Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 08-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #121
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
And why aren't they running independent campaigns now?
Because that would further fracture the G.O.P.... At this point I think they're packing it in, focusing on the midterms so they can continue to c*ckblock the White House for another 4 years... They've already got their work cut out for them, no point in wasting energy trying to take down Trump -- just let him die on the vine.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-09-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2016, 09:02 PM   #122
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But neither Cruz nor Rubio could get to the point of facing her. Why? Is it just a matter of matchups? Cruz could be Hillary, if only he could beat Trump? But he can't come close to beating Trump? Live by the lie, die by the lie?

And why aren't they running independent campaigns now? Where is Paul Ryan? I don't have an answer. I'm curious what you (or almost anyone else) think(s).

I agree that she has a very difficult public personality to swallow. But her experience relative to any other candidate's in this year's field is unparalleled (not even close), all the more so versus Trump.
Trump just manipulated the uneducated white male who believes anything related to government should sink to the bottom of the ocean. Yelling big shiny things and building huge walls resonates with a lot of really ignorant people who feel disenfranchised. Don't ask me why they relate to a billionaire who sits in gold chairs. I think they are duped into thinking they'll be just like him success-wise. It's all so surreal that I'm not sure sane people can wrap their heads around it.

Politics in his country are just a reality show now. Asking why Trump beat those other people out is akin to asking why the Khardsahian show is so popular.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-09-2016 at 10:03 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:05 PM   #123
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Because that would further fracture the G.O.P.... At this point I think they're packing it in, focusing on the midterms so they can continue to c*ckblock the White House for another 4 years... They've already got their work cut out for them, no point in wasting energy trying to take down Trump -- just let him die on the vine.
So, would you estimate that they started packing it in a year ago? There was not a decent Republican candidate in the field. Not one. That list of names is a steaming pile of elephant dung.

Is there someone sitting out this year's campaign who would have been a decent candidate? If so, who? Is that person this year's Jeb Bush, sitting out on his/her opportunity (as Jeb did in 2008 and 2012)? And when 2020 comes will it be too late for them?

I agree that the GOP is more fractured than ever (worse than 1992 or 2008, perhaps as bad as the Democratic party after Carter/1980). I remember predicting this 10-12 years ago. It took longer than I thought it would, and I thought that the Establishment would distance itself from the Fringe Right, when in fact the Fringe Right has broken off on its own. But the net effect is the same. And while I also know better than to think that the GOP will remain in this weakened state forever, is the only option available for it to be the Obstructionist Party?

I actually voted Republican for the first 20 years of my voting life, but given what remains of that party, I can't ever see myself backing a Republican platform or, for now, a Republican candidate for the rest of my life.

I'd like to see at least 2-3 other parties form, at different points on the political spectrum, forcing coalitions to form in order to advance reforms and initiatives. Two parties make it too easy for an obstructionist party to stymie progress.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 08-09-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #124
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd like to see at least 2-3 other parties form, at different points on the political spectrum, forcing coalitions to form in order to advance reforms and initiatives. Two parties make it too easy for an obstructionist party to stymie progress.
I'm not going to argue the rest of your points because I don't necessarily disagree with them -- just pointing out why the the Republicans aren't running independent at this point...

As for 2-3 more parties? I'd rather see political parties done away with and have individual candidates with original ideas instead of the popularity contest that partisan politics inevitably devolves into... Right now the party shapes the voter instead of the voter shaping the party -- that's not how democracy is supposed to work... I'm not sure if a slightly-wider variety of group-think is going to fix that.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-09-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #125
Underdog

Clinton Camp Formally Launches Republicans for Hillary Effort

Basically: "Bernie Sanders and the Progressive Left can eat a bag of dicks."

Old 08-10-2016, 04:54 PM   #126
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I've said it for a while: the Right has pulled hard to the Right and the democrats have done the same. Democrats now are the Republicans of Ford or Eisenhower, while the FDR/JFK democrats are without a voice (other than Bernie). It's a sad state of affairs when a lot of Dems have no one that represents them and the conservatives have to choose between an insane pedagogue and a third partier with no chance of winning.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:07 PM   #127
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. German state brainwash TV told, "Putin" had cracked Hillary´s mailserver, but they did not mention, that she sent with an unsecure client. Further interesting. They, as usual, sent the message only 2,3 or 4 x, then it disappeared.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:22 PM   #128
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...

http://www.thestate.com/news/politic...e95023667.html

Old 08-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #129
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I think this line just about sums it up:

Quote:
"By nominating Donald Trump for president of the United States,” Rutherford said, “the Republican Party has abdicated its role as a serious political party ... and transformed into the world's largest and angriest comment section.”

