Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
BaylorTMW

BaylorTMW is on a distinguished road
Default Mavs and Trailblazers Trade

My thought with Portland is, they really don't need another young player in their rotation. They have a TON of youth with Roy, Webster, Aldridge, Oden, and then throw another first rounder in there, you have a ton of young guys.

So, what about this:

Howard for : First round pick, Jarrett Jack, Channing Frye, Martell Webster and some filler to make the salaries work.

Portland now throws out:

Blake/Rodriguez
Brandon Roy / Von Wafer
JHoward / Outlaw
Aldridge / McRoberts
Oden / Pryzbilla

Mavs have:

Kidd / Jack
Terry / Stack
Webster / Wright
Dirk / Bass
Damp / Frye

Plus the 13th pick, which might have SG/SF's like Brandon Rush, Joe Alexander, Donte Green, Chad Budinger or Posts like Marreese Speights, Kevin Love, and Roy Hibbert...

The Trailblazers also have some other trade chips in Travis Outlaw if they don't want to give up Webster, Joel Pryzbilla who is much more expendable with Oden on board, and maybe Steve Blake if they like Sergio Rodriquez as much as some say.

Thoughts?
Old 05-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Mavs are trying to win a championship. I don't think that really does much, if anything at all.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd do it yesterday, if they would include Outlaw in the mix as well.

#13, Jack, Outlaw, Webster, and Frye for JHo.

Done -- not that I think Portland would do it.

Kidd (6'4"), Jack, Lue (resign)
Webster(6'7"), Terry (6th man), Wright (resign)
Outlaw(6'9"), Stack (9th man)
Dirk(7'), Bass
Damp(6'11"), Frye(6'11"), Diop (resign)

13 guys who can play -- and a whole lot more athletic to run with Kidd. In fact, Frye might start instead of Damp against many teams. Speed the game up then.

RTerry, Siebulus(sp?), and the draft pick to see who can play 14-15.

Portland would still be tough though, and the only two players I think they might start making deals like this are for Dirk, and Kidd: I don't think they do it for JHo, but I could be wrong.

At least Dallas would start having length again with LA, etc. Bynum, Rad, Odom, Gasol, etc have some serious length, and Dallas would have it as well with Outlaw, Dirk, Damp, Frye, Diop. Even Webster and Kidd would be "big" for their positions.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I'd do it yesterday, if they would include Outlaw in the mix as well.

#13, Jack, Outlaw, Webster, and Frye for JHo.
I think this proposal overrates the Blazers need to downsize it's roster...too much coming our way for Josh in this idea.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I think this proposal overrates the Blazers need to downsize it's roster...too much coming our way for Josh in this idea.
Hence the next line:

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a statement: I read that in the Oregonian, Memphis was rumored to offer Mike Miller for Outlaw and #13. Portland said no and that more would need to be added on Memphis' side.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Hence the next line:

ah....you got me with the ole "post that I propose but then immediately reject as unlikely" trick....you sly "dog".

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #8
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

how many ways do we wanna trade???
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Wow why not get them to include Roy too...hayy maybe even Oden...

are you guys out of your mind...the original deal looks ok...some mite say thats a little to much too...but geez Howard is not Shaq or KG that you can get back a good pick and like 5 players for him. Some are making it seem like that. Like I said IMO the original deal...maybe

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #10
BaylorTMW

BaylorTMW is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
Mavs are trying to win a championship. I don't think that really does much, if anything at all.
With the current team around the Mavs, we don't have a Championship team. We have an old unathletic team. If we keep Kidd (which is looking more and more likely) I think we need to get more athletic and turn to running more.

Howard maybe can run with Kidd, but that is it for right now. If we can get Webster/Outlaw plus their 13th pick and pick up Brandon Rush, I think that greatly improves the style of the team to fit Kidd. Plus ,if we get Jarrett Jack, he is a very solid backup PG or Frye, who can run as well and would fit nicely behind Dirk or Damp.

A package of Jack, Webster, Frye and the 13th pick maybe a little much for Josh Howard, but I think it makes some sense from Portland's side to look at...
Old 06-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #11
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Exacly!
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote