appearance and an MVP, etc., etc... What are any of these guys going to add to their careers this season? Nothing, not a damn thing no matter how hard they try, and they know it. This is something they learned last year -- all those close but no cigar games, that chicken kickin' by the Hornets. They know that if they bust their butts they're still not quite as good as the top four or five teams in the league and this knowledge is highly, highly demotivating.

More than that, they've got some serious letdown syndrome going on because when Kidd came to town they probably really believed they were all that. Finding out that they aren't all that is like a big pissin' in the cheerios, highly demotivating as well.

So....when things are going good on a night, when they're shooting well and the other team is laying down they look great....but when things start turning against them, they don't have much fight and they fold like a bunch a little pussies. This is who they are.

Last edited by alexamenos; 02-06-2009 at 10:35 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #36
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

Quote:

We're not a good team. Decent at best.

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #37
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

They should invest in this loss. It was a tough B2B especially when Dirk brings his bagina. He gets a pass for this game but superstar players can't lay stinkers when the whole place is erupting with boos everytime you touch the damn ball. That should motivate that caliber player.

Poor effort and poor decision making all game.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #38
UtahDirkfan

UtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to all

You thought it sucked watching it on tv? Try being there in Utah on the 12th row watching that ****! It was an absolute joke! You could tell the Mavs didn't have it in them and that they were tired. I was hoping it would have been a close game. Instead I had to hear all the Utah fans talk trash to me. Not like they know how to trash talk which makes it that much worse.

Damn! What a disappointing game!
UtahDirkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #39
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
He gets a pass for this game but superstar players . . . .
We are saying stuff like this way too often this season.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #40
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Lets go mavs....
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burn my bball pants, it hurts when i pee, my anus is bleeding!