Old 08-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #130
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I think this line just about sums it up:
What really stuck out to me was how the majority want common sense gun restrictions and increase in minimum wage.

▪ 84 percent of those surveyed support requiring universal criminal background checks for firearm purchases

▪ 81 percent support barring firearm purchases by people on the terrorist watch list

▪ 77 percent support increasing the minimum wage

▪ 78 percent support allowing student loans to be refinanced at lower rates

▪ 53 percent support legislation protecting LGBT South Carolinians from discrimination in the workplace, housing, and public accommodations

These are the things that Bernie went on about, and it looks like they really is resinating in people.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-12-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #131
Underdog

Quote:
What really stuck out to me was how the majority want common sense gun restrictions and increase in minimum wage.

▪ 84 percent of those surveyed support requiring universal criminal background checks for firearm purchases

▪ 81 percent support barring firearm purchases by people on the terrorist watch list

▪ 53 percent support legislation protecting LGBT South Carolinians from discrimination in the workplace, housing, and public accommodations

These are the things that Bernie went on about, and it looks like they really is resinating in people.
Yeah, I'm still not sure how "don't let known-psychos and probable-terrorists have guns" translated into "don't let anyone have guns" in the mind of the GOP, but South Carolina (of all places) seems to get it.

And raising the minimum wage should be a class issue, not a partisan issue, so it's nice to see the quickly-growing lower class finally come to its senses and start voting for their own best interests.

Maybe Donald Trump running for president is exactly what America needs right now? It's almost as if the only way we're gong to pull through all the craziness he's created is to allow common sense back into our political conversations... Something that both sides have kicked to the curb over the last couple decades.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:22 PM   #132
Underdog

Meet the Republicans Opposing GOP Nominee Donald Trump
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...-trump-n530696

ELECTED GOP OFFICIALS AGAINST TRUMP

1. Sen. Mark Kirk (R.-Ill.)
2. Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME)
3. Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY)
4. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE)
5. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), former presidential candidate
6. Rep. Scott Rigell (R-VA)
7. Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.)
8. Gov. Charlie Baker (R-Mass.)
9. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.)
10. Sen. David Johnson (I-Iowa, formerly R-Iowa)
11. Gov. Larry Hogan (R-Md.)
12. Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.)
13. Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.)
14. Rep. Reid Ribble (R-Wis.)
15. Rep. Bob Dold (R-Illinois)
16. Dave Yost, Ohio auditor of state

FORMER GOP OFFICIALS & APPOINTEES AGAINST TRUMP

1. Mitt Romney, 2012 GOP nominee, former Massachusetts governor
2. Richard Armitage, deputy secretary of state under George W. Bush
3. Former Sen. Mel Martinez (R-Fla.)
4. Former Sen. Norm Coleman (R-Minn.), Congressional Leadership Fund chairman
5. Former Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)
6. Former Gov. Christine Todd Whitman (R-N.J.)
7. Eliot Cohen, counselor of the Department of State during President George W. Bush's administration
8. Jeb Bush, 2016 Republican presidential candidate
9. Former Rep. J.C. Watts (R-Okla.)
10. Former Rep. Chris Shays (R-Conn.)
11. Former Gov. Tom Ridge (R-PA)

PARTY STALWARTS AGAINST TRUMP

1. Sally Bradshaw, adviser to Jeb Bush's presidential campaign
2. Meg Whitman, Republican fundraiser
3. Mark Salter, former aide and speechwriter for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)
4. Max Boot, foreign policy adviser to Sen. Marco Rubio, Council on Foreign Relations fellow
5. Robert Kagan, senior fellow at the Brookings Institution
6. David Ross Meyers, former White House staffer under George W. Bush
7. Harry Sloan, Republican financier for McCain, Romney, and Katich
8. Cindy Guerra, former GOP chair in Florida
9. Ben Howe, contributing editor to the conservative website RedState
10. Jamie Weinstein, senior editor, Daily Caller
11. Ken Mehlman, former Republican National Committee chairman
12. Patrick Ruffini, Republican strategist and early #NeverTrump adopter
13. Tim Miller, former spokesman for Jeb Bush, adviser to Our Principles, an anti-Trump super PAC
14. Peter Wehner, GOP strategist
15. Liz Mair, GOP strategist
16. Rick Wilson, Republican operative
17. Stuart Stevens, top strategist, Romney 2012
18. Kevin Madden, former Mitt Romney communications director
19. Bill Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard
20. Erick Erickson, conservative commentator, former editor of RedState, founder of The Resurgent
21. Steve Deace, conservative commentator and radio talk show host
22. Brian Bartlett, GOP communications strategist
23. Jay Caruso, contributing editor at RedState
24. Linda Chavez, conservative columnist
25. Mindy Finn, GOP media strategist and president of Empowered Women
26. Jon Gabriel, editor-in-chief of Ricochet
27. Stephen Hayes, senior writer at The Weekly Standard
28. Glenn Beck, host of The Glenn Beck Program and founder of TheBlaze
29. Nathan Wurtzel, Make America Awesome Again super PAC
30. George Will, Washington Post columnist and Fox News commentator
31. Bruce Carroll, creator of GayPatriot.org
32. Mona Charen, senior fellow at Ethics and Public Policy Center
33. Dean Clancy, former FreedomWorks vice president
34. Rory Cooper, GOP strategist, senior adviser to the Never Trump PAC
35. Daniel Vajdich, senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, national security policy adviser to the Ted Cruz campaign
36. Michael Graham, conservative radio host
37. Connor Walsh, former digital director for Eric Cantor, founder of Build Digital
38. Jonah Goldberg, senior editor at National Review
39. Alan Goldsmith, former staffer, House Foreign Affairs Committee
40. Stephen Gutowski, Free Beacon staff writer
41. Ross Douthat, New York Times columnist
42. Doug Heye, former communications director for the Republican National Committee
43. Brad Thor, conservative author
44. Charlie Sykes, radio show host
45. David French, National Review writer
46. Jennifer Rubin, conservative opinion columnist for the Washington Post
47. Quin Hillyer, conservative columnist

Old 08-13-2016, 12:44 PM   #133
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Trump says if he loses Pennsylvania then the election is rigged. Of course it is...

And of course, he said Hillary and Obama are the founders of ISUS cuz ya.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-13-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #134
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Trump says if he loses Pennsylvania then the election is rigged. Of course it is...

And of course, he said Hillary and Obama are the founders of ISUS cuz ya.
Maybe they got them rifles. Can not be closed out, since it turned out that Syria can not be stabilized and there will be no hand given by the syrian population. Germany, Israel, the Brits and the US even armed the Iran under Khomeini (!) and the Iraq under Hussein...
Old 08-13-2016, 02:44 PM   #135
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Maybe they got them rifles. Can not be closed out, since it turned out that Syria can not be stabilized and there will be no hand given by the syrian population. Germany, Israel, the Brits and the US even armed the Iran under Khomeini (!) and the Iraq under Hussein...
The United States is definitely implicit in the creation of ISIS, but it wasn't Hillary or Obama... It was Bush who dissolved the Iraqi military and effectively unemployed a bunch of people whose only job skill was being able to shoot a gun... Unfortunately for us all, ISIS was hiring.

But, yeah, we've been crafting our own boogiemen in the Middle East ever since the Cold War started.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-13-2016 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:02 PM   #136
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
The United States is definitely implicit in the creation of ISIS, but it wasn't Hillary or Obama... It was Bush who dissolved the Iraqi military and effectively unemployed a bunch of people whose only job skill was being able to shoot a gun..
Must have been at least tens of thousands. A huge chunk of them Officers, highly trained soldiers, Fedayin Saddam and the national guard. From what i remember. A fair number of people seeking revenge.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:08 AM   #137
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But, yeah, we've been crafting our own boogiemen in the Middle East ever since the Cold War started.

