Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #81
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post

But calling the Mavs mediorce is selling them short, I think we're just a good team that isn't championship caliber.

uhhh

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34544
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #82
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I still believe in the team I think they just went away from what worked. Thye let Josh shot too much and ofcourse Dirk sucked

My problem is not the team because I think as a team wer OK, my problem is with Dirk in theses type of games. He totally disappears and let people abuse him and IMO that is much different then having a bad game. Dirk has to learn to deal with these things, but as a TEAM I think wer still OK, a trade wont hurt either though

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #83
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Owned

Anywho, I was exaggerating. Being truly mediocre would be the 15th best team in the league, I think we're better than that.

Not quite mediocre, not quite a contender, somewhere in the middle.

Last edited by ghazi; 02-06-2009 at 06:49 PM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #84
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
I still believe in the team I think they just went away from what worked. Thye let Josh shot too much and ofcourse Dirk sucked

My problem is not the team because I think as a team wer OK, my problem is with Dirk in theses type of games. He totally disappears and let people abuse him and IMO that is much different then having a bad game. Dirk has to learn to deal with these things, but as a TEAM I think wer still OK, a trade wont hurt either though
Why do you think we're okay? after all if we somehow make the Finals and play the Celtics Dirk will wither the minute KG pounds his chest, right?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #85
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

hey guys. I'm new to the forum. i'm from NY and I love the Mavs. been a fan since Cuban became the guy. In NY they call me MIAMI. KNOW WHY???? Because I was the only guy in the City that took Dallas over Miami in the the Championship in 06. when I came out the next day after Dallas lost the Neighbor yelled, MIAMI!!!! everyone heard and began to taunt. The day after again, MIAMI!!!! Many of the neighbors knew my face but didn't know my real name. So from that day forward i've been known as MIAMI. I'm not from Dallas but I suffer every year WE don't get a Chip. I wish, being from NY, I could have warned u guys about Jason Kidd. The Nets were a slashing team, which fit Kidd a little better, but I still think The Nets would have been better without him. I wish I was a member of the forum a year ago, maybe someone would have heard my screams to get Ron Artest. He's given Houston a toughness that I think they lacked. And respectfully we still lack it. By the way, no one wants to play for the Mavs anymore. Good Players think we are SOFT. So with that being said, I'm glad to be you guys newest member. we can lean on each other. The trade deadline is coming, hopefully we can do something BIG.

Your fellow fan, NYMAVGUY aka MIAMI

Last edited by NYMAVGUY; 02-06-2009 at 06:56 PM.
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #86
ghazi
Platinum Member

You coulda warned us? We're not the ones who made the trade brother.

And hows Ron Artest's toughness working out for Houston? They're a .600 basketball team.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #87
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMAVGUY View Post
hey guys. I'm new to the forum. i'm from NY and I love the Mavs. been a fan since Cuban became the guy. In NY they call me MIAMI. KNOW WHY???? Because I was the only guy in the City that took Dallas over Miami in the the Championship in 06. when I came out the next day after Dallas lost the Neighbor yelled, MIAMI!!!! everyone heard and began to taunt. The day after again, MIAMI!!!! Many of the neighbors knew my face but didn't know my real name. So from that day forward i've been known as MIAMI. I'm not from Dallas but I suffer every year WE don't get a Chip. I wish, being from NY, I could have warned u guys about Jason Kidd. The Nets were a slashing team, which fit Kidd a little better, but I still think The Nets would have been better without him. I wish I was a member of the forum a year ago, maybe someone would have heard my screams to get Ron Artest. He's given Houston a toughness that I think they lacked. And respectfully we still lack it. By the way, no one wants to play for the Mavs anymore. Good Players think we are SOFT. So with that being said, I'm glad to be you guys newest member. we can lean on each other. The trade deadline is coming, hopefully we can do something BIG.

Devin Harris, is that you?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #88
Mascha99

Mascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really nice
Default Hi there, Mavs fan from Germany

Glad I can post now. I have lurked here for 6 month or so and couldnt post because my spam filter deleted the acknowledgement mail.

Anyway, its fun reading what other Mavs fans have to say about the Mavs.

See you around!
Mascha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #89
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Imo, this Mavs team is mentally fragile/dumb. I can't come up with another way to interpret this roller coaster season where 30 pt losses follow impressive victories. I've decided to blame all the bad stuff on JHo and Stack being mental midgets. Trade them/cut them/waive them and magically the Mavs will be consistently good again.

I think about it like this. In order to be a championship contender the average IQ needs to be about 125. If you delete JHO's and Stack's scores of 30 and 44 (respectively) the team IQ jumps to 130 or so. So it makes sense to trade them for almost anyone who has some brains. On the other hand since the FO is likely to trade for another knucklehead, waiving them would be the safest thing.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #90
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Why do you think we're okay? after all if we somehow make the Finals and play the Celtics Dirk will wither the minute KG pounds his chest, right?
Like I said a trade wouldnt hurt. BUT I have said it from the start, if the Mavs play right and Howard is that 3rd hustling option, then we can do a lot of good stuff. And I might be in a minority, but I actually do think that we can make the finals with a little luck, just like any other team.

Umm actually that is what would probably happen. But its a good thing that he will have a lot of time between Now and Then to learn how to deal with those situations.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #91
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

To add to your point purplefrog:

I think it's going to take multiple moves to fix that issue. Kidd was supposed to be able to help in that aspect, but that clearly hasn't happened. I'm not knockin' Kidd, I love him...but fixing that isn't going to be easy.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #92
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Like I said a trade wouldnt hurt. BUT I have said it from the start, if the Mavs play right and Howard is that 3rd hustling option, then we can do a lot of good stuff. And I might be in a minority, but I actually do think that we can make the finals with a little luck, just like any other team.

Umm actually that is what would probably happen. But its a good thing that he will have a lot of time between Now and Then to learn how to deal with those situations.
I think a trade is absolutely necessary, I'm firm on that now. The problem with your statement is it's true, but very hard to put stock in it.

Do we now just settle for this team showing what it has in the past few weeks? Saying it needs to get hot at the right time, flaws and all. In the meantime you just grind it out like crazy and in the process occasionally take massive beatdowns.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #93
ghazi
Platinum Member

A little luck? Try A LOT of luck.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #94
BGMaverick9
Guru

I can't say I'm 100% on board with alby's sell it all and get the star with Dirk and Kidd, but I'm in favoring it for sure.

You're trading Josh, Jet, Stack to get something big. Can that actually lead to something? I'm pretty skeptical but I would inquire to see what that would actually get you.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #95
ghazi
Platinum Member

I dont care about the future, I want to win now. 2010 is a pipedream. A player of Dirk's caliber coming along again? We'd be lucky as hell.

When Duncan leaves, the Spurs will probably suck.

When Dirk leaves or exits his prime, the Mavs will probably suck

When KoME the primadonna leaves or exits his prime, the Lakers will probably suck.

The day Lebron retires is the day the cavs look forward to 20-30 win seasons for a long time unless they strike gold in the draft again.

Look at the Bulls after MJ, nothing.

Our beloved Mavs should be in a "win now" mode with our beloved Dirk at 30 years old.

Forget about the future, the future belongs to Lebron, the Jazz, Blazers, Hornets, Magic... in 2 years the Lakers will still be around as well. The Thunder have a nice core, too.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #96
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:

Our beloved Mavs should be in a "win now" mode with our beloved Dirk at 30 years old.

Forget about the future, the future belongs to Lebron, the Jazz, Blazers, Hornets, Magic... in 2 years the Lakers will still be around as well. The Thunder have a nice core, too.
Is it just me or did this opinion just recently hit a fever pitch?
BTW, I don't mean that in a bad way.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-06-2009 at 07:58 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #97
ghazi
Platinum Member

What you mean by fever pitch
Old 02-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #98
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Mavs need to go 21-12 the rest of their games to get to 50 wins.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #99
ghazi
Platinum Member

Good math
Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #100
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I dunno it's just something I was thinking about. The point is they don't have to be spectacular to get to 50 wins. Just slightly above average (as they have been)
Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #101
BGMaverick9
Guru

That would be playing 9 games above .500
which is where we are right now.

Hmmmmm....
Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #102
ghazi
Platinum Member

If that stuff about Stackhouse being a Mav after the trade deadline is true Im probably gonna kill a kitten.

I love our beloved Stack, but at this point his contract is more valuable to us than his basketball abilities.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:24 PM   #103
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

The only thing is his contract is even more valuable in the off-season. Not that I don't want to see him gone ASAP, but they can get more for him after this season. So if that happens I won't be that mad.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #104
Rogue

Rogue is an unknown quantity at this point

rockets hate the Utah F**king Jazz much more than we can ever imagine.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #105
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMAVGUY View Post
hey guys. I'm new to the forum. i'm from NY and I love the Mavs.

Welcome NYMAVGUY, glad to have you aboard. As you can see opinions get rather heated here. Again welcome to the schizophrenic forum.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #106
NYMAVGUY

Great to be here.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #107
NYMAVGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
Welcome NYMAVGUY, glad to have you aboard. As you can see opinions get rather heated here. Again welcome to the schizophrenic forum.
Great to be here.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #108
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

welcome NYMAVGUY, I'm new here too!

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burn my bball pants, it hurts when i pee, my anus is bleeding!