Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Will we make a deadline trade?
No 73 41.24%
Yes, for Kevin Martin 11 6.21%
Yes, for Iggy 22 12.43%
Yes, for Stephen Jackson 12 6.78%
Yes, for Crash 1 0.56%
Yes, for a backup 4 3 1.69%
Yes, for a backup PG 4 2.26%
Yes, for Lebron 20 11.30%
Yes, for more than one player above 4 2.26%
Yes, for other player(s) 27 15.25%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #2001
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
As a backup point guard, would you say he's at least worth more than $1.8 million?
maybe a little more but at this point the jury is still out on him
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #2002
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
maybe a little more but at this point the jury is still out on him
Really? Regardless of my dislike for Carlisle's rotation of JJB, and his seeming overt love for the midget. HOWEVER, JJB is one of the most underrated backup PG's in the NBA, and is EASILY worth more than 2 mil. I'd say he prolly is worth around double that. I really am not a huge fan of JJB's, simply because of his tendency to pound the rock and his ridiculous size disadvantage on the defensive end. Nevertheless, his salary is dirt cheap, he is one of 3 players on our active roster than can get into the paint and make things happen. Ergo, he is EXTREMELY valuable for his salary. As of now, I'm completely on the fence about whether or not Roddy will turn in to a PG. If he doesn't, Barea becomes even more valuable.

You don't have to like Barea, but please quit undervaluing him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #2003
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
He means that he's not sure that the Mavs will be interested in bringing him back at an elevated salary.

I'm been pondering it a bit myself. It's fairly useless speculating about it before the new CBA is in place, but in a hypothetical world where the current rules are still in place, I think it's very likely that someone would offer JJ more money than the Mavs want to pay.
Okay, that's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. I guess it's possible, though I'd be surprised to see that come to pass.

The obvious point of reference is the contract Dallas passed on in letting Brandon go to the Magic, but it does seem to me like those situations are pretty different when you look closely enough, which is to say, dig a bit deeper than the 'undersized backup' characterization; the big point being the fact that Dallas would appear to need a proven NBA point guard, even a smallish one, much more than they needed a proven NBA PF back when Brandon was a free agent. Taking your cue and assuming the current rules, I think Dallas goes farther to keep JJB than they were willing to go to re-sign Brandon.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #2004
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Okay, that's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. I guess it's possible, though I'd be surprised to see that come to pass.

The obvious point of reference is the contract Dallas passed on in letting Brandon go to the Magic, but it does seem to me like those situations are pretty different when you look closely enough, which is to say, dig a bit deeper than the 'undersized backup' characterization; the big point being the fact that Dallas would appear to need a proven NBA point guard, even a smallish one, much more than they needed a proven NBA PF back when Brandon was a free agent. Taking your cue and assuming the current rules, I think Dallas goes farther to keep JJB than they were willing to go to re-sign Brandon.
I think it depends on how they view Roddy, and how much longer they think Kidd will play. If Roddy isn't a PG, and Kidd's about to retire, do you really want to commit a decent chunk of money to player that, honestly, can't ever start for you?

If the Mavs had a starting PG that was going to be around a while, then I could see them committing to JJ as the backup PG/sparkplug SG. But given their current roster, I could see them passing on spending money on JJ so they can focus on finding an eventual successor to Kidd.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #2005
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

There is more to playing basketball than being a solid offensive player (which for the most part JJB is) his defense is beyond bad most of it isn't his fault cause of his size (though I would like to see him play on 12 inch heals) but is what it is. I actually think JJB is overrated anytime he comes into a game commentaters on ESPN or opposing broadcasters gush over him like he is one of the best bench players in the NBA
Old 02-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #2006
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think it depends on how they view Roddy, and how much longer they think Kidd will play. If Roddy isn't a PG, and Kidd's about to retire, do you really want to commit a decent chunk of money to player that, honestly, can't ever start for you?

If the Mavs had a starting PG that was going to be around a while, then I could see them committing to JJ as the backup PG/sparkplug SG. But given their current roster, I could see them passing on spending money on JJ so they can focus on finding an eventual successor to Kidd.
I guess we'll see. I'd sure be sorry to see him go. One thing that occurs to me is that it may depend to some extent on how widespread the interest in JJB is. If the Mavs feel like they're only in competition with one or two teams at his eventual price point, and it's more than they want to commit to him, I can see them letting him walk. On the other hand, if the market settles in on the high side but there are a number of willing buyers, Dallas might be more likely to pony up the dough, reasoning that his trade-value would be intact (the same argument Stein's reported they had about Devin).
Old 02-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #2007
mavs777
Diamond Member

Prince, T Mac, and Hamilton missed practice

apparently they are protesting
Old 02-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #2008
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

buy out for prince and we will sign him.right?
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #2009
mavs777
Diamond Member

Marc J. Spears Wizards and new guard Mike Bibby are discussing a possible buyout, a source told Y! Sports. 2 hours ago
Old 02-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #2010
mavs777
Diamond Member

Doc had touted the fact that the starting five had never lost a playoff series,” Jackson told the Los Angeles Times, his sarcasm starting to increase. “I’m sure most everybody has heard it in the NBA, that this starting five has never lost a playoff series. Well, they go down without ever having lost a playoff series.”
Old 02-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #2011
mavs777
Diamond Member

No surprise: Hamilton, Prince, and T Mac have yet to play
Old 02-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #2012
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Joe Dumars might as well coach the Pistons with the way they keep replacing coaches.

Last edited by Thomas86; 02-25-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #2013
mavs777
Diamond Member

Supposedley Prince, T Mac were all laughing while their coach got ejected
Old 02-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #2014
mavs777
Diamond Member

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/2...-video-youtube
Old 02-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #2015
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Suns may fade but Nash still shines
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...-still-shines/

Quote:
On his way to the morning bus, Steve Nash dug his hands into his pockets and looked at the ground. It’s been a long season, one of the longest of his 15-year career, between a team stripped down for parts and a marriage that dissolved the day after his third child was born. Long year, and it’s not over yet.

“It’s been tough,” he said. “Family’s number one in your life, and basketball is number two, and my two sanctuaries have disappeared, in a sense.” He brightened up a little. “But I always take life as an opportunity to grow and get better.”

The basketball’s been great as long as you don’t note the fact that Nash’s Phoenix Suns, after a recent 8-3 surge going into last night’s game against the Toronto Raptors, still sit 10th in the West. The kid from Victoria is producing numbers that equate to his back-to-back MVP seasons of 2004-05 and 2005-06, but a great point guard is only of so much use when you’ve reduced last year’s Western Conference final team down to Nash and a pile of role players. Nash never wavers in his commitment to making it better, but that doesn’t make it easy.

“It’s difficult, you know?” Nash said. “I went from being a putback from being up 3-2 and [being a game from] going to the Finals, to going into the summer saying I’m going to do everything I can to get better so I can go to the Finals this year, to starting with a whole new team in October. And that’s a difficult climb, especially because we had it figured out.”

But then Amar’e Stoudemire left for New York, and Jason Richardson and Hedo Turkoglu were peddled to Orlando for the remains of Vince Carter — half-man, half-retired — and some more role players, and the Suns are paddling above .500, trying to catch a playoff berth. At 37, Nash is as brilliant as ever — 16.8 points, 11.3 assists, and a stellar shooting line of .523 from the field, .406 from three-point range, and .918 from the free-throw line — and is also the league’s all-time leader in playoff games without an appearance in the Finals.

And though it seemed logical that a team ripe for a rebuild might trade the most valuable player on the roster, the Suns didn’t budge through this week’s trade deadline, and Nash didn’t ask. But yesterday, Nash opened the door, just a crack, to leaving.

“I’m open to whatever they want to do,” he said. “I mean, if they want to move me, I’m open to that. If they want to keep me, I’m open to that too.”

It’s not anywhere close to a trade demand, and it’s unlikely that Nash will ever issue one. The closest he came to setting parameters was to say, “It’s very important to have a chance to be in the playoffs. I don’t want to be on a team that just isn’t going to be in the playoffs.”

But it sounded like a signal that a graceful exit is possible if the Suns wanted to go down that road. That fits with what the seven-time all-star’s longtime agent, Bill Duffy, told ESPN.com’s Marc Stein earlier this month.

“Steve is a Phoenix Sun and I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say he’s the face of that franchise,” Duffy told Stein. “But logic dictates that it would be prudent for the Suns to start looking at their long-term future in the summer, so we would expect that they may entertain moving him during the summer. We are ready for that and we anticipate a very respectful process if they decide to look at starting over with a younger core.”

That being said, the Suns seem a long way from considering a post-Nash era, and anyway, he’s not yet in a mercenary mindset. As the league’s elite players fall over each other to join forces in the wake of the formation of the Miami Heat, Nash watches, but can’t follow.

“Well, I mean I think for me, of course I want to win a ring,” Nash says. “But at the same time I’m like, ‘I don’t want to win it with those guys. Those guys have been the enemy for X amount of years.’ So I’m not quite in that camp yet — ‘I don’t care, put me on the best team and I’m going to try to win a ring.’ I still feel like kids from my neighbourhood want to beat the kids from that neighbourhood, like we were growing up. I’m not ready to concede, ‘Well, they’re better than us, I’ll join them.’ I’m just not there yet. Maybe I’ll get there.”

He concedes Dallas, with his good friend Dirk Nowitzki, would be a different deal. (“I’m not saying that couldn’t happen,” Nash said.) But for now, it’s Phoenix, for as long as it lasts.

“A lot of people are like, ‘Well, why don’t you ask for a trade?’ Well, you could ask for a trade and go to a team that’s in a worse position this year,” said Nash, whose contract runs through 2012. “So I try to be thankful for what I have, great teammates, great coach, a city I’ve had a lot of success and enjoyment in, I just want to play until they tell me it’s time to move on.”