Truth.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:22 AM   #138
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I've said it for a while: the Right has pulled hard to the Right and the democrats have done the same. Democrats now are the Republicans of Ford or Eisenhower, while the FDR/JFK democrats are without a voice (other than Bernie). It's a sad state of affairs when a lot of Dems have no one that represents them and the conservatives have to choose between an insane pedagogue and a third partier with no chance of winning.
Honestly, they need to be without a voice.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:40 PM   #139
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Honestly, they need to be without a voice.
how democratic
Old 08-16-2016, 10:29 AM   #140
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how democratic
You'll be ok. didn't say that they shouldn't be allowed to feel how they feel..just that the country is a better place when that particular agenda isn't being pushed.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:42 AM   #141
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
You'll be ok. didn't say that they shouldn't be allowed to feel how they feel..just that the country is a better place when that particular agenda isn't being pushed.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:47 PM   #142
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sheets Are Showing.

True or False: All Fascists lie alike.

Rudy Giuliani claimed that no terrorist attacks occured in the USA until Obama was elected President, seemingly forgetting the largest terrorist attack in U.S. history, which ironically briefly catapaulted Giuliani to national stature before the gravity of reality exposed Giuliani as a shameless, nutless, petty demagogue

Then Rudy claims that he didn't forget, but that he was just speaking in "abbreviated language". Which is like a lie without vowels or punctuation or facts.

Which is similar to Hair Furor calling for Russians to hack into American e-mail systems, or for 2nd Amendment "enthusiasts" to react to Hillary's election. And then to claim that he was speaking sarcastically, and never meant to suggest that she should be assassinated.

Be wary of a cowardly provocateur's clarifications that follow the formula: "I never said X, I only meant Y. How you could possibly conclude Z is beyond me."

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 08-16-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #143
Murphy3
Guru

Unfortunately, they almost all do it...
Hillary's garbage...Trump is garbage.. just which garbage smells a little less like cow manure than the other..
Old 08-18-2016, 01:56 PM   #144
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

I saw a twitter poll, yesterday. 50:50 and it were about 65.000 participants
Old 08-18-2016, 04:34 PM   #145
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, it's going to be a close election votes-wise. But for Trump to win the electoral battle, he has to win a blue state that is currently leaning blue. If he doesn't, then he is certain to lose...even if he wins every current battleground state.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #146
Underdog

Quote:
Twitter is an unreliable source since those polls pass through personal networks, which tend to contain like-minded individuals... Not to mention that it's an international platform -- how many of those participants were even American?

RealClearPolitics is a much more reliable non-partisan polling tracker, but it can be a bit tough to decipher... Better yet is the New York Times tracker which breaks down all the national polls (Rasmussen, Pew, Zogby, etc) into a simple aggregate weighed on recency and sample size.

Spoiler alert: it ain't 50:50.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:43 PM   #147
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Default The Emperor Has No Clothes. Or Balls.

Trump Statue Erected in Union Square

Old 08-18-2016, 05:47 PM   #148
Underdog

Quote:
Trump Statue Erected in Union Square

Old 08-18-2016, 06:44 PM   #149
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah, it's going to be a close election votes-wise. But for Trump to win the electoral battle, he has to win a blue state that is currently leaning blue. If he doesn't, then he is certain to lose...even if he wins every current battleground state.
You mean, one democratic state would do ?

Yeah, that is a problem in a democracy in general. The rural areas can pick as they like, the densely populated areas will prevail. That matter is in the discussion in Germany as well, because some mean, the citizens elect the percentage only. ( A party that sends more directly elected representatives from the ~counties can add some seats in certain circumstances, which gives the direct vote more weight and strenghtens the "normal" areas a bit - until the representatives have add some kilogramm weight on the Lobbyists tables, of course )

Only the Britains taught London a lesson.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:46 PM   #150
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Twitter is an unreliable source since those polls pass through personal networks, which tend to contain like-minded individuals... Not to mention that it's an international platform -- how many of those participants were even American?

Spoiler alert: it ain't 50:50.
Nah, i don´t rely on twitter. I just found it funny, that it is all square given the high number of participants.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:03 PM   #151
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:

▪ 78 percent support allowing student loans to be refinanced at lower rates.

This is the camel's nose under the tent.

With no due process? Eventually all political enemies will be on the list with no way to get off.

Price controls don't work. Let the free market sort it out.

Student loans are the reason tuition is so expensive. Also, if you can't afford the loan don't get a sociology degree that doesn't pay.

There is no need for FEDERAL legislation. The federal government needs to but out of decisions that should be left to the states.

Bernie's Socialism is the road to serfdom.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:57 PM   #152
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

What is this green frog, that is linked to the state ?
Old 09-18-2016, 05:00 PM   #153
Underdog

Quote:
What is this green frog, that is linked to the state ?
https://mic.com/articles/143778/is-p...ist#.OhU2p4Noy

Old 09-18-2016, 05:02 PM   #154
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

LOL. Funny. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #155
Underdog

Old 09-27-2016, 08:59 AM   #156
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Old 10-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #157
Underdog

Quote:
Meet the Republicans Opposing GOP Nominee Donald Trump
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...-trump-n530696

ELECTED GOP OFFICIALS AGAINST TRUMP

1. Sen. Mark Kirk (R.-Ill.)
2. Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME)
3. Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY)
4. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE)
5. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), former presidential candidate
6. Rep. Scott Rigell (R-VA)
7. Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.)
8. Gov. Charlie Baker (R-Mass.)
9. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.)
10. Sen. David Johnson (I-Iowa, formerly R-Iowa)
11. Gov. Larry Hogan (R-Md.)
12. Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.)
13. Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.)
14. Rep. Reid Ribble (R-Wis.)
15. Rep. Bob Dold (R-Illinois)
16. Dave Yost, Ohio auditor of state

FORMER GOP OFFICIALS & APPOINTEES AGAINST TRUMP

1. Mitt Romney, 2012 GOP nominee, former Massachusetts governor
2. Richard Armitage, deputy secretary of state under George W. Bush
3. Former Sen. Mel Martinez (R-Fla.)
4. Former Sen. Norm Coleman (R-Minn.), Congressional Leadership Fund chairman
5. Former Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)
6. Former Gov. Christine Todd Whitman (R-N.J.)
7. Eliot Cohen, counselor of the Department of State during President George W. Bush's administration
8. Jeb Bush, 2016 Republican presidential candidate
9. Former Rep. J.C. Watts (R-Okla.)
10. Former Rep. Chris Shays (R-Conn.)
11. Former Gov. Tom Ridge (R-PA)

PARTY STALWARTS AGAINST TRUMP

1. Sally Bradshaw, adviser to Jeb Bush's presidential campaign
2. Meg Whitman, Republican fundraiser
3. Mark Salter, former aide and speechwriter for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)
4. Max Boot, foreign policy adviser to Sen. Marco Rubio, Council on Foreign Relations fellow
5. Robert Kagan, senior fellow at the Brookings Institution
6. David Ross Meyers, former White House staffer under George W. Bush
7. Harry Sloan, Republican financier for McCain, Romney, and Katich
8. Cindy Guerra, former GOP chair in Florida
9. Ben Howe, contributing editor to the conservative website RedState
10. Jamie Weinstein, senior editor, Daily Caller
11. Ken Mehlman, former Republican National Committee chairman
12. Patrick Ruffini, Republican strategist and early #NeverTrump adopter
13. Tim Miller, former spokesman for Jeb Bush, adviser to Our Principles, an anti-Trump super PAC
14. Peter Wehner, GOP strategist
15. Liz Mair, GOP strategist
16. Rick Wilson, Republican operative
17. Stuart Stevens, top strategist, Romney 2012
18. Kevin Madden, former Mitt Romney communications director
19. Bill Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard
20. Erick Erickson, conservative commentator, former editor of RedState, founder of The Resurgent
21. Steve Deace, conservative commentator and radio talk show host
22. Brian Bartlett, GOP communications strategist
23. Jay Caruso, contributing editor at RedState
24. Linda Chavez, conservative columnist
25. Mindy Finn, GOP media strategist and president of Empowered Women
26. Jon Gabriel, editor-in-chief of Ricochet
27. Stephen Hayes, senior writer at The Weekly Standard
28. Glenn Beck, host of The Glenn Beck Program and founder of TheBlaze
29. Nathan Wurtzel, Make America Awesome Again super PAC
30. George Will, Washington Post columnist and Fox News commentator
31. Bruce Carroll, creator of GayPatriot.org
32. Mona Charen, senior fellow at Ethics and Public Policy Center
33. Dean Clancy, former FreedomWorks vice president
34. Rory Cooper, GOP strategist, senior adviser to the Never Trump PAC
35. Daniel Vajdich, senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, national security policy adviser to the Ted Cruz campaign
36. Michael Graham, conservative radio host
37. Connor Walsh, former digital director for Eric Cantor, founder of Build Digital
38. Jonah Goldberg, senior editor at National Review
39. Alan Goldsmith, former staffer, House Foreign Affairs Committee
40. Stephen Gutowski, Free Beacon staff writer
41. Ross Douthat, New York Times columnist
42. Doug Heye, former communications director for the Republican National Committee
43. Brad Thor, conservative author
44. Charlie Sykes, radio show host
45. David French, National Review writer
46. Jennifer Rubin, conservative opinion columnist for the Washington Post
47. Quin Hillyer, conservative columnist
ELECTED GOP OFFICIALS AGAINST TRUMP [1st section updated]:

