Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stack

If Jerry Stackhouse finds himself in a Mavericks uniform once the Feb. 19 trade deadline passes, well, that's fine with him. He actually sounds encouraged by the idea. And while the veteran guard missed his 40th consecutive game Thursday night against Utah, he hopes to return next week for the team's final game before the All-Star break. The reversal stems from a conversation Stackhouse had with Rick Carlisle last week. The Mavericks coach told Stackhouse once he is healthy, he will be given the opportunity to reclaim a consistent role in the rotation. "It changed my whole mind-set of what I was thinking," Stackhouse said. "I just wasn't comfortable with what was being said early on about using me in certain matchups and certain games. As a competitor, I just wasn't ready to accept that. -- Dallas Morning News

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking at my calendar...it's not April 1...please, please tell me this is a joke.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Say it ain't so.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to make a prediction. If Stack is still a Mav after the trade deadline I'm going to be really, really irritated...by all the whining on this website.

Jesus, people. If he's still here the reason will be simple. Nothing the Mavs could get in exchange for him at this time was: 1) good enough to clearly put the team on the LA/Boston level or 2) worth foregoing the chance to see what they can get for him over the summer when he represents instant savings and can be paired with a first round draft choice.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I'm going to make a prediction. If Stack is still a Mav after the trade deadline I'm going to be really, really irritated...by all the whining on this website.

Jesus, people. If he's still here the reason will be simple. Nothing the Mavs could get in exchange for him at this time was: 1) good enough to clearly put the team on the LA/Boston level or 2) worth foregoing the chance to see what they can get for him over the summer when he represents instant savings and can be paired with a first round draft choice.
When you put it that way, I guess I wont feel that badly

Who knows, maybe he has some game left. I remember at the beginning of the year thinking how Stack and Fin looked horrible for their respective teams. Well, Fin's turned the corner and is still a solid contributor/role player, perhaps our beloved Stack could do the same.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think Stack can still contribute to the team because of all the rest he has gotten, any time Stack is healthy he has proven he is a baller
Old 02-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I also think that keeping Stack wont be all that bad, IF we cant get anything good for him. I think he can still help the team

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Man i'd take a 2nd round pick for Stackhouse. I know that's available. I just don't see the point in keeping him here. I'd rather give Green and Wright the minutes at the 2 than throw Stack out there. He's missed half of the season already. He's just going to come in and contribute like there's nothing wrong with him? I just think at this point if you can pick up someone like a spot up shooter or a slasher for Stack then how is that not an upgrade? Stack currently givers us nothing at the 2 guard spot. Maybe 3 years ago but now? I'm not really upset that he's returning. I didn't think we would trade him because "we like our team". But if the option is available why wouldn't you pull it?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

If Phx could get Jerry they would have the Big Shaqtus and the Sharp Shooting Stacktus and when Xmas time came around in Az, they would have ShaqAClaus and StackAClaus. What a duo the Suns would have. The StackAttack won't be here much longer even if we get a draftpick.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #10
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

There's one reason we all shouldn't blow our top if he is still a Mav after the trade deadline. His value goes up in the offseason because only $2mil is guarenteed next season.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
There's one reason we all shouldn't blow our top if he is still a Mav after the trade deadline. His value goes up in the offseason because only $2mil is guarenteed next season.
You and grndmstr_c KNOW that's not what people will automatically think of if that happens.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

He can help the team-if healthy. Say what you want about him but he's a competitor. If we can't get what we want for him now we'll probably get something better this summer anyway. Win-win.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #13
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
You and grndmstr_c KNOW that's not what people will automatically think of if that happens.
Of course not because that's not how this forum operates, but there's no point in taking some other teams garbage just to get rid of a valuable trade chip.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #14
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Well, now that Terry's out for an indefinite period, we might need Stack.

Ouch, that really, really hurt...
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #15
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Well, now that Terry's out for an indefinite period, we might need Stack.

Ouch, that really, really hurt...
yeah, unfortunately that's kinda what I'm thinking too.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #16
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

There was actually a stack sighting on the NBA.com video recap of the game. He was walking with JET to the locker room.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #17
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
There was actually a stack sighting on the NBA.com video recap of the game. He was walking with JET to the locker room.
Probably telling him "You just get some rest, don't worry about a thing. I'm coming back and will take all your minutes".
Old 02-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #18
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Not that surprising. He was on the shootaround here in Miami, which kinda surprised me. DA was working with him.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's on the bench for every game. I believe he's on the bench for the road trips also.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #20
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Probably telling him "You just get some rest, don't worry about a thing. I'm coming back and will take all your minutes".

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #21
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I look forward to Stack coming back. It's been awhile since I've seen someone dribble the ball off their own foot at crunch time....Ah memories of the good old days.....It's also been awhile since I've seen Stack and JHo on the court at the same time......The bowel.. er... ball (Freudian slip) movement will be amazing.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #22
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I look forward to Stack coming back. It's been awhile since I've seen someone dribble the ball off their own foot at crunch time....Ah memories of the good old days.....It's also been awhile since I've seen Stack and JHo on the court at the same time......The bowel.. er... ball (Freudian slip) movement will be amazing.
Stack is a good passer, much better then Josh...and if you want to see someone dribble the ball off their foot give it to Bass ; )

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #23
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Stack is a good passer, much better then Josh...and if you want to see someone dribble the ball off their foot give it to Bass ; )
Its not too hard to be a better passer than Josh

Last edited by tcat075; 02-08-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #24
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

We need Stack's.... toughness?

I've had a personal hatred for him ever since that playoff series against the Spurs where he was given two free throws and was supposed to purposely miss one... and he missed the entire rim (violation). Just when you think a veterans basketball IQ couldn't possibly be any lower. We can keep holding out hope that we get something for him, but if we haven't done anything yet who knows what's actually available... apparently Minnesota plans to waste away the rest of Miller's career or they feel they can get something more.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #25
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Man.... we are screwed.

I'm fine with that.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Man i'd take a 2nd round pick for Stackhouse. I know that's available. I just don't see the point in keeping him here. I'd rather give Green and Wright the minutes at the 2 than throw Stack out there. He's missed half of the season already. He's just going to come in and contribute like there's nothing wrong with him? I just think at this point if you can pick up someone like a spot up shooter or a slasher for Stack then how is that not an upgrade? Stack currently givers us nothing at the 2 guard spot. Maybe 3 years ago but now? I'm not really upset that he's returning. I didn't think we would trade him because "we like our team". But if the option is available why wouldn't you pull it?
You could get a second round pick anytime. no use doing it now. Who's the person you can pick up for stack?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #27
dude1394
Guru

Well to be honest AWright has spared me to death. He's okay...but that's about it.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #28
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Rick Carlisle is not planning on Jerry Stackhouse playing a big role in the absence of Jason Terry when he returns from his heel injury.
"He's not ready to play yet," Carlisle said after Monday's practice. "I'm not sure what the timetable is. It's been a long road back for him, and we certainly don't want to set him back by rushing him back too soon. But he's certainly one of our options when he becomes healthy." Stackhouse might be worth an add in very deep leagues, but his minutes will likely be minimal in the beginning.

Contact Me
Old 02-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #29
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not looking forward to the return of Stackhouse.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #30
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

My inner-mavs fan just committed suicide.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #31
alby
Guru

What if he owns and his trade value increases? =]

Contact Me
Old 02-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #32
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Would be nice, but I don't buy that. I assume the percentage of Dampier being an All-Star is higher....

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #33
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is the kind of thing that you say so that if it does happen, you can pull this little gem out later, and if it doesn't everyone will just assume its a joke and will forget about it.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #34
alby
Guru

^ not completely untrue.

Contact Me
Old 02-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #35
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

That's the sad thing about the state of the Mavs. We're one big "what if."

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #36
tcat075
Diamond Member

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi....html#comments

Rick Carlisle isn't ready to rely on Jerry Stackhouse
2:14 PM Mon, Feb 09, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

The Mavericks could use Jerry Stackhouse's scoring off the bench with Jason Terry out for a while.

Rick Carlisle, however, downplayed the possibility of Stack helping fill the void left by Stack's absence.

"He's not ready to play yet," Carlisle said after today's practice. "I'm not sure what the timetable is. It's been a long road back for him, and we certainly don't want to set him back by rushing him back too soon. But he's certainly one of our options when he becomes healthy."

Stackhouse practiced today and "looked pretty good to me," Dirk Nowitzki said. He got the best of Gerald Green in one-on-one action after the media was allowed into the gym. But Carlisle isn't ready to declare that Stack could play even a few minutes Thursday night against Boston in the final game before the All-Star break.

"We're just going day to day here," Carlisle said. "We've got to see how he responds tomorrow from today, which was one of the harder workouts he's gone through. So we'll see, but there's nothing imminent on Stack playing at this point."

Last edited by tcat075; 02-09-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #37
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't Stack's contract shrivel to something like 2M next year? How much is that worth in cap space value vs a 7M deal + 3M cash? And what can you get in exchange for a 2M Stack? He's almost filler-level at that point.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #38
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

If Stack can come back healthy and give the Mavs 10 to 15 points off the bench along with Bass and Terry that would be huge man...try to look at it as a good thing because Stack could help this team when healthy.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #39
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
If Stack can come back healthy and give the Mavs 10 to 15 points off the bench along with Bass and Terry that would be huge man...try to look at it as a good thing because Stack could help this team when healthy.
How many shots he puts up to score those 10 to 15 points is the real question.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #40
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"He's not ready to play yet," Carlisle said after today's practice. "I'm not sure what the timetable is."
My guess is 10 days...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-09-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote