Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-23-2007, 09:55 AM   #81
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I would think more likely that Portland trades Randolph to whomever will give them the draft pick that allows them to pick up Conley + whatever filler in expiring contracts.

They might even throw Jack in with Randolph to get Conley more PT.

Just a thought.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #82
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I would think more likely that Portland trades Randolph to whomever will give them the draft pick that allows them to pick up Conley + whatever filler in expiring contracts.

They might even throw Jack in with Randolph to get Conley more PT.

Just a thought.
Good thought... especially since Oden has been so vocal about his desire to play with Conley!

I'm just not sure what team would be giving up their top 6 or 7 pick for Randolph and all his baggage (-ve rep, ugly contract, etc.)...
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:20 AM   #83
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

boston would do it
they are so desperate for oden.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #84
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I actually pray that the Suns do get OJ Mayo. That dude is a headcase and when you add him into the bad chemistry the Suns seem to have right now, you are looking at an explosion.
Maybe so. But I wouldn't say that Suns team has bad chemistry. If anything they're just getting more hungry. Especially with Nash on that team. I think Mayo would fit right in. But then again I haven't heard anything about his bad character issues other than that incident with the ref.

Quote:
Based on what I've read about that kid's additude that may not be the worst thing. Definitly better than them ending up with Corey Brewer or Mike Connely.
Probably. I think Mayo's potential is higher than both Connely and Brewer's though. Suns can't lose though if ATL is horrible as they're expected to be.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #85
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Maybe so. But I wouldn't say that Suns team has bad chemistry. If anything they're just getting more hungry. Especially with Nash on that team. I think Mayo would fit right in. But then again I haven't heard anything about his bad character issues other than that incident with the ref.
Several things I heard / saw --

1. He went up to USC's Tim Floyd and said .. "I think I'll play here." and left
2. During his last HS game he threw ball off backboard dunked it (after they were up by alot) and then threw ball into the stands.

He is VERY COCKY. I do not like him.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #86
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
Several things I heard / saw --

1. He went up to USC's Tim Floyd and said .. "I think I'll play here." and left
2. During his last HS game he threw ball off backboard dunked it (after they were up by alot) and then threw ball into the stands.

He is VERY COCKY. I do not like him.
This article right here also paints a picture of a guy with a very large ego: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/21/sp...tmUVVOqH6SXwmQ

Here is an excerpt from the conversation between Floyd and his handler:

Quote:
A stranger walked into the University of Southern California basketball office one day last summer and asked to speak to the head coach. The stranger did not make an appointment. He did not call ahead. Tim Floyd, the U.S.C. head coach, cannot explain why he agreed to see him.

“O. J. wanted me to come here today,” the man told Floyd. “He wanted me to figure out who you are.”

“Why aren’t you at Arizona or Connecticut?” Floyd recalled asking.

The man explained that Mayo wanted to market himself before going to the N.B.A., and that Los Angeles would give him the best possible platform.

“Then why aren’t you at U.C.L.A.?” Floyd asked.

The man shook his head. U.C.L.A. had already won 11 national championships. It had already produced many N.B.A. stars. Mayo wanted to be a pioneer for a new era.

“Let me call him,” Floyd said.

The man shook his head again. “O. J. doesn’t give out his cell,” he said. “He’ll call you.”
From his later conversation with Floyd:

Quote:
Mayo went through the priority list in his mind. “Don’t worry about recruiting,” he said. “I’ll take care of it.”

Before Floyd hung up, he asked one more time for Mayo’s cellphone number. “No,” Mayo said. “I’ll call you.”

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-23-2007 at 04:15 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:58 PM   #87
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
There are a lot of rumblings about there being some bad chemistry in the Suns locker room, especially with Amare acting childish at times and Marion being unhappy with his lack recognition. They are on shaky ground, even with a good character guy like Nash. Adding a headcase like Mayo could really mess things up.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:40 PM   #88
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i love cockyness

this is why i love gilbert arenas.

we need players like that ala van ex

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #89
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
It's very possible Conley Jr., one the draft's best PGs (if not THE best), could be coming to Portland as well, as Oden did hint that he may make a push for whatever team he gets selected by to trade for Conley just to increase his comfort.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
Old 05-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #90
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Mayo sounds like a douche to me.. wouldn't be interested in a shoot first, shoot second, turnover third guy.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #91
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

He sounds like a J.R Smith type, wouldn't want him on my team because he can't possibly be as good as he thinks he is. He would however be good on the Suns with that offensive talent but between Amare's ego and his ego that team would definitely explode. It would be fun to watch.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:39 PM   #92
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

mayo is brilliant. ill take him anyday.