“The guy is still one of the top four or five guards in the league, and for what we do, I still think he’s the best guard,” Phoenix coach Alvin Gentry says. “So there was no reason to move him.”

Nash’s game remains instantly recognizable, and so does he. His relentless fitness work renders him more and more sinewy, like a triathlete, and his face is a little more weathered. But he still licks his fingers and tucks back his hair; he still throws those passes you could hang in a basketball museum, and launches that jumper that remains as precise as the finest sort of clock.

But nobody is ageless in sports. Nobody gets better forever. And, sadly, Steve Nash isn’t going to be the first.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #2016
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

You somehow wish that those players once their time in Detroit runs out never will find another job in the NBA again. Won't happen but this is just not right
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #2017
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Suns may fade but Nash still shines
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...-still-shines/
Nash and Hill in the offseason! Make it happen Mark! Always will be a fan of Nash and have much respect for him
Old 02-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #2018
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
You somehow wish that those players once their time in Detroit runs out never will find another job in the NBA again. Won't happen but this is just not right
So you believe upper management was right in DNP arguably its best player (Richard Hamilton) for no reason whatsoever the last 30 games? It's not as if Hamilton is a locker room cancer. If you don't want his service, buy him out. You can't sell a "winning attitude" or "we love our players" to those 15 guys with the Hamilton debacle. Dumars and Kuester are a joke.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:52 PM   #2019
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
So you believe upper management was right in DNP arguably its best player (Richard Hamilton) for no reason whatsoever the last 30 games? It's not as if Hamilton is a locker room cancer. If you don't want his service, buy him out. You can't sell a "winning attitude" or "we love our players" to those 15 guys with the Hamilton debacle. Dumars and Kuester are a joke.
I agree...if you don't want the guy around, tell him to go home and get the heck off the team. Having him be in penance on the bench if bush league and really stupid.

I'm not condoning their actions...but management might as well have put a gun to the teams head.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-25-2011 at 10:56 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #2020
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I am actually not able to rate any decisions made by them because I have't tracked the Pistons at all. But even if the Pistons made a lot of mistakes this goes beyond ... this was personal. Its like spitting on somebody who is already down. Got nothing to do with sport.

This opinion only stands if they were really joking about the ejection though.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:34 AM   #2021
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
You said it best- "Kuester and Dumars are a joke".
Kuester lost that team a LONG time ago with his stupid rotations. If you wanna call em that.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:30 AM   #2022
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Nash and Hill in the offseason! Make it happen Mark! Always will be a fan of Nash and have much respect for him
no old guys in our roster,we need D-will not nash and hill.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #2023
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Yes, and 5 other grandfathers please.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #2024
cowdog80

cowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I love both those guys, but I'm not sure I want Hill unless PHX's training staff is part of the deal as well.
cowdog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #2025
JeffViggiano
Banned

guys,what do you think about Brewer???

the knicks will gave him the buyout...is he a better than 3venson in defence???
Old 02-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #2026
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
guys,what do you think about Brewer???

the knicks will gave him the buyout...is he a better than 3venson in defence???
No, are there any guys that are better than Stevenson at the defensive end?
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #2027
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Stevenson 6-5
Brewer 6-9

Stevenson is a great defender against guys his size but he has no business (or shouldnt) guarding 6-7+
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #2028
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Stevenson 6-5
Brewer 6-9

Stevenson is a great defender against guys his size but he has no business (or shouldnt) guarding 6-7+
Durant and Anthony are too big e.g. but he locked down Kobe and Wade...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:13 AM   #2029
JeffViggiano
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Stevenson 6-5
Brewer 6-9

i agree.
we need corey,but i think he will goes to boston...damn
Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #2030
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Which Brewer, the one that used to play in Utah? I'm all for signing him immediately.

Nevermind, I confused him with Ronnie Brewer. Which begs the question: who the heck is Corey Brewer?

Last edited by bernardos70; 03-01-2011 at 12:50 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #2031
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Which Brewer, the one that used to play in Utah? I'm all for signing him immediately.

Nevermind, I confused him with Ronnie Brewer. Which begs the question: who the heck is Corey Brewer?
He was part of that Florida National title team, Horford, Noah. lottery pick of TWolves. Extremely long, guessing reach maybe 7 feet. Known for defense than offense. Knicks released him because he didn't fit the offensive style of play, meaning his outside shot isn't good enough for their offense. I think he missed most of 08-09 with a torn ACL, but played all of last season to prove it's behind him. The guy fits at the 2 or 3, having a Jet on one side and Dirk on the other should mask his shooting deficiencies. I think we can use his ability to get to the basket and finish. He averaged 13 points a night in 30 minutes, shot 43 from the field 34 from the stripe.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flushbane, i hate dumars, return of the quack!, strike 17 for cadban?, thanks mods! more cadban!