Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-28-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Official Michael Jackson Trial Thread

I know there have been several threads but none really relating to the trial itself.

Anyways....discuss it here.

I think that Foxnews headline "Blow for Jackson" in regards to the recent ruling allowing his past allegations to be brought to the jury was pretty unfortunate. They have to have edtors for those headlines right?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2005, 04:33 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Official Michael Jackson Trial Thread

sigh...

this reminds me....where the heck is LRB?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:06 AM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The Official Michael Jackson Trial Thread

Maid: He showered with a boy
The woman whose son is also an accuser says she decided not to confront Jackson over bathroom scene

BY DIONNE SEARCEY
STAFF CORRESPONDENT

April 6, 2005

SANTA MARIA, Calif. -- Michael Jackson's former maid, who changed his sheets, washed his laundry and even cleaned up after his chimpanzee, testified yesterday that she once saw him showering with a 7-year-old boy.

The woman, whose son told jurors Monday that Jackson fondled him three times when he was young, said she walked into the star's bedroom suite at Neverland one day in 1989 and heard laughter and running water. She said she peeked inside the bathroom and, through a foggy shower door, saw an image of Jackson and what appeared to be a young boy.

On the floor outside the shower door, she said, were Jackson's underwear, white briefs, alongside "little green underwear, neon green, with little characters like Spiderman."

"I was going to talk to them, but then I thought, no, I'd better not, so I left," said the woman, who was Jackson's personal maid from 1986 to 1991.

In this case, prosecutors say Jackson molested a 13-year-old cancer patient; the singer's attorneys say the boy's family sought money from him.

Yesterday, the courtroom entered a time warp as the former maid and her son testified about boys they saw in Jackson's bedroom, their meetings with lawyers and detectives, interviews with tabloid journalists and cash settlements they received from the star - all of which occurred more than a decade ago.

The passage of time tripped up Jackson's attorney, Thomas Mesereau Jr., who had trouble trying to impeach them about depositions given in the early 1990s. Both the woman and her son couldn't recall their words in those interviews.

At one point yesterday, the son, now 24, became exasperated as Mesereau presented him with his old depositions. "Dear Lord," he said. "You can show me the transcript, but I still won't remember what I said."

He later told jurors Jackson stuffed a $100 bill down his shorts after fondling him on two occasions when he was about 7 years old. When his mother took the stand, she said she was startled when her boy showed her the money back then.

"To me, it was a lot of money for a little kid," she said.

The mother said Jackson often had boys sleep in his bedroom at Neverland. She twice saw the boy she said showered with Jackson in his bed. Once, she saw the two in bed, bare from the waist up, under covers from the waist down, she said.

The woman said she has never discussed with her son his allegations that Jackson fondled him. Charges were never brought against the entertainer, who settled with the woman and the boy reportedly for $2 million. But the mother said she was uncomfortable with the attention Jackson gave her son, which included snuggling with him on a sleeping bag and holding the boy on his lap.

Working as Jackson's maid had its perks, the woman testified under cross examination. The star gave her hundreds of dollars, two jackets from his concert tours and a large oak coffee table from his attic. She added, however, that Bubbles the chimpanzee bit her twice.

Sicko

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll truly be saddened when this sick bastard gets away with this....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:13 PM   #5
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Down with the scum.

This guy is gonna be everybody's b**** in jail.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Bubbles the chimpanzee.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I'll truly be saddened when this sick bastard gets away with this....
Seriously.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #8
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

The jury has reached a verdict...............to be announced later within the hour.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:16 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

3:45 Texas time announcement. It was just delayed for a 15 minutes to allow the sick bastard enough time to get to the courthouse.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:52 PM   #10
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Michael Jackson supporters form a human chain Monday as a caravan carrying Jackson to court leaves the singer's Neverland ranch.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:54 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Caliente

Michael Jackson supporters form a human chain Monday as a caravan carrying Jackson to court leaves the singer's Neverland ranch.
making $6.50 an hour...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-13-2005, 05:17 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

not guilty....

