Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-14-2022, 04:51 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Now that Ayton has signed an offer sheet is a SnT with Indiana still an option? Myles Turner had been rumored
No SnT is possible. Phoenix has two options - match or decline to match
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 04:54 PM   #2
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
No SnT is possible. Phoenix has two options - match or decline to match
I guess at this moment they still can since nothing has been signed, but you?re right once Ayton signs PHX has 2 options.

Bobby Marks: Because the clock to match doesn?t start until midnight, both sides still have time work out a sign-and-trade before the offer sheet is officially signed. ? via Twitter BobbyMarks42
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 05:45 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bobby Marks: Because the clock to match doesn?t start until midnight, both sides still have time work out a sign-and-trade before the offer sheet is officially signed. ? via Twitter BobbyMarks42
That's not the way a sign and trade works so I don't know where Marks is getting that

Maybe the Pacers gave the Suns until Midnight to work out a sign and trade OR they would sign Ayton outright?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:25 PM   #4
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
That's not the way a sign and trade works so I don't know where Marks is getting that

Maybe the Pacers gave the Suns until Midnight to work out a sign and trade OR they would sign Ayton outright?
My guess is Ayton hasn?t signed anything yet to start the clock. I believe Woj reported that Ayton had ?agreed? to a max contract with Indiana, so maybe that?s why the clock hasn?t started ticking?
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:32 PM   #5
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
My guess is Ayton hasn?t signed anything yet to start the clock. I believe Woj reported that Ayton had ?agreed? to a max contract with Indiana, so maybe that?s why the clock hasn?t started ticking?
Exactly, what, we had 10 days between Brunson's agreement to the actual signing. All last week supposedly we were talking to the Knicks about an SnT for Brunson.

So in this case it's agreed to, but not signed yet....Suns-Pacers probably burning up the phone lines to work something out.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote