Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-12-2006, 12:51 AM   #1
joebobbill

joebobbill will become famous soon enoughjoebobbill will become famous soon enough
Default Thru 5 games, Time per game

Following is a table of minutes per game thru 5 games.

Consistent
..............SA...H....GS...LAC..Sun
A.Johnson.....18...19...19...19...24
J.Howard......35...31...14..........
E.Dampier.....21...22...14...28...17
D.George......................3...19
J.Barea.............2...............

Fading
G.Buckner.....18...22...22...21...15
A.Croshere....15...16...16....5.....
D.Diop........25...17...12...11...18

Rising
J.Stackhouse..25...24...25...37...38
D.Nowitzki....32...33...43...42...43
J.Terry.......32...27...36...40...38
D.Harris......14...13...34...29...20
M.Ager..............7.........1....3

Notes:

1. Howard goes down half way through the 3rd game. Note who makes up JHo's 30+ minutes. Before George came back, Dirk gets an extra 10. Terry gets an extra 5. Stack got 10. Harris got 15. When George got his 'expected' approx 20 minutes against the Suns, only Harris lost some time. The other 5 minutes were pulled from other players. As I see the stats, Dirk, Stack and Terry played more minutes to keep Buckner and Croshere off the floor.

2. Croshere has dropped out of the rotation. He was horrible against Golden State and only marginally better against the Clippers. With all the small ball we played against the Suns, he should have gotten major minutes, but didn't even play. This is a huge problem because there isn't another 4 available. MBenga is not a credible 4. George has become Dirk's backup during the Suns game.

3. Diop is not impressing Avery. He has lost the starting role.

4. Ager is showing Avery something. He played 3 minutes against the Suns at the end of the 1st half. These were not 'garbage minutes'.
joebobbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I enjoy it when someone takes the time to look at stuff like this. Well done first of all.....

1. Keeping Cro and Buck off the floor may not be a bad thing.

2. I can live with George being Dirk's backup. Cro will improve I hope with some time but limiting his minutes won't kill the Mavs.

3. I agree. He will undoubtedly improve though.

4. I'd like to see more minutes for Ager if he continues to hustle and perform.

5. I'd like to see Devin get more minutes at the expense of Stack, unless Stack is just on fire like he was agaisnt Phoenix.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:18 AM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff. Thanks for that.

I agree, don't worry about Diop. He has his uses in spots, and will be of tremendous value when he has to be.

I worry about Stack when I see stuff like this
Old 11-12-2006, 01:46 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice bombidil.

1. Devin can't take more minutes because he continues to have a tough time staying on the court from all of the ridiculous fouls he's getting.

2. Croshere hHAS to be better than this, he just has to be. What I'm seeing from him right now is a way too quick trigger (and of course horrible shooting). He seems to be having a much tougher time figuring out what they want from him. Maybe he's also read too many press clippings and thinks we are a jack it up team.
In his defense the rest of the team hasn't been much better, jacking up way too many threes.

3. Ager is a pretty natural it would seem against the suns, but I agree I was pretty surprised to see him out there. And you are correct there weren't any garbage minutes to be had in that game.

4. I cannot figure out if diop is playing worse or if dampier is playing better...Even the suns game although he made some mistakes he stayed in there and competed. We really needed his muscle on the boards.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote