Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-08-2021, 02:59 PM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of
Default Steve Kerr on today's NBA Players jumping into defenders

Most of Saturday’s whistles were legit. But, quick tangent, Doncic did get a few pump-fake lean-in calls that had the Warriors bench erupting. Here was the worst of them. After the game, Andrew Wiggins said it was a “bogus call” and Kerr had some extended thoughts on the general tactic, which has spread like wildfire in recent seasons among star perimeter scorers. “I don’t fault the officials,” Kerr said. “I fault the league for basically gifting those calls to all of our players. Our guys get them, too. To me, it’s not a basketball play. If you jump three feet forward, I don’t think you deserve a foul when all you’re doing is looking for a foul. I think the league has done a great job helping find a really good place for the offense players to shine, the athleticism to be on display for fans.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I 100% agree. Hate when Luka, or any player, does it. It’s begging. Hope Luka doesn’t make it a habit like Harden.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:51 PM   #3
Quantum

Quantum is a jewel in the roughQuantum is a jewel in the roughQuantum is a jewel in the rough

Im all for using your brain...but this type of "winning" actually makes me want to watch something else. Hopefully the league can figure this out.

Sure, its smart since refs fall for it...but is the product being watered down? No one wants to see the flow of the game stopped because Chris Paul dribbled and then stopped in front of a defensive player in transition causing the player to "foul".
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:11 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Worse than leaning into a player or jumping into a player is when they kick their legs out to draw contact. I hate that and it should be called an offensive foul EVERY time
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:25 PM   #5
Quantum

Quantum is a jewel in the roughQuantum is a jewel in the roughQuantum is a jewel in the rough

I was thinking that if they started calling fouls on the offensive player it might correct the issue a little...

but then I remembered I hardly ever see the flopping foul used. Players still flopping and getting the calls.
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:20 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely hate this aspect of the game. It looks ridiculous and takes some of the fun out of the game.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:32 PM   #7
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
I was thinking that if they started calling fouls on the offensive player it might correct the issue a little...

but then I remembered I hardly ever see the flopping foul used. Players still flopping and getting the calls.
Yes or a one shot technical
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:01 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yes or a one shot technical
just a foul would suffice
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote