Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did anyone like KVH?

Hey guys, I'm pretty much new here to the boards, to the Mavs, and to the NBA in general. I came home from college last summer and when I called around to see who wanted to hang out, everyone was busy watching "the game". I had no idea what that meant, but I went and watched one of the Mavs v Spurs Finals games with them and fell in love. I now have audio league pass and follow along with the nba.com play by play. Unfortunately I'm too cheap here for cable, and dont have any Mav's fans here who will go watch at the sports bar with me.

Anyway, I had a question, but also wanted to use this as my official introduction to the group.

Whenever KVH would play during the finals, I would cringe. I'm obviously still learning alot about the game, but it seemed to me that he added absolutely nothing. On top of that, I got the impression that he thought he was alot cooler than he really was (but thats besides the point). My question is: was he ever good? Did anyone ever actually like him?
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I wish this were a poll so I could vote NO.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

just what I was thinking flaco...that....and how much I hate you as well.

like KVH as a man....but has a consistant player....not so much.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I liked him quite a bit and still wish he were on the team in some respects as croshere is showing me nada. He did blow out in the playoffs and his head seems really messed up. If he gets his head right with ball I'd like to have him back.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the lounge...really?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
the lounge...really?
wow

I liked him when he went to the rim consistently. I thought he was pretty athletic.

Last edited by Windmill360; 11-14-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:58 PM   #7
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if this was posted in the wrong place. I thought putting it in the main board made sense because it is about the Mavs, but I guess not I don't want to be breaking any rules right off the bat.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #8
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I dug his socks.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

don't worry DDM, no sweat...I'd have posted where you did as well...but normally we don't post threads about fomer players when there is much more current material for discussion

Old 11-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to move it to Around the NBA... but he isn't in the NBA any longer.... so to the Lounge it went..
Old 11-14-2006, 05:52 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I liked KVH. Many of us did. I respect him as a person, I just thought he lacked focus in his final months here.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #12
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I like KVH...he was a good huy and played his role...he was inconsistant...but there are many guys worse...soo

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:13 PM   #13
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

sucked as a Mav, he did have his days in the NBA but offered nothing but mental breakdowns for us.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:47 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

He's white...so yeah, I liked him.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:59 PM   #15
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I'm kinda with Sike on this one. As a man, he seemed pretty alright. As a player? Not so much. He did have his moments though. I remember one game where he hit like 5 threes in a quarter. If that guy would have shown up more often he would have received much more love in these parts.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #16
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

If someone posted a Ro Blackman thread, or a Tarpley thread, or a Tony Dumas thread, it would go in the main section. So it makes sense to let this one go there as well.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
I liked KVH. Many of us did. I respect him as a person, I just thought he lacked focus in his final months here.
Well said. I liked him as well.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
If someone posted a Ro Blackman thread, or a Tarpley thread, or a Tony Dumas thread, it would go in the main section. So it makes sense to let this one go there as well.
Sounds like we got the potential for some hot mod on mod action. Ball is in your court U2.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:43 PM   #19
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quit trying to start crap Doc! I just don't want newbies to think they have to have a PhD to figure out where stuff needs to go... it's fine in either place.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #20
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Oh, soooo many possibilities, but less is more... in this instance.

Last edited by Nemesis; 11-14-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:01 PM   #21
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Weeeee! I'm starting quasi-drama my first week here!
Old 11-14-2006, 08:04 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

umm

lol
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #23
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

No drama.... I never claimed to be perfect.....

edit: Also, on the subject..... I liked KVH when he was Killer.... disliked him when he wasn't.....

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 11-14-2006 at 08:28 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:29 PM   #24
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Nah, I didn't like him as a player.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:58 PM   #25
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I have long been a fan of Keith Killer (ever since his days as the focal point of the Running Ute attack), so thusly I was very disapointed that his chronic injury problems prevented him from ever becoming as productive or consistent here in Dallas as I thought he was capable of being. We really needed his shooting in the finals last year, and it is just a darned shame that the continued breakdown of his body left him uncapable of proferring to us the help that we so desperately needed.

That said, I wish him nothing but well in his retirement, and I will always remember fondly that four or five week 3-point-shooting/point-forward-playmaking/full-court-fast-break-scoring binge that he ran off two Springs ago after we aquired him in that nice Hendu deal...
Old 11-14-2006, 09:05 PM   #26
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Liked Killer as a Ute, but he sucked as a pro...