Old 06-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

*sigh*

Criminal Justice indeed.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:47 PM   #14
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

excuse me, I have to go dance in the streets now.

Damn that MJ is one smooth criminal.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:48 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I guess if you're famous and have enough money, you can get away with just about anything.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:57 PM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

It's not that MJ is smooth - the system and society's perceptions are flawed. Many sezual offenders are acquitted for similar actions all over the country. This acquital is particularly damaging because it sends a message to offenders that their actions are "okay", and to victims that they should just keep their mouths shut.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:18 PM   #17
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

edit - Damn that MJ is one splotchy criminal.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:14 PM   #18
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Thanks for humoring me. I just couldn't stand for him to receive the remotest of compliments.

I was going to use a smiley, but considering the topic, I simply can't.

He's splotchy - and then some.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:41 PM   #19
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Once again, Jackson gets off. <ahem>
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:10 AM   #20
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

So this is the message america is sending to other countires:

It's ok to murder your wife and sleep with little boys, but if you go around the system to make a little extra money you will be getting hard time.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:23 AM   #21
sike
The Preacha

I'm more concerned with the message we have been sending to God...greed and curruption are always sign of an Empire about to crumble....

Old 06-14-2005, 03:55 AM   #22
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You know, I can live with the fact the Jackson's attorneys were able to create reasonable doubt in the minds of the jury....but what is the hell wrong with these people forming a "chain of support" and dancing and cheering in the streets?

What IN THE HELL was there to cheer about???

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:24 PM   #23
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

That sick freak will get what's coming to him someday.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:16 PM   #24
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm more concerned with the message we have been sending to God...greed and curruption are always sign of an Empire about to crumble....
Ouch.....but oh so true....................doesn't say much for us as a nation does it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:17 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:

You know, I can live with the fact the Jackson's attorneys were able to create reasonable doubt in the minds of the jury....but what is the hell wrong with these people forming a "chain of support" and dancing and cheering in the streets?

What IN THE HELL was there to cheer about???

Saddly it seems as if they are cheering the legalizing of molesting of little boys by the rich and famous. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2005, 02:54 PM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

YAY! I knew he didn't do it!

Just like OJ!

i hope michael will soon scour the golf courses looking for "the real child molestor"
Old 06-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

"One nation, no longer under God....."
Old 06-14-2005, 03:56 PM   #28
Caliente
Diamond Member

Old 06-14-2005, 04:41 PM   #29
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...and here we all thought he was trying to become Elizabeth Taylor...who knew he was Mommie Dearest?
bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 04:49 PM   #30
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

My "faith" in our Justice system was reinforced.

Have money, will walk.

Pathetic.

I did think the Prosecution did a really poor job. It seemed like they didn't do any research of the witnesses they called outside of the boy, his Brother and possibly his Mother. But everyone else they called seemed to say exactly the opposite of what they were expecting.

KG, wouldn't you be chomping at the bit to serve as the Prosecutor in a case like that?

I know all it takes is the creation of reasonable doubt, but man..... I think it stands to reason that there is no doubt.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:28 PM   #31
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

It seems like they must have done a poor job, but then again, I haven't followed the trial closely enough to know what evidence they had to put on. Well, except for the fact that Jackson admitted serving the child alcohol but still wasn't found guilty on that count.

Personally, I think it was a combination of: 1) a bad prosecutorial job, 2) an attack on the victim and his family by the defense, and 3) stupid jurors.

Old 06-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #32
Caliente
Diamond Member

Only on Ebay......................

MJ toast

Old 06-23-2005, 08:42 PM   #33
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

to steal a joke from triumph the insult comic dog...

you all have followed the trial... so, tell me, on a scale of 1 to 10...

how old is michael's boyfriend?
Old 06-24-2005, 09:16 PM   #34
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

It was weird i was watching one of those Morning talk shows, and they had the jurors up there. And one of them said, "Do i think Michael Jackson is guilty of something? Yes. But the prosecution didn't present a good enough case."

How can somebody look at his past and present and say he was not guilty?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote