Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 08-26-2001, 12:47 AM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

This is so shocking and sad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Aaliyah killed in plane crash

August 26, 2001 Posted: 1:04 AM EDT (0504 GMT)

MARSH HARBOUR, Bahamas (AP) -- R&B singer and actress Aaliyah died Saturday when a small plane that was to carry her and eight others back to the United States crashed after takeoff in the Bahamas, authorities said.

Eight were killed, and one critically injured man was flown to Florida for treatment, officials said.

"We find it devastating and most unfortunate that after having this world-famous star Aaliyah and her crew select the Bahamas as their choice location for her latest video, the project has climaxed on such a tragic note," said Minister of Tourism Tommy Turnquest, who happened to be visiting Abaco Island, where the plane went down.

Aaliyah's song "Try Again" earned her a Grammy nomination for best female R&B vocalist. She made her feature acting debut in the film "Romeo Must Die."

Bahamian national television quoted the civil aviation department as saying Aaliyah was among nine Americans on board.

The private plane was leaving the Marsh Harbour airport on a trip to Opa-locka, Florida, when it went down Saturday evening, said police spokesman Marvin Dames.

Abaco Island Chief Councilor Silbert Mills said those killed included two women and six men.

Islander Derek Russell, who worked for the group during the video shoot, said he got the artist's autograph before the accident.

"She's a nice girl, a friendly girl," he said.

The cause of the crash was unclear. Kathleen Bergen, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration in Atlanta, said the plane was a Cessna 402 owned by Skystream, a company based in Pembroke Pines, Florida. She said the plane crashed at the end of the airport's runway at 6:50 p.m. EDT (2250 GMT).

Source: Aaliyah killed in plane crash
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2001, 01:57 AM   #2
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

That's too bad ...
I saw her music vid and in "Romeo Must Die" with Jet Li ...
you can see her Matrix sequel tho ...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 10:38 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

that is too bad...can't say i cared for anything she did..but, still doesn't mean i wanted anything like this to ever happen
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 10:55 AM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Oh man. That's sad to here. R.I.P

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 12:18 PM   #5
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

That sucks...
Old 08-27-2001, 08:34 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it is sad....
someone that was at least a positive role model...hate to see it.
from all i've heard, she was a pretty good person.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 08:57 AM   #7
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

And one of the finest women too. That really DOES suck!!!!!!! That shocked me more than when I heard Notorious BIG got shot.