Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-16-2004, 09:14 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Murphy's new list of players that he does not like.

1. Kobe - when he's not raping women, he's over-exaggerating injuries and playing selfish basketball.

2. Sammy Sosa - Let's see, he beats women, uses a corked bat, and then kisses butt to every fan trying to come off as a good guy. He's the new Anti-Christ of Baseball.

3. Eduardo Najera - He hustles but is also guilty of the 'Fake Hustle'. Plus, he's overrated.

4. NVE - high volume shooter with a big time attitude problem.

5. AI - How did he slip so low on the countdown? Well, it's a banner crop of players that I do not like this time. Let's see, he's always in trouble with the police. He jacks up a ridiculous amount of shots. He's all about himself. He's your typical NBA player.

Honorable mention:

Tom Glavine - He threw at Dale Murphy whenever Murph was traded to the Phillies a little over a decade ago. I almost forgave him of that, but he had to go off and sign with the Mets. There's no excuse for that.

Pete Rose - He was the Baseball Anti-Christ before Sammy Sosa came along. He bet on baseball and lied about it for 14 years.

Joe Montana - Someone had to make 'The Throw' that led to 'The Catch'

All New York Yankees

All New York Yankee fans

So, which players do you not like the most?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2004, 09:27 AM   #2
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Murphy's new list of players that he does not like.

liking players is overated.

Rasheed Wallace - Punk who gets of on humilating team mates.

Bonzi Wells - See Rasheed Wallace.

There is loads more, but my distaste for those two is all I can come up with at the moment.

I don't know enough about other US sports to dislike the players much, that said, I'm not overly fond of that idiot NFL player who try his hardest to run down a traffic cop.
Idiot.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Randy Moss....
throw him and Terrell Owens on my 'honorable mention' list.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:06 AM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Murphy's new list of players that he does not like.

Sosa, Bonds, McGwire, aka, steroids.

Monica Seles.

Michael Schumacher.

Asian players in the LPGA. (I don't know why; besides, a couple of them are pretty).

Payton, Kobe, Stojakovich, Webber, Christie, Francis, Pollard, Bibby, Gasol, Manú, and every player -mostly if it's a rookie- who makes a career high against the Mavs (half of the league, I think).

Old 01-16-2004, 10:46 AM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

My top 5:

1. Chan Ho Park - he embodies all that is wrong with the Rangers
2. Dwight Clark and Joe Montana (they tie because the reason I don't like them involved a play by the two of them)
3. Jeremy Roenik and Brain Marchment (tie) - oh how I miss Hatcher [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
4. Latrell Sprewell - one word... choke
5. Jeremy Shokey
Old 01-16-2004, 10:56 AM   #6
veruca salt
Platinum Member

really U2, i expect better from you.

(i'm speaking as a member of the board, not a mod now, so don't think i'm trying to throw my weight around here)

Smile like you mean it
Old 01-16-2004, 11:15 AM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
really U2, i expect better from you.

(i'm speaking as a member of the board, not a mod now, so don't think i'm trying to throw my weight around here)
I changed it veruca... but I was throwing his homophobe comments that he directed towards Parcells back in his face. It was a "weak" attempt at humor, but in retrospect probably insensitive.

Sorry.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:18 AM   #8
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Ahh.... I'm sorry. I didn't actually know about those comments (seeing as I've never heard of him, that's not too much of a surprise)
So I was right to expect more from you then [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 01-16-2004, 11:23 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Now, let's get this thread back on topic. And remember, let's be PC.

Ok, which professional athletes do you dislike and why.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:29 AM   #10
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Karl Malone - dirty, dirty, dirty.
And plus I get sick of hearing the commercials for his damn car dealership here...
Old 01-16-2004, 11:36 AM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

1-4) Bill Romanowski - Despicable human being and a roid abuser. He's the only person in sports to whom I wish a career ending injury.

5) Karl Malone - I've never liked his game and he crys too much.

Old 01-16-2004, 11:46 AM   #12
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Now, let's get this thread back on topic. And remember, let's be PC.

Ok, which professional athletes do you dislike and why.
As far as I know, you're not a professional athlete, but I've still been known to give you "honorable mention".

[img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

Don't be mad! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2004, 12:17 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Thank you, Smiles. That means alot coming from you.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:07 PM   #14
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

edit
Old 01-16-2004, 01:10 PM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Rick Fox, Roger Clemens, Kobe, Steve Francis, Wally Scezecezrzezvevezrebiak, Romo, Shannon Sharpe, Jon Gruden (not a player, but still, did you SEE the haircut the other night?), and, I guess that's all for name. I'm not feeling too spiteful this morning.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:15 PM   #16
veruca salt
Platinum Member

oh Rick Fox!
How is it possible this thread went 14 posts without
his name getting a mention.
It's the smugness that gets me everytime!

Smile like you mean it
Old 01-16-2004, 01:17 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Yeah, Veruca...he's one to mention. But, there's so many players to dislike. It's hard to narrow it down enough for me to actually fit him onto my list.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:43 PM   #18
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I would have to go with the following:

Webber: Can't stand the smirk on his face after he makes what he perceives to be a big play.

Steve Kerr: Because he ended my team's chance at an appearance in the finals. (other that that, he's not so bad)

Doug Christie: If I have to see his "love signs" for his wife one more time, I'll puke.

Vlade Divac: He's just so freakin' ugly!

Steve Francis: Every time the Mavs played Houston last year he had a comment before the game about how the Mavs were nothing special and overrated. Then we swept them. What a loser.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 08:14 PM   #19
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Randy Moss....
throw him and Terrell Owens on my 'honorable mention' list.

I am a huge TO fan( only when he does not play against cowboys). However, I am surprised Rose was not on the top of that list.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:16 PM   #20
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
4. Latrell Sprewell - one word... choke
Oh, c'mon, Cwebb should be "The Choke", "the Timeout" etc etc.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:08 AM   #21
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

cwebb choked somebody?
Old 01-17-2004, 12:28 AM   #22
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

All Rockets players with the exception of Jimmy Jackson

Dirk

Kevin Willis, too old to be a cheerleader

Zach Randolph

Laurence Funderburke, it's amazing he's still playing

Eric Snow

Mike Miller

Karl Malone

It's a shame that probably half the people that read this post will stop at Dirk. I DON'T HATE DIRK, IT WAS A JOKE.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 12:43 AM   #23
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
cwebb choked somebody?

I am sure that was a joke but for an enjoyment- how about calling a timeout when there is no timeout?"
Old 01-17-2004, 12:49 AM   #24
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

I can't believe nobody has said shaq!

I absolutely loathe shaq with his asinine comments, his cheating style of ball, his fake smarmy-ness, his ridiculous genetic lottery winnings, and most of all his arrogance.

ai=thug
d. davis=thug
r. patterson=thug
rashweed=thug
k. malone=thug
k. bryant=prima donna thug

There's more, but these top the list.
Old 01-17-2004, 01:41 AM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

mff, u2's post was in reference to spree's choking of P.J. carlesimo... not choking on the court (although he has done that i'm sure)
Old 01-17-2004, 02:04 AM   #26
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm just off the top of my head...

jason kidd - multiple reasons

warren sapp - used to like him, but he pretty much ruined himself this year with all that victimization crap.

kobe - his arrogance is overwhelming

shaq - he seems likeable half the time, the other half he's usually saying something really, really stupid.

pete rose - please, please go away.....far far away.

derek jeter - again with the arrogance factor.

tommy maddox....no reason really, i just hate the steelers.

o.j. simpson - nevermind, i won't go there

The entire roster of the 1992 Buffalo Bills - evil, evil bastards

i'm sure i can think of some more later

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 03:14 AM   #27
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Jason Kidd, good one mary!

Smile like you mean it
Old 01-17-2004, 12:36 PM   #28
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
mff, u2's post was in reference to spree's choking of P.J. carlesimo... not choking on the court (although he has done that i'm sure)
Now that the night is over and I am not drunk anymore, I understand the context in which u2 put spreewell.

Old 01-17-2004, 01:33 PM   #29
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

K-Mart for the jokes he made about Zo.

Also hated for obvious reasons: K Malone, J Kidd, S Francis
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 01:44 PM   #30
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Derek Jeter- Most over rated player in baseball

Karl Malone- Just cant stand him

Barry Sanders- Great runner...horrible running back...also over rated

Anyone that has ever played in a Redskins uniform except Darrel Green and LaVar Arrington(loved him in college)

Jeremy Shocky- calls Parcells a homo and drops 5 passes against him
Old 01-18-2004, 12:45 AM   #31
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

tony parker-because his head is too big for his body

mike bibby-because he looks like mini-me

peja-because he looks like mini-vlade, except not entertaining to watch

rick fox-because he's the most arrogant of the peanut gallery that rode shaq and kobe to a ring.

kobe-arrogant

Kidd, Francis-obvious

John Stockton for not giving up the old school shorts when the rest of the world did.

The bullet proof helmet that is pat riley's hair

Antawn Jamison-gots some serious eyebrows, don't he?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Webber-smug

many more to come...

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:09 PM   #32
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road

Dale Muphy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2004, 06:08 PM   #33
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Mike Tyson: Granted he can provide some comical relief
Romo: Nobody I hate more in the NFL
Chan Ho Park: Nobody I hate more in MLB

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:02 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

TheBac, your opinion does not count.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:28 PM   #35
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I sure dont like Saddam...did'nt he used to play something?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:33 PM   #36
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Invasion of the fake Murphy troll?
Old 01-20-2004, 12:41 PM   #37
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: murphy4
murphy3 loves the taste of saddams nutsack
this punk took my funny line and turned it into a hate murph joke...that is just not right...screw with some else's joke if you want to screw with murph!

sikes take on Murphy3: just fine..good poster who calls it like he sees it....

sike's take on murphy4: troll who killed my joke and hates murph thus making him a punk.. will be gone if he keeps saying the following :

Quote:
murphy3 loves the taste of saddams nutsack

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-20-2004, 12:43 PM   #38
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I think the fake Murphy is a goner already. Check out the Other Sports section - Payton Manning thread.

This guy is infatuated with Murphy... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 12:44 PM   #39
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: murphy4

Bye Bye Troll.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:48 PM   #40
sike
The Preacha

God bless LRB [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].....and me too...