Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nets...again?

If any or all of these options are in play, are you interested if it involves Josh, Stack, George/EJ:

RJ
#10 or #21
a SnT Diop

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-22-2008 at 09:13 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Jefferson, a first, and Diop? They can have all of the players you mentioned and I still love it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

So
Josh, Stack and probably DG to make the SnT work

for

RJ, Diop and either first round pick?
Old 06-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
So
Josh, Stack and probably DG to make the SnT work

for

RJ, Diop and either first round pick?
Why not? Makes perfect sense to me!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

lets do it...with the trade we get diop back without having to use any of our MLE, and both teams move guys that need a fresh start...i doubt we'd get the 10th pick, but gettin the 21st pick back would get us a pretty talented player too..hell it might even make kidd more comfortable too with him playin with jefferson before, which might get him back to his normal level of play
Old 06-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #6
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

plus stack's and dg's contracts would be ending next year, which nj wants to clear the cap for 2010's free agency...dont think they would like josh's contract though, which goes through 2011 maxing out at 11 mil
Old 06-22-2008, 11:53 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

That's why they call it a trade, hehe.
It's a trade-off, they'll get some relief but it comes in different stages than they might've liked.
I think it's fairly possible they'll trade one of their picks. If they are looking for salary relief adding TWO more players for guaranteed money isn't going in the right direction for that.

I think the Diop move would be HUGE. You'll take care of a major need and still have the full MLE to work with. That definitely can change your outlook of what you want to go for, or how many people you want to go for. Plus the draft pick is something we're looking to get anyways so it's a good bonus.

How silly would it be that a player and pick is traded to one team and then traded right back in a 4 month period?
Old 06-22-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
How silly would it be that a player and pick is traded to one team and then traded right back in a 4 month period?
If it happened it would show that Donnie Nelson is one of the most brilliant GMs in the league...
Old 06-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #9
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

WEll if he were to ever be mentioned as one of the best gm's then in my book he would have a HUUUGE jump ahead of him.
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I would do Howard for Jefferson straight up.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

I think a fair amount of people would, NJ just probably isn't in that group...lol.

So that's why we need to involve more pieces and adding Diop would make our MLE much stronger.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #12
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

I would do Damp and Diop straight up...
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote