Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-31-2006, 01:01 AM   #41
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Buy a xbox live gold card on ebay. I got mine on for $35, 13 months.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:05 AM   #42
Astroholic

Astroholic is on a distinguished road

360 all the way. If I had to choose for second I'd go with PS3 then Wii. I can't see Wii being fun for longer than a short period of time.

Last edited by Astroholic; 12-31-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Astroholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:56 PM   #43
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Wii just looks SO incredibly stupid to me. The games are all cartoonish and kiddy-like games. Nothing is intended to look real, where with the 360 and PS3 the goal is to look as real as possible. I guess that is just more my cup of tea being such a huge sports game fan. I want to play with Federer and Blake, not BIG HEAD GUY 1 and BIG HEAD GUY 2!

But if those type of things don't stop you and you don't mind nothing being actually real and with "real" looking people and stuff, then I guess the Wii would probably be pretty entertaining.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:51 PM   #44
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Dan has two Wii's. Just the other day he was telling me how he loved the Wii Wii.

I'm confused.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #45
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Wii just looks SO incredibly stupid to me. The games are all cartoonish and kiddy-like games. Nothing is intended to look real, where with the 360 and PS3 the goal is to look as real as possible. I guess that is just more my cup of tea being such a huge sports game fan. I want to play with Federer and Blake, not BIG HEAD GUY 1 and BIG HEAD GUY 2!

But if those type of things don't stop you and you don't mind nothing being actually real and with "real" looking people and stuff, then I guess the Wii would probably be pretty entertaining.
Dan, check out some of the reviews on YouTube for Madden '07 for Wii. Sure, it's not on par with a $99000 PS3, but it's pretty damn good. "Big head guy 1 and 2" are a part of a game that comes free with the system, so it's not really fair to judge.

I don't really care how perfectly real things look.. I'm from the 8-bit generation, so I still think Playstation 1 looks awesome. But, I am big on sports games too.

Anyway, Madden looked pretty damn good to me, not on 360 or PS3 level, but as good as PS2 or Gamecube, at least.

I really think it's a matter of the target market. I haven't bought a game system since I bought a NES in 1988 - I'm 26 - and most of my friends are the same way. Every few years someone would splurge and maybe one person I knew would end up with one brand new system.. it would get played every once in a great while. My roommate and I had an original Playstation in college and those were 5 or 6 years old by the time we were playing them. NBA Live 2000 and Crash Team Racing were awesome for me.

My point is, after not buying a Genesis, SNES, N64, Playstation, Xbox, ad nauseam, I'm gonna go get a Wii just as soon as I don't have to bend over backwards to find one, and a lot of the reasons I want it are the same reasons PS3 lovers don't want it. It's a nice little stratification of the video game market.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:07 PM   #46
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

That's the thing..... people are too much into graphics, but gameplay is very important, moreso than graphics. Wii Sports looks far better than any game that came bundled with the PS3 or the Xbox 360.... that is to say, it looks better than nothing. But it is way more fun than most games I've played lately, even the ones I forked over 65 bucks for.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:55 PM   #47
Astroholic

Wii is for kids. Won't be fun for over a month for kids over 15. Be smart and get a 360.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #48
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Old 01-01-2007, 10:55 PM   #49
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroholic
Wii is for kids. Won't be fun for over a month for kids over 15. Be smart and get a 360.
I guess I got 8 years younger cause I'm still playing it!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:15 AM   #50
Astroholic

Give it a month
Old 01-02-2007, 01:07 AM   #51
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Dude, supporters of the Wii don't look that nerdy! Give them some credit!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:20 AM   #52
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dude, supporters of the Wii don't look that nerdy! Give them some credit!
Yeah. See, but no...

Yeah.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:25 AM   #53
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroholic
Give it a month
I've had it since launch....... that's more than a month
Old 01-02-2007, 01:47 AM   #54
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

The mere fact that you can't play World of Warcraft on the Wii means it is intended for people who are not afraid of daylight, women, or physical activity.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:50 AM   #55
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
The mere fact that you can't play World of Warcraft on the Wii means it is intended for people who are not afraid of daylight, women, or physical activity.
Winner.

Alright kids. Those are the parameters, now choose accordingly.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:42 AM   #56
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

A supporter of a Wii is claiming to like outdoor activities???

A system that allows you to fully act out sports without any of the exercise one would get from truly playing them??? Well, I guess it could make your hand/wrist stronger for your nights alone! When I want to play a game, I play a game. When I want to participate in sports, I leave my damn house and participate in sports!