01. Sen. Mark Kirk (Ill.)
02. Sen. Mike Lee (Utah)
03. Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.)
04. Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.)
05. Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
06. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (N.H.)
07. Sen. Mike Crapo (Idaho)
08. Sen. John Thune (S.D.)
09. Sen. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
10. Sen. Dan Sullivan (Alaska)
11. Sen. Susan Collins (Maine)
12. Sen. Deb Fischer (Neb.)
13. Sen. Cory Gardner (Colo.)
14. Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (W.Va.)
15. Sen. John McCain (Ariz.)
16. Sen. Rob Portman (Ohio)
17. Gov. Gary Herbert (Utah)
18. Gov. John Kasich (Ohio)
19. Gov. Dennis Daugaard (S.D.)
20. Gov. Robert Bentley (Ala.)
21. Gov. Brian Sandoval (Nev.)
22. Gov. Susana Martinez (N.M.)
23. Gov. Bill Haslam (Tenn.)
24. Rep. Jason Chaffetz (Utah)
25. Rep. Mike Coffman (Colo.)
26. Rep. Barbara Comstock (Va.)
27. Rep. Martha Roby (Ala.)
28. Rep. Chris Stewart (Utah)
29. Rep. Carlos Curbelo (Fla.)
30. Rep. Bob Dold (Ill.)
31. Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.)
32. Rep. Scott Garrett (N.J.)
33. Rep. Cresent Hardy (Nev.)
34. Rep. Joe Heck (Nev.)
35. Rep. Mia Love (Utah)
36. Rep. Fred Upton (Mich.)
37. Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.)
38. Rep. Bradley Byrne (Ala.)
39. Rep. Ann Wagner (Mo.)
40. Rep. Rodney Davis (Ill.)
41. Rep. Charlie Dent (Penn.)
42. Rep. Pat Meehan (Penn.)
43. Rep. Frank LoBiondo (N.J.)
44. Rep. Will Hurd (Tex.)
45. Rep. Kay Granger (Tex.)
46. Rep. Tom Rooney (Fla.)
47. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Fla.)
48. Rep. Erik Paulsen (Minn.)
49. Rep. John Katko (N.Y.)
50. Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (Neb.)
51. Rep. Pat Tiberi (Ohio)
52. Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (Wash.)
53. Rep. Steve Knight (Calif.)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-09-2016 at 04:39 PM. Reason: 17 more added
Old 10-08-2016, 04:46 PM   #158
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Both AZ GOP senators now. McCain has also backed out
Old 10-08-2016, 09:23 PM   #159
Underdog

Quote:
Both AZ GOP senators now. McCain has also backed out
He lost the 5 Utah lawmakers with his p*ssy comment alone... American patriotism is central to Mormonism -- they're not about to piss off GOD by electing a "p*ssy grabber" to be a role model for their children.

Trump is blowing it with non-xenophobic Christians, who tend to be more moderate than the far-right lunatics who will vote for anyone with an (R) next to their name.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-08-2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #160
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Interesting. The german main news bleeped out the curse word, which CNN did not

And they translated Pussy wrong ;-)

Tags
clown country, hillary is garbage, scary clowns at that, the deplorables win