Thought he was the next coming of Larry Legend, but all he turned out to be was the second coming's back up...
Old 11-14-2006, 09:25 PM   #27
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
Quit trying to start crap Doc! I just don't want newbies to think they have to have a PhD to figure out where stuff needs to go... it's fine in either place.
meorrr....mod-fight.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-14-2006, 11:15 PM   #28
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I liked him for the player that he was before. But the player that he has become? Not really a fan of his recent game.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:30 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

hahahaha....I'm not sure what's funnier....the newbie monkey running amock or Nemesis not getting it.

*giggle*
Old 11-15-2006, 12:03 AM   #30
sike
The Preacha

remember KVB?

Old 11-15-2006, 01:23 AM   #31
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

I liked KVH as a player and I liked his skill set. If anyone remembers fan jam from 2 years ago you could see just how gifted this player is. however injurys and a bad fit for this system made him seem below average in a mavs uniform. I loved the skill set just not here.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:44 AM   #32
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What a lot of people conveniently forget is that we would have been sent home with our tails between our legs if KVB had not rescued our asses from the fire with his timely three-point shooting in the San Antonio series last year. If you want to start passing out credit for our first-ever Finals appearance, you can put some on the doorstep of the pure-shooting Van Horn.

Van Horn was, in many ways, the last vestige of the greatness that was the early-2000's Mavericks. A big man who could guard 5's on the defensive end and still fill it up on offense, especially from behind the arc.

His defense was ENTIRELY underrated, his offense was much maligned, and in general he wasn't appreciated here because he was caught in a transition between a team that exploited matchup advantages (the key to KVB's success) and a team that laid it cards right there on the table for you to see.

It is a crying shame that Keith Van Horn wasn't playing for the great Mavericks team of 2003, in which case surely he would have provided the defensive presence in the post and offensive firepower from the arc that such said glorious team hung its hat on.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:52 AM   #33
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

In Game 7, KVH reminded me of Steve Kerr when he hit his first three shots from behind the arc, except he played for the good guys. His night individually had a rough ending, but the Mavs got all they needed.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:54 AM   #34
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I liked KVH a great deal, and wish he was still here. Last year he played pretty well when he was healthy. He gets a lot of shit from fans for his shooting in the playoffs last year, but I think that was probably because his hand never fully healed; he just wasn't the same after he broke his hand.

But yes, I did like him a lot. I'd be a lot more comfortable if we still had the two big scorers on the bench instead of just the one (Stack.)
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:55 AM   #35
sike
The Preacha

for every good shot....there seemed to be an airball around the corner...simply put, KVH was not consistant as a Maverick...were there multiple reasons for this...sure....but thems the facts.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:58 AM   #36
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
for every good shot....there seemed to be an airball around the corner...simply put, KVH was not consistant as a Maverick...were there multiple reasons for this...sure....but thems the facts.
You're probably right, but still, the guy could light it up occassionally. And lord knows I'll take an inconsistent guy who can go off for 20+ every now and then over a guy who is just consistently average.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:59 AM   #37
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

There's not a person with any knowledge of the NBA that wouldn't trade AC for KVH right now.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:01 AM   #38
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
There's not a person with any knowledge of the NBA that wouldn't trade AC for KVH right now.
haha...aint that the truth.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:31 AM   #39
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

From what I've read, KVH is a good person.
As a basketball player, he's been pretty decent overall throughout his career.
Last year for the Mavs he was great at times during the regular season, good enough to help win against San Antonio, and hardly much worse than anyone else against Miami. He definitely declined late last season and even when he played well, he rarely played well in the clutch. He was timid, turned the all over, passsed up open shots he should have taken, looked ridiculously Shawn-bradley-slow-motion on some "drives" to the basket and was pretty easy to defend by most 2s, 3s, and 4s in the league (when driving that is; he still had a great jumpshot when he was open and his hand wasn't injured).

Is it true that KVH decided not to play this season because he wanted to spend time with his family? That's sure nice and great to here, but his family might not be the only ones better off with him not playing anymore.

Edit: Re: Croshere. I think it's too early to rule out the possibility that Croshere can help the team as much as Van Horn did last season. He has looked bad, but it's not too late for him to improve on this team.

Last edited by WurzburgBorn; 11-15-2006 at 04:32 AM.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:47 AM   #40
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WurzburgBorn
Edit: Re: Croshere. I think it's too early to rule out the possibility that Croshere can help the team as much as Van Horn did last season. He has looked bad, but it's not too late for him to improve on this team.
No there is a lot of time left but when he can't get off the bench instead of the rookie something bad is up. If he's going to be in the dog-house this bad they need to cut him and see if they cannot do something else, right now they might as well have pops on the roster.