Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-04-2004, 12:45 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bush does NOT run from Zell Miller

I thought I had read some stories where the 'pubs were running away from Zell Miller. Well if they are, then they must be Girlie-Men. Because W's not.

zell power

Quote:
WEST ALLIS, Wis. — President Bush, ignoring press derision of Zell Miller, yesterday began invoking him on the campaign trail, which brought raucous applause from voters who share the fiery Georgian's opposition to fellow Democratic Sen. John Kerry.
"Zell Miller of Georgia, he's a discerning Democrat," Mr. Bush told a rally in Moosic, Pa., his first stop after accepting the party's nomination Thursday. The audience of 8,000 exploded in cheers.
The reaction was even more dramatic at the president's next stop here, where the crowd of 20,000 made more noise than any other gathering the president has addressed during the campaign. One of those cheering the loudest was Brian Lunde, national co-chairman of Democrats for Bush.
"You know, Brian and Zell Miller, they're on to something," Mr. Bush said. "There's a lot of discerning Democrats who understand that four more years will make this country safer, stronger and better.
"And this campaign welcomes all Democrats and independents," he added. "Our vision includes everybody. Our message is for every single citizen in this country."
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2004, 12:49 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Bush does NOT run from Zell Miller

Continuing on this story... I've read that the dem's are playing with some fire here if they trash miller and I think that is correct. Southernors have no problem with a man with personal righteous anger telling what he thinks. Having a bunch of consultants and liberal politicians bash him is NOT good politics brotha'.

Quote:
Mr. Miller's press secretary, Sheridan Watson, said the senator's office received 2,000 phone calls after his speech, two-thirds of which were supportive. There also were 15,500 e-mail messages, 60 percent of which favored the senator.
Supporters praised Mr. Miller's spunk, with one claiming to have enjoyed "the best sleep of my life after that speech." Detractors expressed embarrassment for Mr. Miller, with one saying he "needs anger-management classes."
Democrats have branded the speech a "rant" that will alienate swing voters.
"Senator Miller's wild-eyed, vicious attack on Senator Kerry's patriotism has already backfired and has turned off scores of women, moderate and independent voters of all walks of life," said Anne Lewis, deputy director of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.
But yesterday, Mr. Miller predicted just the opposite.
"In Georgia and the rest of the South, there's a very, very large number of Democrats who are voting for President Bush," he said. "They believe he's right on the family values issues and on taking the war to the terrorists."
Mr. Miller said the number of pro-Bush Democrats will grow as they learn more about Mr. Kerry, whom he called a "quote-unquote war hero."
Kerry campaign spokesman Phil Singer pointed out that Mr. Miller previously praised Mr. Kerry, as well as Democrats Bill Clinton and Al Gore.
"So it's no surprise that back home in Georgia they call him Zig Zag Zell," Mr. Singer said. "At the end of the day, people are going to reject the spitball, spitfire brand of politics that Zell Miller and George Bush enjoy and go with a candidate who has a plan to put America back on the right track."
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 09-04-2004, 06:18 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

Default RE:Bush does NOT run from Zell Miller

What Zell miller should have said to Chris Matthews. Pretty funny..

miller slaps matthews

Quote:
I've seen a lot of people raving over Zell Miller's performance in his interview with Chris Matthews last night. Rightfully so, for the most part. It was certainly nice to see blowhardus interruptus get a taste of his own medicine for once. But I think Sen. Miller screwed up with this answer, missing a major opportunity to correct Matthews' distortion of the record:

MILLER: Wait a minute. Don't pull that kind of stuff on me, like you did that young lady when you had her there, browbeating her to death. I am not her. I am not her.

(CHEERING AND APPLAUSE)

MATTHEWS: Let me tell you, she was suggesting that John Kerry purposely shot himself to win a medal. And I was trying to correct the record.

MILLER: You get in my face, I am going to get back in your face.

(CROSSTALK)

MILLER: The only reason you are doing it is because you are standing way over there in Herald Square.

Matthews claimed to be trying to "correct the record" himself when he mistreated Michelle Malkin. But he's full of it. Since he wasn't pulling any punches anyway, what Miller should've said is something like this:

MATTHEWS: Let me tell you, she was suggesting that John Kerry purposely shot himself to win a medal. And I was trying to correct the record.

MILLER: No she wasn't, you blithering idiot. She said that there was reason to believe one of his wounds was "self-inflicted"-

MATTHEWS: Exactly, she-

MILLER: Shut up, you preening nincompoop. She said, "self-inflicted." If you spent more time studying the facts - and maybe consulting a dictionary - and less time having your hair blowdried, you'd know that "self-inflicted" doesn't mean the same thing as "intentional."

If you knew more about the military than what you learned watching M.A.S.H. as a pimply-faced teenager while your betters - including President Bush and John Kerry both - were serving their country, you'd know that the possibility that a wound was "self-inflicted" has a bearing on whether or not a Purple Heart is appropriate. If you cared more for the truth than spinning the facts to help John Kerry get elected, you'd know that even my former Georgia Senate colleague Max Cleland has said he himself didn't deserve a Purple Heart because his wounds weren't sustained in a battle with the enemy.

And if you'd allowed the woman to finish what she was saying instead of shouting her down because she was saying things that weren't helpful to your blatantly obvious partisan interests, you might've heard that the fact that wound is self-inflicted - which Kerry's campaign staff has now admitted might indeed have been the case - doesn't mean it's unworthy of respect - but it could mean that it shouldn't have gotten him a Purple Heart.

But you can't or won't do any of those things. You don't even rise to the level of a pedant. Pedants at least know something. You're just a worthless hack, a schoolyard bully who beats up on women half your size and tries to shout down anybody who won't toe the Democrat party line to which you've so obviously prostituted yourself. All the more reason why I wonder why I even agreed to come onto your show. It's not like anyone even watches it any more - except maybe people who are hoping to see you have an aneurysm on live TV.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:09 PM   #4
knowitall

knowitall is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Bush does NOT run from Zell Miller

This Miller is charming. Charming like finding a bandaid in you hambuger.
knowitall is offline   Reply With Quote