Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default No Surprising, but Very Interesting....from 82games.com

check this out for more exact detail...

82games has compiled statistics showing how teams have performed with two specific players on the floor together. These "player pairs" are a complementary data view to our 5-man unit stats that measure unit performance. By focusing on two players at a time we can better understand which guys bring out the best in each other.
Please note that these numbers are in raw form and have not been adjusted for the other players in the five-man unit, nor for the opposing 5-man unit on the floor at the same time. They have been revised however to reflect "continuation" accounting of on court events.
1. Ginobili & Duncan
2. Nash & Marion
3. Terry & Nowitzki
4. Allen & Radmanovic
5. D.Jones & Wade

Terry and Dirk the third best floor combo in the league....imagine how much better they would be in they had been playing major minutes together since day one of the season...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2005, 06:34 PM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Not Surprising, but Very Interesting....from 82games.com

It's interesting that the Jones/Wade combo is more effective than the Shaq/Wade combo
Old 01-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

who knew? Also, Nash and Marion instead of Amare

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Our coaches may have missed an oh-so-very-obvious trick in not starting Terry from Day 1. Given that we had so many poor starts in November & December, I wonder if we could have easily been a few less losses and with a much better chemistry & understanding among the players.

Considering that we're only 3 losses more than the league leader, who knows, we might actually been #1 if Terry had started from Day 1.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:57 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Not Surprising, but Very Interesting....from 82games.com

Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M
Our coaches may have missed an oh-so-very-obvious trick in not starting Terry from Day 1. Given that we had so many poor starts in November & December, I wonder if we could have easily been a few less losses and with a much better chemistry & understanding among the players.

Considering that we're only 3 losses more than the league leader, who knows, we might actually been #1 if Terry had started from Day 1.

Our first 8 games we started out 7-1. Unless your insisting that with Terry starting we would be 8-0 in that stretch. I agree we're better with Terry starting but I don't think our record would be any better than it is right now with Terry starting at the beginning of the season. It took Terry awhile to learn the system. It took Nash longer than a season to learn it. Looks like Terry has learned it within a couple of months.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:29 PM   #6
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M

Our first 8 games we started out 7-1. Unless your insisting that with Terry starting we would be 8-0 in that stretch. I agree we're better with Terry starting but I don't think our record would be any better than it is right now with Terry starting at the beginning of the season. It took Terry awhile to learn the system. It took Nash longer than a season to learn it. Looks like Terry has learned it within a couple of months.
With Terry starting we're 11-3. Since our record now is 26-12, I guess that would mean we were 15-9 with Harris/DA starting at PG. So based on that and based on the fact that there were so many games (even in some of our wins!) where we'd start very slow and try to catch up the rest of the way. OTOH, we see so many 60 or 70 point first halfs with Terry starting.

Also, I believe the scoring has gone up by over 10 points since Terry starting. That alone (and I don't know the difference in the defensive #s) should have won us a few tight games we lost.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 03:31 AM   #7
TheBaron

TheBaron is on a distinguished road

Not too surprising when you look at Nowitzki's +/- rating. He's currently 1st in the league with a Roland ranking of +25.9. Terry is 9th in the league (above Steve Nash, LeBron James, Jason Kidd) with a Roland of +13.0

Oh boy!
TheBaron is offline   Reply With Quote