Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-16-2006, 10:42 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Little House on the Prairie updates

There's a Lost thread, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a running thread keeping up with the goings on in Walnut Grove.

Well, I watched an episode today on KDFI 27 and also caught one on The Hallmark channel.

On the Hallmark Channel, Mary's having difficulty reading and having some headaches. So, Pa takes her to get her eyes checked out. When the new glasses don't seem to help, they go back to the eye doctor. Well, it turns out that she had scarlett fever when she was younger and it damaged some nerves in her eyes. So get this! She's going blind. One morning, she wakes up screaming for help from 'Pa'... sure enough, she's woken up and can no longer see. She shuns the young man that has started to court her because she feels like she's no longer worthy. Eventually, she's shipped off to a school for the blind.

On KDFI 27, the Oleson's are having marital difficulties. Nels gets ticked off when Harriet embarrases him in front of Caroline. Well, they split up. There wasn't too much to this episode to go into depth about...Just Pa and Caroline scheming to try and get the two back together. It was a solid episode, and their efforts worked. Nels and Harriet both got back together and lived 'happily' ever after. Personally, I'd kick Harriet to the curb and shack up with Ms. Beadle... But hey, that's just me.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That episode with mary going blind was devastating. Just devastating. It was as popular as the "Who shot J.R.?" episode of Dallas.

People literally crying in the streets.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still hoping that the kill Laura off. Maybe they could adopt another child and have her fall down a well or somesuch. She's such an annoying little beast of a child.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Today was an emotionally charged Little House on the Prairie. I don't know if I can even begin to go into details to describe all that went on... It was a constant up and down of emotions....

Well, the Ingalls, Oleson's, and the Garvey's left Walnut Grove (they had been going through some drought and difficulties with the railroad).... Anyways, they move to Winoka where Mary went away for blind school. The Ingalls get a job at a hotel. Carolyn works as the cook/waitress. Charles is the manager. They find city living difficult. The bar across the street is loud and full of whores. The next to youngest daughter, Carrie, starts to pick up on words that she shouldn't like 'damn' and 'taint'.

Well, anyways, the biggest thing is that this episode introduced us to Albert. He's an orphan that shines shoes and steals to get by. At the end of the episode, Charles invites Albert to come to Mary's 16th birthday party... It's apparent that he immediately fits in with the rest of the family. The show ends with an emotionally charged rendition of Hampton's Second performed by Charles on the Violin.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:10 PM   #5
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Murph, you make me smile!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:13 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Well, anyways, the biggest thing is that this episode introduced us to Albert. He's an orphan that shines shoes and steals to get by. At the end of the episode, Charles invites Albert to come to Mary's 16th birthday party... It's apparent that he immediately fits in with the rest of the family. The show ends with an emotionally charged rendition of Hampton's Second performed by Charles on the Violin.
So it didn't end with a front view of the house at night and everyone saying goodnight to each other as the lights turn off? No "Goodnight John Boy?"?????
Old 02-17-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Well, considering they're not in Walnut Grove and they're living in a hotel....umm, no.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

***spoiler***
I hear in the next episode that Crissy overhears something and mistakenly thinks that Janet and Jack are sleeping together.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #9
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I knew how to quit you.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #10
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Shit wrong thread

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/

Last edited by grbh; 02-17-2006 at 08:43 PM.
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grbh

Shit wrong thread

genius.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:04 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched the one where the whole town beats the "chinaman" simply for being different...but they all learn a valuable lesson at the end...."chinamen" know kung fu!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Carolyn found out that she's pregnant with her 4th child. She's worrying that Charles will be upset if they child is not a girl. I wonder how this one will turn out?
Old 02-21-2006, 02:12 PM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Charles = prick

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

? Charles has been nothing but supportive. Bite your tongue you evil wench.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

The blind school was moved to Walnut Grove thanks to a donation of land and housing by the church. Harriet Oleson learned that the color of one's skin is not as important as what's inside of a person.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:42 AM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Have you gotten to the one where the kids visit the first bike store on the prairie and get touched by the store owner?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:40 AM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

I think that one is after the Laura and Manley's first experience bringing in another woman to the relationship.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:58 AM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I have to start watching
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:11 AM   #20
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Which season is it that Laura gets the Monkey? And is that the same one where she starts sleeping with Chandler?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #21
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Caught the end of an episode that had Colonel Sanders. Free Kentucky Fried Chicken for the entire set? Doubtless.
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:35 PM   #22
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

thanks to all of you for making me smile. rough two days at school, but the last few responses in this thread totally made me happy! (not to mention spit a bit o' diet dr. pepper all over!)

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Just some updates... Laura met Almoso Wilder... Her future husband. I must say, when she met him she was an ugly duckling..but by the time they got hitched, she was smoking hot.

Little Jenny and her father come to Walnut Grove to stay with Laura and Almonso... Well, her father is terminally ill and passes away. Jenny tried to off herself via the miracle of drowining. But, she's saved by a friend that cannot swim. It truly was an emotional episode. Jenny wanted to be with her mother and father and thought that offing herself would get her to them quicker...
Old 03-12-2006, 10:33 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

I'm hoping that the season finale is soon. I may start watching after that.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Go sidetrack another thread with your trollish posts...
Old 03-13-2006, 12:06 AM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Did you fall off Dirk's nutsack and land here for that post murph? I hope you didn't get hurt.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:07 AM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Is that why he was missing so many open looks?
Old 03-13-2006, 12:08 AM   #28
Drbio
Banned

good one.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:34 AM   #29
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Talking

this is my favorite Lhop episode

http://www.quahog5news.com/index.php?p=searchvideos

go down to Fore, Father, and download

Last edited by Just211; 03-13-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Just211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:04 AM   #30
Drbio
Banned

hahahaha....that is just irreverent Just211.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

I watched the first episode again a couple of days ago... It makes me get a bit emotional every time..
Old 01-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury_rev
Caught the end of an episode that had Colonel Sanders. Free Kentucky Fried Chicken for the entire set? Doubtless.
You know, I didn't realize that you were speaking about an actual episode, but I saw that one a few months back. Charles can play the hell out of the fiddle...