Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-04-2007, 03:58 AM   #1
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute
Default Phil Jackson calls out D'Antoni for having the maturity of an 11-year old

This is from the recap from the Lakers thrashing of the Suns the other night:

Quote:
The only interesting moment down the stretch came when Suns coach Mike D'Antoni became livid when Lakers coach Phil Jackson called a timeout, right after the Suns called one, with 4:55 to play and Phoenix trailing 111-78.

"Yeah, I was pretty upset," D'Antoni said. "I thought he disrespected our players. But he likes to play the mind games and that's fine. He might want to try to do it in playoff time when we bust them every year."

Jackson said he was just getting a mandatory timeout out of the way.

"He wasn't thinking straight. That's all," Jackson said of D'Antoni. "He'd understand that if he thought about it for a second. I think he thought I was trying to showboat or grandstand. But when you have a mandatory timeout coming in a minute and a half or something like that, just get it out of the way."
It's all absurd on the part of D'Antoni, but the fact that he would publicly say something like what I bolded is just pathetic. He acts like a child on the court and on the podium.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2007, 04:05 AM   #2
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

d'antoni turned coach of the year into a joke. the guy is a disgrace. all he knows to tell his players during a time out is to run faster.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:31 AM   #3
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

agreed. this guy is the luckiest basketball personality in the world. i would love to see him try to do ANYTHING without steve nash (his coaching record before nash was 35-76).
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:48 AM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"He might want to try to do it in playoff time when we bust them every year."
Wow, that sounds really stupid when it's yielded ZERO Championships...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute
Default I hate PJax, but...

Maybe if they meet in the playoffs this year, Jackson will call six consecutive timeouts to show MikeDanTony his championship rings
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortmund
d'antoni turned coach of the year into a joke. the guy is a disgrace. all he knows to tell his players during a time out is to run faster.
lol. So true.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #7
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I dont see a thing wrong with what he said because he is right. Soo wht if they dont have a any rings ...do we??? Jackson is an ass...and hes a great coach but thn again whn did he coach a team tht didnt have Jordan and Pippen...or Kobe and Shaq...and now tht hes got Kobe hes still got enough talent to get to the playoffs but wht has he done once there not much....If Mike tells his players to run faster thn tht fine because tht the way they play...Would Avery be able to do much more thn him without Dirk?? ....You see either you take what he says and think ok hes tellin the truth...or you over analyze the thing and thn you have to look at our team/coach and every other team/coach and see wht they have really done...and Unless ur the Spurs...thn I guess by the ways u guys judge things..no1 team did much. I dont look at things like tht and I think we did greta last year, The Suns did good...could have done better if not for the incident...sooo why all the hate and always trying to find negative stuff bout other teams..

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 11-04-2007 at 03:41 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #8
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Jackson is an ass because he called a timeout when Mike D'Antoni would rather that he hadn't?

I can't believe I have to defend Phil Jackson who I don't particularly like.
But give me a break. What was wrong with Jackson calling a timeout right after D'Antoni did? D'Antoni claimed this showed disrespect to his players? Right. So in order for Phil Jackson to have showed Mike the proper respect for his players, Phil should have sent an assistant coach over to the Phoenix bench to ask if it was ok for the Lakers to call a timeout?! Mike D'Antoni, you sir are an effing moron.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #9
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

D'Antoni is a whiny little bitch.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #10
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Phil Jackson is probably the best coach in NBA history.... and D'Antoni is a hack who won't ever win a championship; he'd never finish over .500 without Nash anyway. Who gives a damn what he says when all he's good for is getting beat in the WCF?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:54 PM   #11
RePLAY

RePLAY can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
I dont see a thing wrong with what he said because he is right. Soo wht if they dont have a any rings ...do we??? Jackson is an ass...and hes a great coach but thn again whn did he coach a team tht didnt have Jordan and Pippen...or Kobe and Shaq...and now tht hes got Kobe hes still got enough talent to get to the playoffs but wht has he done once there not much....If Mike tells his players to run faster thn tht fine because tht the way they play...Would Avery be able to do much more thn him without Dirk?? ....You see either you take what he says and think ok hes tellin the truth...or you over analyze the thing and thn you have to look at our team/coach and every other team/coach and see wht they have really done...and Unless ur the Spurs...thn I guess by the ways u guys judge things..no1 team did much. I dont look at things like tht and I think we did greta last year, The Suns did good...could have done better if not for the incident...sooo why all the hate and always trying to find negative stuff bout other teams..

ur the same guy that wouldnt trade deng for Kobe straigth up right? LOL

Last edited by RePLAY; 11-04-2007 at 05:55 PM.
RePLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #12
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

D'antoni can suck it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #13
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RePLAY
ur the same guy that wouldnt trade deng for Kobe straigth up right? LOL
uhhhhhhhhh NO buddy..the question was not strait up it was in a package. Strait up I would ofcourse...even thou I dont like Kobe...hes the best individual player in the game...but remember one cant beat 5 even thou sometimes it looks like it
...but in a deal tht includes Gordon, Noah, and Thomas ...i wouldnt

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 11-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #14
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
Phil Jackson is probably the best coach in NBA history.... and D'Antoni is a hack who won't ever win a championship; he'd never finish over .500 without Nash anyway. Who gives a damn what he says when all he's good for is getting beat in the WCF?
Soo the question is wht is AJ good for without Dirk

........GO MAVS
Old 11-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #15
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinFuture
Jackson is an ass because he called a timeout when Mike D'Antoni would rather that he hadn't?

I can't believe I have to defend Phil Jackson who I don't particularly like.
But give me a break. What was wrong with Jackson calling a timeout right after D'Antoni did? D'Antoni claimed this showed disrespect to his players? Right. So in order for Phil Jackson to have showed Mike the proper respect for his players, Phil should have sent an assistant coach over to the Phoenix bench to ask if it was ok for the Lakers to call a timeout?! Mike D'Antoni, you sir are an effing moron.
I didnt say th thts why he is...but remember Phil has his comment of this type too...or comment tht were not any of his busniss. Thts just wht I think of him..Mike shouldnt have said tht becaus he can call a timeout whn he wants...but at the same time Mike is right bout the playoff comment thts all I am saying

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 11-04-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #16
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didnt say th thts why he is...but remember Phil has his comment of this type too...or comment tht were not any of his busniss. Thts just wht I think of him..Mike shouldnt have said tht becaus he can call a timeout whn he wants...but at the same time Mike is right bout the playoff comment thts all I am saying
You are completely missing the point.It's not a matter of whether he's "right". It's a f-in classless thing for a coach to say. Can you imagine Pop or Avery or any classy coach saying something like that?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #17
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
You are completely missing the point.It's not a matter of whether he's "right". It's a f-in classless thing for a coach to say. Can you imagine Pop or Avery or any classy coach saying something like that?
Ur right and I am not saying tht he was right for saying it...but most of u didnt bash him cuz he said tht instead ya went on about other stuff...like how he cant do anything without Nash and his record and his style of play..whih means ya missing the point too. I think we all agree tht he shouldnt have said it cuz another coach can call a timeout whnevr he wants...

........GO MAVS
Old 11-04-2007, 06:47 PM   #18
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

What a stupid thing to get upset about.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #19
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

besides the fact that he is pissy towards a coach with 9 rings (trivia).
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #20
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Soo the question is wht is AJ good for without Dirk

What does Avery have to do with the D'Antoni/PJ discussion? You're reaching....
Old 11-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #21
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
What does Avery have to do with the D'Antoni/PJ discussion? You're reaching....
Go back and read some of the posts...people are attacking Mike on something tht has nothing to do with his comments. One of those things was wht he would be able to do without Nash...i dont think thts fair and soo i ask the question wht would AJ do without Dirk. i am just saying if you attack some1 for certain things you have to look at ur team/coach its just the fair thing to do....and ask the same question...and if the answer comes out the same..thn maybe its better if u just dont attack some1 else

........GO MAVS
Old 11-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #22
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Avery has won more than 31% of the time when Dirk isn't playing.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #23
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Go back and read some of the posts...people are attacking Mike on something tht has nothing to do with his comments. One of those things was wht he would be able to do without Nash...i dont think thts fair and soo i ask the question wht would AJ do without Dirk. i am just saying if you attack some1 for certain things you have to look at ur team/coach its just the fair thing to do....and ask the same question...and if the answer comes out the same..thn maybe its better if u just dont attack some1 else

english plz lol

And on that parting note you left us with... maybe it would have been better if Mike hadn't attacked Phil in the first place. Avery doesn't have anything to do with this.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:45 PM   #24
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #25
spreedom
Diamond Member

What's Mike whining about there?
Old 11-04-2007, 09:59 PM   #26
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

He and Taco Bell just got T'd up. Sager is currently talking about how Dan Tony thinks there is a double standard for fouls called between Taco and Howard. The ref got sick of hearing it; Mavs went on a 28-13 run afterward to end the game.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #27
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness

hahaha

"what the ##$# is wrong with you, go sit down!!!"

haha that was hilarious
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:14 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
hahaha

"what the ##$# is wrong with you, go sit down!!!"

haha that was hilarious
+rep for Phil there
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:35 AM   #29
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
agreed. this guy is the luckiest basketball personality in the world. i would love to see him try to do ANYTHING without steve nash (his coaching record before nash was 35-76).
couldn't you make the same argument for avery? i'm not sure about d' as a coach, i dont buy into the shoot fast offense nonsense but at least he gives real as hell / entertaining post game press conferences.
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #30
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by me770706
couldn't you make the same argument for avery? i'm not sure about d' as a coach, i dont buy into the shoot fast offense nonsense but at least he gives real as hell / entertaining post game press conferences.

I'm not entertained by a coach repeatedly complaining about officiating at every postgame interview after a loss...
Old 11-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #31
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

That was priceless.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #32
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
Don't worry guys, I can read lips.

D'Antoni: That's right, good job. You've got a dirty whorish mouth.
Jackson: What the #@$@'s wrong with you? Go sit down!
D'Antoni: No, why don't you go sit down on WHORE ISLAND!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #33
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

this stuff is pretty funny..but i think i'd have to side with phil jackson.

he's always been one of my favorites...all time
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #34
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
That was priceless.
i agree
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #35
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me770706
the mavs have made great strides with avery as the coach without significantly increasing their talent pool.. they finished his first season 16-2 after playing (relatively) mediocre ball the whole year under Nellie. Avery's coaching is a big part of this team's successes (and shortcomings..) - Dan Tony is just kinda there for the ride. Doc Rivers could coach THAT team to the 2nd round or WCF every year too.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #36
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
the mavs have made great strides with avery as the coach without significantly increasing their talent pool.. they finished his first season 16-2 after playing (relatively) mediocre ball the whole year under Nellie. Avery's coaching is a big part of this team's successes (and shortcomings..) - Dan Tony is just kinda there for the ride. Doc Rivers could coach THAT team to the 2nd round or WCF every year too.
Yee Dirk is here, Jet is here, Josh has improved every year, and our other players have been decent at worst the whole time. Its not like AJ took over a 40 win team and turned them into a 60. Mavs were a 55 - 60 win team and they still are...soo AJ is in the same situation as Mike IMO

** to find out who is better, you give them the Grizz, the Hawks, The Bobcats and see which1 does better...ths the only wayy

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 11-07-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #37
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

The #1 requirement for MVP and Coach of the Year should be that everyone else on your organization has to really really suck. What you actually do yourself is secondary.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 11-07-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #38
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i can't read those lips..what the F is he saying..
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote